Sunday, May 21, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Volume 1 Chapter 1

Hello guys, PolterGlast here.

This is a new novel I will translate. There's no fixed schedule since I will be prioritizing Dragon Chain Ori.

I hope you will enjoy this one. Well, I hope I will as well, this one is new for me too.  

 ---

 

 

Volume 1 Chapter 1

The Expelled Boy

 


Translator : PolterGlast



It all starts with a trivial event.

A single word, a single encounter, can easily turn the world upside down.

 

However, such a "trigger" is close to a miracle.

The weak are exploited by the strong and ridiculed as incompetent.

Those who have become accustomed to defeat are left to wait for their death in solitude.

 

In such a situation.

 

If only there was someone who could create hope out of despair, who could open up even a cursed destiny, and who could turn 0 into 1.

 

That person would surely be,

He would be the most courageous person in the world.

 

 

***

 

 

"With this, we're S-ranked now. Aren't we the closest to defeating the Demon King?"

 

My name is Rikuto, I am 17 years old.

I am an adventurer aiming to defeat the Demon King and become a hero.

 

We just completed the advancement quest which was to subjugate the "Catastrophe Dragon" and finally promoted to S-rank party. Now we are in the middle of a celebratory banquet at a rented out tavern to celebrate our promotion. I was in a festive mood, with sake in my hand, I spoke to the party's madonna, Luxia.

 

"We did it, Luxia. Cheers!"

 

Luxia is a shy girl who doesn't like to talk to other people, but she talks to me a lot. She is proficient in healing skills, and her personality, looks, and skills all help her to be a healer.

 

--It's supposed to be that way.

 

"Huh? Luxia, please say something."

"............"

 

She ignored me. Luxia is a shy girl, but she has never ignored anyone.

I wondered if she didn't hear me, so I tapped her on the shoulder again and called out to her.

As I approached, I could smell that today's Luxia smelled of perfume, stronger than usual.

 

"O~i, Luxia? Can you hear me--bueh, cough-cough-cough!"

 

Suddenly, my mind became clear.

No, it's more accurate to say that my head literally cleared.

For some reason, Luxia poured alcohol over my head.

It was so sudden that I couldn't hide my shock.

 

"Eh, sorry, did I drink too much?"

 

Would one suddenly pour alcohol on one's companions?

I've never heard of people pouring champagne or beer on each other's heads, and I'm not in the mood for this kind of frivolous behavior. In fact, Luxia is not the type of girl who would do such a thing in the first place. She is the kind of girl who smiles like a goddess and says, "You should drink some water, you know?".

 

My impression of her is that she is a nice, innocent girl.

But something is wrong with her now.

 

"I mean, why is everyone so silent since a while ago?"

 

What I mean by something wrong is this.

The banquet had started, but no one was drinking, and they all had grim expressions on their faces.

 

"Haa--, you still don't get it?"

 

As I was getting suspicious, Arnold, the leader of the party, let out a sigh. He is a bulky vanguard and a friend I've known for a while. We had sworn to defeat the Demon King together.

 

"I can't help surprised at how you could go this far."

 

Hauser, the vice-leader of the party, made a follow-up with a look of dismay on his face. He's a master strategist who's good at using magic.

As I blinked my eyes, the three of them silently stared at the soaking-wet me.

 

"Huh? Surprised? Forget about that, let's just continue drinking. Wha, Luxia, that scary face doesn't suit you---whoa, what are you doing!?"

 

Again, she splashed sake in my face. And this time with a whole bottle. It was like pouring a whole bucket on my face. Wasn't that a bit too much for a joke, and more like bullying?

As I was thinking about that, the next I heard was--

 

"Could you please stop talking to me so casually? It makes me uncomfortable."

 

A low, harsh voice went past my ears. It was a voice I had never heard before, to the point where I couldn't believe my ears. Her atmosphere was completely different. Luxia, who adored me and called me with her cute voice, "Rikuto-kun!", is nowhere to be found.

It was as if I was having a nightmare.

 

"...... Did I do something wrong? I apologize if I offended you."

