Wednesday, May 24, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 3


Chapter 3

Serpent God Appears

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"Ouch-ouch."

 

It's already morning.

My neck and back are sore from sleeping leaning against a tree.

 

For now, I'm going to go to the next town, [Mithwin], because I might run into them again if I stay in this town, [Sentegand]. And, who knows, people might look down on me because I was kicked out of the party. I doubt they would listen to a word I had to say.

 

"Shall I go then?"

 

I got up and started walking.

The shortest way to get to the next town is to pass through the [Cave of Death] on the way. It would take a week to get there if I detoured, but I could get there in a day if I went through this cave, which can only be challenged by an S-rank party. It is said that once one enters the cave, there is no way for one to return.

 

I'm going to go through this place alone.

 

"It's been a long time since I've been here, but it hasn't changed, huh?"

 

Yes, I had visited this cave with those guys before. At that time, we had just advanced to A rank and were in high spirits when we challenged this cave, but we completely conquered it with my abilities.

 

Therefore, this place is like a garden to me.

 

Kishishishishishishishishishi!

 

A centipede-like creature appeared right away.

I look at the status of the enemy through my ring.

The ring is a tool provided to adventurers that allows them to check on the status of their enemies.

 

──────────

Name: Great King Centipede

Stamina: S

Physical Attack: B

Physical Defense: A

Magic Attack: S

Magic Resistance: B

Magic Power: S

Agility: A

──────────

 

It is a powerful enemy that can destroy a party just by itself. When we encountered it before, Arnold killed it instantly. Like this.

 

[Reversal]

 

I held my hand over the centipede and chanted.

Then the status changes.

 

──────────

Name: Great King Centipede

Stamina: S F

Physical Attack: B D

Physical Defense: A E

Magic Attack: S F

Magic Resistance: B D

Magic Power: S F

Agility: A E

──────────

 

Zubaaaa-! ! ! ! ! !

 

I cut its torso in half with a wooden stick I had picked up earlier in the morning.

It moved even after the body was detached, so I stabbed it until it was completely dead.

 

"Kobolds are still a lot tougher."

 

Even an S-ranked centipede is like a worm in front of me.

Without a single gasp, I proceed further inside.

 

The walls are filled with magic ore, so it's bright even in the cave.

I collect a few shards because I am penniless.

I can sell them for a lot of money.

 

Kushu~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u!

 

This time I suddenly hear something approaching with great momentum.

 

But it never reached me. The speed of the attack is slowed down and the strength of the attack is weakened by the Inversion. The attack itself cannot be repelled, but it is possible to kill the momentum of the attack.

 

I saw something like a thread coming at me from all directions.

The strings of this monster, which are said to reach the speed of sound, are just like jumping rope for me now.

 

"Yotto!"

 

I jumped and easily avoided them.

Five spider monsters surrounded me. I remember Hauser wiping them out with his magic.

 

[Reversal]

 

──────────

Name: Venom Spider (x5)

Stamina: A E

Physical Attack: A E

Physical Defense: A E

Magic Attack: A E

Magic Resistance: A E

Magic Power: A E

Agility: S F

──────────

 

"You guys are all too slow."

 

They sprayed poisonous threads at me in rapid succession, but of course, they couldn't even graze me. I beat them to death one by one. I don't know how many of them are out there, but it doesn't matter to me.

 

"I'm about halfway through. This is going well."

『……D……Ta…………Te……』

 

I heard something coming from the depths of the cave.

It was different from the creepy monster voice.

 

I searched for the origin of the voice, relying on the faint echoes I could hear.

Was some evil spirit on the rise?

 

『……Anyone……Please…………Help me……』

 

No, it was not an evil spirit. It is a voice calling for help.

Judging from the tone of the voice, it is probably a woman. And quite young at that.

How could she have wandered into such a place?

 

"Is someone there?"

 

I shouted loudly once. It echoed loudly in the cave.

 

『……Here……Hurry…………Come……』

 

Without a doubt. Someone has wandered into this cave.

She is still alive. It is still not too late.

If so, I will save her. Save the lives that can be saved.

That is my motto.

 

"Please wait! I'll be right there!"

 

As I searched for the faint voice, the voice gradually came closer and closer.

The voice seemed to be coming from inside the wall.

 

Gigigigi.

 

I pushed on the wall, and it easily collapsed, leading to another path.

 

"I didn't know there was a hidden door. I didn't notice it the last time I came here."

"Somebody! Somebody, please help me! ...... Ah, no!! Don't~~~!!!"

 

I could hear the screams clearly now.

Something must be attacking her. If I don't hurry--

 

Shi~i~i~i~i~i~!!!

 

Despite the emergency, the monster attacked without regard. A huge snake stood in front of me. It was the one that was about to attack Luxia when we came here before. At that time, she was still a lovely girl.

 

No, there was no time to think about such things.

 

[Reversal]

 

Slash~!!!!!

 

I cut it down to about 10 slices.

I'm in a hurry, so please cut me some slack.

 

"Are you all right!?"

 

I found myself in an open space.

Then, I spotted a girl hanging from the ground with her hands and feet tied up.

A creature is approaching her.

 

"Oya, who are you? How did you get here? I am about to enjoy this girl, you see. I won't forgive you if you disturb me. Or better yet, I'll kill you right now!"

 

Judging from its voice, it is probably a man, but it is a creature I have never seen before. The upper half of his body is human, but the lower half is a snake. On top of that, his long hair-like strands were moving. It was not hair strands, but snakes. He looks a lot like a Medusa.

 

"What the hell are you? You look creepy."

"C-, creepy, you say!? Even I didn't become this way because I wanted to! I wanted to be more beautiful and pretty. Despite that, you, you! I will never forgive you!"

 

"I see you have a lot of things going on. I'm sorry if I hurt you. But that girl has nothing to do with it. Please release her peacefully- ...... Wait. What the hell are you doing out of the blue?"

 

The hair snakes stretched out and attacked me, but I could easily dodge them. He seemed to be able to understand me, so I tried to persuade him, but he wouldn't listen to me.

Then, should I just kill it? I'm sure there will probably be a quest to kill this thing, and if it's a demon, I'm not going to give it any mercy.

 

"You see, I love messing up a girl's beautiful face!"

 

The creature, having completely lost its cool, crawled toward me, screaming.

 

"You sure have a weird hobby."

"I am Belluja, the Serpent God, one of the Demon Lord Army's high-ranking officers! I will kill you and mess you up!"

 

──────────

Name: Belluja

Stamina: S

Physical Attack: SS

Physical Defense: A

Magic Attack: S

Magic Resistance: A

Magic Power: S

Agility: S

──────────

 

SS rank and also a high-ranking officer, huh .......

Oh well, I'll manage.

I confronted the Demon Lord's Army high-ranking officer, who seemed to be called the Serpent God, with a wooden stick in my hand.

 

 

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>

 

 

 

Support Me