[WN] Shut-In : Chapter 162


Chapter 162

True Form

 

The exact moment I thought Jahangir had shrunk his body, heaven and earth inverted, and my line of sight turned toward the sky. It was thanks to the delayed heat that I realized this was because only my upper body had been blown away.

………Guuuuuuuh!?

My flesh was past the point of pain, now only feeling heat. The right half of my body had been torn off, and an unbelievable amount of blood was flowing from my entire body. A fatal wound, this is bad, at this rate……!

Jaunt! All Heal

Without the leeway to specify exact coordinates, I instantly used a short warp to gain some distance and then cast All Heal.

The reason I was able to cast recovery magic reflexively while taking unprecedented damage was thanks to my past efforts in training to be able to use recovery magic even while experiencing pain.

What was just done to me? I didn't see the moment of the attack, but…… even so, this is……

Kohaaaaa…… You are the third person to see this form, Masaru. You may be proud

Before my eyes was the figure of a dragon with a colossal frame that made me look up.

A physique densely lined with lustrous red scales reminiscent of rubies, and sharply pointed, jagged teeth. The pupils of its amber eyes were narrow, evoking a cat, and the very breath it exhaled manifested into the world as flames.

Each and every talon on its three-toed claws was pointed like a sharp blade, the thin wing membranes of its flapping wings were tinged with iridescent colors, and the wings large enough to support its massive body had a mysterious coloration blending red and black. Naturally, the pressure emitted from its entire body had grown even stronger than before.

So this is Jahangir's Dragonification skill……

Unlike other demons, there wasn't even a transformation motion leading up to the skill's activation. Before I noticed, it was over in a flash, and in the next moment, I had already been struck.

FWOOSH!

Along with a sizzling heat that burned my cheeks, an armor of flames deployed around Jahangir. This guy…… he can still use that normally even in his dragonified state?

Hahha!

Clad entirely in an armor of flames, Jahangir flapped his wings and ascended into the sky.

The breath of the Flame Dragon King――Try and withstand it!

When he took a deep breath, his throat and mouth swelled, and in the next instant, my sixth sense rang alarm bells telling me to run away immediately.

What was about to be unleashed was undoubtedly a dragon-exclusive magic considered to be the strongest strike a dragon possesses――a Breath Attack. I absolutely cannot afford to take this, no matter what.

――! Jaunt!

I immediately activated teleportation, circling to Jahangir's back. With a massive body of this size, physical attacks are impossible, but because the target is bigger, it should be easier to land attacks!

Double Gungnir!

Naive

Jahangir's figure vanished. I was barely able to follow that movement with my eyes. I created a foothold and backed away to somehow avoid the attack, but Jahangir closed in on me with a speed surpassing that. A claw strike unleashed with a swing of his arm. I caught it with the Holy Corpse Sword, but the impact coming from the side pierced through it and assaulted me.

Gahah……!

Fresh blood spurted from my body, which had been slashed into the shape of Jahangir's giant talons, and I was blown backward while spinning in a tailspin.

Damn it, this guy…… is faster than me!

That strike from Jahangir just now. This time I knew it was coming and evaded, but it was still faster for him to correct his movement. In other words, his Agility status was higher.

Against an opponent who moves faster than you, you are forced into a one-sided disadvantage. I truly hadn't imagined that the violence of Agility I had been utilizing until now would actually be turned against me.

Uwah, that is, really bad……

Amidst my rapidly spinning field of vision, the place where I had been until a moment ago had expanded into a sight I could only describe as a hell on earth. Everything burned equally, an overwhelming high temperature that wouldn't even leave cinders behind. If I had taken that, there's no doubt I wouldn't have gotten off scot-free.

All, Heal……

While falling toward the ground, I stared intently at Jahangir, who was looking down at me. Despite being in a position to mount a pursuit, Jahangir simply stared back at me with a gaze that seemed to be testing me.

The intense, sharp pain was soothed by recovery magic. My wounds vanished, but the battle situation remained completely unchanged.

Even if I wanted to engage in a magic battle, at this speed, it's difficult to land magic and peel off that armor of flames. And fighting physically is also impossible because the opponent's Agility is higher.

As I fell, the simulation running through my head at record speed arrived at a single answer.

With the way I am now, I can't beat this guy……

It has been a while since I've had a battle that made my blood boil and my flesh dance…… Farewell!

Jahangir took another deep breath, entering the stance to unleash a breath attack. Looking up at that, I…… let out a dry, hollow laugh.

Whether it was the trampling in the Kingdom or the fights against demons, I had only been overwhelmingly dominating my surroundings lately, so I had forgotten. Even though I've gotten stronger, the world is vast.

There are still plenty of guys stronger than me in this world. Not even a year has passed since I came to this world.

With the way I am now, I can't beat you yet. Therefore…… just you wait, Jahangir

The breath was activated, and the purgatorial breath that would incinerate everything in its attack trajectory closed in on me.

You are absolutely…… someone I will defeat

Watching the breath close in on my eyes, I…… grabbed a doorknob and tumbled into my home. It was a defeat, one that I was experiencing for the first time in a long while――.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>