 

I don't understand why I'm suddenly being treated like this.

Would they do this to one of their comrades?

 

"Haa, Arnold-san. Isn't this trash too insensitive?"

 

Finally, she called me trash.

So I came to a conclusion.

After making up his mind, Arnold slowly opened his mouth.

 

"An incompetent person is not needed here. You are hereby expelled."

 

The world seemed to be turned upside down.

I was prepared for it, but it was sad to be told in words.

 

Arnold said what I expected him to say and tossed a glass along with its contents at me. The glass falls to the ground and breaks with a cracking sound. Just like our relationship.

 

"....... Can I ask why, just in case?"

 

It was beyond irrational. I was hoping to at least hear a valid reason, but it seems I've struck a nerve. There seemed to be no room for dialogue.

 

"Ha~, you don't even understand that, huh? You have no magic power and your unique skill is not good enough! On top of that, you're just a mediocre person whose stats are all average! Oh, anyway, your head is too high. Go lick the floor!"

 

*Bam!*

 

Luxia kicked the legs of my chair, causing me to fall, and then stomped on me without hesitation. Was everything I had seen about Luxia a lie?

 

"That's how it is, you piece of trash. Have you ever been of any use to us? Your skills only weaken the enemy a little. We don't need that kind of thing. We don't need incompetent people who can only carry our baggage in the back. Don't you get it unless you're told!?"

 

"Gahah......!"

 

I was caught off guard and Arnold kicked me in the face.

The Neapolitan I had just eaten comes out of my mouth.

 

"Uwwa, that's really gross. Can you please just go away?"

 

When I looked up, my eyes met Luxia's, who looked down at me.

She looked at me with disdain, as if she were looking at an insect.

 

"...... Cough. Wait, I was doing good and useful."

 

I wasn't satisfied with just being silently beaten like this.

For some reason, I couldn't tell them the details of my abilities, but I was contributing to the party by giving instructions to my friends and weakening the enemies. They must have known that. I didn't do anything to warrant expulsion.

 

"We don't need you. Get the hell out of here!"

 

Arnold shouted at me.

Apparently, he had no idea what was about to happen if I were to be expelled.

They seem to think they are really strong, and they are a little too conceited for that.

 

"Wait a minute. Listen to me calmly!"

 

I decided to trust my friends one last time. We had worked so hard together. Even if they threw me away at least once, we could start over again.

 

"My ability is not just a weakening skill. It's called Inversion and it turns the enemy's stats upside down. That's why all the monsters we've defeated so far--."

 

I couldn't finish my sentence.

He grabbed me by the chest and punched me.

 

"Are you saying that we can't even beat a small fry in the intermediate level, let alone an advanced one? Are you trying to insult us!?"

 

I was thrown off and hit my back on the ground.

The three of them would not listen to me. Instead, they shouted curses at me.

 

"You're getting ahead of yourself, you know that? We can win without using your abilities! If anything, you're wasting our expenses!"

"I really can't stand men like you. You should be thanking me for hurting you so that you don't have any regrets. Now, hurry up and get out of here!"

"It was a unanimous decision. You are literally a burden from here on out. Get out of here!"

 

The three of them attacked me over and over again, as if they were sandbagging me. There was no mercy at all. Something broke within me.

 

"..... Phew. I'm done with this."

"""Ha?"""

"I understand. I don't want this kind of party anyway."

 

I stood up with a nonchalant look on my face as if nothing had happened.

The damage to my mind and body was zero.

 

"Ha~a? What's with that attitude!?"

 

Suddenly, Luxia got angry at me for showing a nonchalant attitude and walking slowly toward the exit.

I paid no attention to the noise and continued on my way.

 

I have no more regrets. I have done my utmost to help this party win. I can't believe they would do this to me. ......

 

I reached the exit, opened the door, turned around, and say,

 

"I'll tell you one last thing. Try your best not to die."

 

With that, I was expelled from the party.

Or should I say, I left.

 

 

 << ToC >> Next>>

 

Support Me