[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 48


48

Eat.

Addressed like that, Candice raised her face while biting her lip. By "eat," did he mean the cake in front of her? When she cast a fleeting glance to check, Valentin was still sending a sharp gaze at Candice.

If I don't eat, I'll be killed……! Even if it's poisoned

Not really understanding, Candice took a sip of the black tea just as Valentin told her to. Then, after having a piece of cake placed on a plate, she scooped it up with a fork and carried a bite to her mouth.

Thinking it wouldn't have any taste due to her nervousness, a wonderful aroma spread inside her mouth instead. Perhaps because the chef was different, Candice held her cheek at the mature, high-class taste.

Mu……!

Recently, the chefs of the White Palace, perhaps out of consideration for Candice and Arthur's health, hadn't been serving foods with very strong flavors. Although she received sweets in moderation during snack time, since she wasn't a child on the inside, the taste was a little lacking.

The sugar-filled cream electrifyingly stimulated her brain. It had been a while since she had such a sugary sweet cake, and it was so delicious that she couldn't stop her hands. The fruits inside the cream were sweet and sour, refreshing, and perfectly balanced.

In the blink of an eye, Candice completely devoured the first piece of cake. As she let out a breath of satisfaction, Valentin's gaze shifted to the cakes piled up like a mountain.

D-Don't tell me…… he's not saying I should eat all of this, right?

Even though they were cut into smaller pieces, it was a sufficient amount for a child. However, figuring she might as well since it was there, she sent her gaze to a cake made with chocolate next. Then, the male server confirmed with Candice, asking, Is this one alright?

When she reflexively nodded, the chocolate cake was placed in front of Candice. The cake disappeared as if being sucked into the mouth of Candice, whose eyes sparkled looking at the beautifully decorated cake.

As she let out a breath of relief while drinking the strongly bitter black tea, there was the figure of Valentin looking this way with his hand resting on his chin. Feeling somewhat awkward, Candice opened her mouth to ask a question.

Otou……hk, doesn't His Majesty the Emperor wish to have some?

She tried to say "Otou-sama," but stopped at the very last second.

I have to take the exact opposite approach from before……! Otherwise, I will be sentenced to death again.

She had decided not to obsess over either her mother or her father this time. Being given cake like this and being forgiven even after drooling makes her almost misunderstand, but there is absolutely no way Candice will be loved.

……Because, I am hated by Otou-sama.

Feeling somewhat down, she set down the plate that still had half a cake on it.

I am fine.

At those words, she sent her gaze to the massive amount of leftover cake. It would be bliss if she could eat all this cake. Feeling fully stuffed as expected, Candice rubbed her stomach.

I wanted to eat about three more, but I'm already full.

For this time only, she hated her child's body.

If only I could let Arthur eat some too……

With such thoughts, she stared at the cake with melancholy eyes. Violet eyes that widened slightly. After that, Valentin pointing at a cake. The server took the cake onto a plate and placed it on the table without making a sound. And just as she thought he picked up the plate and fork, he carried a bite to his mouth.

H-He ate it……? I wonder why.

He had said he didn't need any earlier, but did he change his mind? For some reason, upon eating the cake, he said, It is sweet, and requested a refill of black tea.

Could it be because he thought I wanted to eat cake together, or something? Is that why he ate it…… no, there's no way that's the case.

Although Candice thought 'what if that were true,' she immediately reconsidered, thinking it was just her imagination.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>