Wednesday, May 24, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 2


Chapter 2

The Person Who Acts Behind the Scenes

 


Translator : PolterGlast



The loud laughter of my former party members remained unceasing as I walked out of the tavern.

Apparently, they were having rounds of drinks to commemorate my expulsion.

 

"The look on his face when he was told he had been expelled was priceless!"

"You can say that again. Our drinks gonna be good tonight!"

"It was a really fun spectacle to watch. I've always wanted to beat up a human being. I couldn't get that feeling from a monster. In that sense, at least he was useful in the end."

 

They were having a lot of fun while insulting me.

It seems that this is what Luxia's true nature is like.

She just said she couldn't bear to feel the pleasure of beating people up.

Isn't She's just a psychopath?

 

"What a terrible thing to say, Luxia-chan. You were his best friend, weren't you?"

 

"Aren't you the same, Hauser? You seemed to enjoy beating him up too. The only reason I was friendly with him was because I lost to him in a game of rock-paper-scissors. And he got all happy because I was being nice to him. What a fool."

 

"Well, at any rate, we've gotten rid of our burden now. From here on, we'll go straight to subjugate the Demon King. The reward will be split among the three of us."

 

I see now.

So it also meant to make sure that the three of them got a larger share of rewards, huh?

-Wait, this is not the time to be analyzing this. How can they be so unreasonable?

 

"Today's mission was a piece of cake, wasn't it? I can't believe most people can't even defeat something like that."

 

"Since that trash was nothing more than a burden, we were practically the only three who made it to the S rank. Our party is going to be a hero party, a group of winners led by this Arnold-sama!"

 

"Forget about that small fry, let's just eat the rest of the food."

 

Don't tell me you guys really think that you're so strong? Unfortunately, a party without me won't be able to beat not only the Demon King, but even his subordinates. As it is, you're just a bunch of weaklings.

You guys will become losers.

 

"Phew~! We're going to be busy tomorrow. Drink as much as you can today! Let's spend the money he left behind!"

"I'll follow you, Arnold-san, wherever you lead me!"

"I'll buy a lot of servants once I defeat the Demon King. Kufufufu, I'm looking forward to it!"

 

I never realized that they were such a bunch of scum.

It's probably a good thing that I was expelled.

 

But alas, I'm in trouble now. Right now, I don't have a lot of money, let alone equipment. But it would be awkward to go back to get it now. Besides, I can't just stand here and listen forever.

 

Now what should I do?......

All right, let's go to the nearest town for the time being!

I need to decide on a plan for the future, and the first thing I need to do is find a place to stay.

 

"....... Bye, guys."

 

While listening to the three of them laughing behind my back, I began to walk alone through the dark night streets.

 

 

◇◆◇◆◇◆

 

 

They expelled me, even though I was helping the party to win comfortably. If I wanted to, I could kill an S-rank monster by myself in an instant.

 

But that would have been boring, and I might have drawn the jealousy and animosity of my friends. It is the fate of those who are too strong. I liked the atmosphere of everyone working together, so I stayed in the shadows and supported my friends.

 

--It was not that I played the "ass-kisser" role. I supported my friends with everything I had. That's why we were promoted to the S rank in just three months. This seems to be the fastest rank-up recorded.

 

Then why didn't I tell my allies about my ability?

It's not that I didn't want to, but that I couldn't.

 

It is because this ability is somewhat similar to the one used by the Demon King's forces.

Everyone has a secret or two, but in my case, it is this ability.

 

If it were to become public knowledge, there would be a concern that it would cause a commotion. I thought there were possibilities that I might be expelled for being creepy, but I never thought I would be treated as incompetent ...... I thought everything would be okay as long as I was one of them, but they didn't believe me and expelled me ......

 

My ability is Inversion. Simply put, it turns the status of the enemy upside down. The Catastrophe Dragon we defeated today was an S-rank monster, but with my ability, it will be on the same level as an F-rank monster.

 

F-rank monsters are goblins at best. In other words, the three of them were happy to beat a goblin to a pulp. Even if they did their best, they would only be able to defeat an A-ranked monster.

 

When I was beaten and kicked by them earlier, I used this ability to weaken their attack power. Besides reversing their status, I can also use it in this way.

 

They hit me as hard as they could without mercy. They may have felt the impact of the attack on themselves, but in reality, for me, it felt as if a fly had landed on me. I was caught off guard and got hit once, which made me spit out my Neapolitan, but I was mostly unharmed.

 

Also, my overall stats are average, but with this ability, that's not a problem. If the enemy is stronger than me, I will apply my ability to make him weaker than me. If it is weaker than me, I will crush it as it is. In other words, it is almost certain that I can win in a one-on-one fight.

 

But it is true that my magic power is zero, and that is a problem. I still admire magic, and there is probably no one with zero magic power after all. It's one of the reasons I was expelled.

 

Well, I have this ability instead, so all is good.

By the way, here's my status.

 

─────────

Name: Rikuto

Stamina: C

Physical Attack: C

Physical Defense: C

Magic Attack: -

Magic Resistance: C

Magic Power: -

Agility: C

─────────

 

There are nine ranks of status.

SS, S, A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.

G rank is the level of a bug, and SS is a completely out-of-the-world level.

Nevertheless, can those guys go on an S-rank quest by themselves?

 

No, let's not think about the past.

I'm a little worried, but it doesn't matter to me anymore.

 

"Let's see, I'll just call it a night here."

 

I rested my back against a large tree and quietly closed my eyes.

It's been a while since I've had a night alone. But I think I'm going to have a good night's sleep.

 

Oh, come to think of it, I've made up my mind on one thing.

I'm sure there are others who have been expelled from the party just like me.

Unlike me, I'm sure they're going through a really hard time.

I'm going to team up with them and defeat the Demon King.

Let's prove that there are no incompetent people in this world.

 

 

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>



Support Me