47
「……?」
Candice woke up while feeling dissatisfied
with the hard pillow. Right in front of her were violet eyes, and at that
moment…… time stopped. How much time did it take for her to recall her current
situation? At the same time she remembered where she was currently sleeping and
what she had planned to do, the blood drained from Candice's face.
(I-I-I…… fell asleep!?)
It
seemed that while dozing off, she was for some reason using Valentin's
lap as a pillow. She remembered being told by Eva and Rose every
morning recently, 「Imperial Princess-sama, your sleeping posture is too
terrible!」 and 「Where
are you sleeping!」
「……If you are awake, get up.」
「Y-Yes!」
Hearing
the low voice, Candice hurriedly raised her body. When she cast a
fleeting glance to the side, to her surprise, she had even drooled on his
trousers. Seeing the drool stain seeping into his loungewear, Candice
almost fainted.
(──KYAAAAAAAH!? A-As I thought, my
redo Imperial Princess life ends here!? I don't want to be killed here~!)
Hearing
a sigh just as she was deeply in thought, Candice's shoulders gave a
large jolt. Candice hurriedly took out a handkerchief and grabbed his
clothes to wipe off the drool that got on Valentin's loungewear.
「I-I'm sorry!」
「…………」
「I got sleepy while waiting……!」
However,
looking at Valentin's expression, he looked clearly displeased, and
although she thought he might snap at any moment, she reached out her trembling
hand. As she bit her lip with his sharp glare piercing her from above and tried
to pat the drool-covered clothes, Valentin restrained Candice's
actions and then suddenly, smoothly slipped off his loungewear. Seeing the
well-balanced, toned body with scar-covered skin, Candice too was
surprised and stopped her movements.
「…………A change of clothes.」
With
that single word, a maid waiting outside appeared carrying a new, completely
wrinkle-free set of loungewear for Valentin. And while Valentin
was changing clothes in the corner of the room, fresh black tea, sweets, and
cake were being placed in front of Candice.
「???」
Candice, who thought she would absolutely
be scolded, had a head full of questions. Not only was she not scolded for
drooling, but for some reason, a luxurious tea set was being placed right in
front of her.
Valentin, having composed himself, sat down
on the sofa opposite her. Hugo was lazily gathering the documents Valentin
had been looking at. Although Candice sent a gaze to Hugo as if
asking for help, it was dodged with a smile.
She
had woken up after sleeping using the Emperor's lap as a pillow and had
drooled, yet she was not scolded, and tea and sweets were prepared in front of
her. By the way, since being told to get up, Candice had not been spoken
to again.
(What am I supposed to do……!? Someone
tell me!)
As
if nothing had happened, Valentin was languidly drinking black tea right
in front of her. For the time being, Candice muttered in a small voice, 「I am terribly sorry.」
「……」
「……」
However,
no reply came back.
(He is angry about this, isn't he!?
Since I've never spent time alone with Otou-sama like this, I don't know what
to do. Why is he doing this to me when he hates me? ……Poison? Could it be that
there's poison in this!?)
Candice's thoughts were rapidly heading in
a bad direction. In an atmosphere that felt like she would choke, she sat
stiffly on the sofa. As she was pondering whether it would be better to greet
him again or to excuse herself and come back later……
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----