[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 3


Chapter 3

Serpent God Appears

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"Ouch-ouch."

 

It's already morning.

My neck and back are sore from sleeping leaning against a tree.

 

For now, I'm going to go to the next town, [Mithwin], because I might run into them again if I stay in this town, [Sentegand]. And, who knows, people might look down on me because I was kicked out of the party. I doubt they would listen to a word I had to say.

 

"Shall I go then?"

 

I got up and started walking.

The shortest way to get to the next town is to pass through the [Cave of Death] on the way. It would take a week to get there if I detoured, but I could get there in a day if I went through this cave, which can only be challenged by an S-rank party. It is said that once one enters the cave, there is no way for one to return.

 

I'm going to go through this place alone.

 

"It's been a long time since I've been here, but it hasn't changed, huh?"

 

Yes, I had visited this cave with those guys before. At that time, we had just advanced to A rank and were in high spirits when we challenged this cave, but we completely conquered it with my abilities.

 

Therefore, this place is like a garden to me.

 

Kishishishishishishishishishi!

 

A centipede-like creature appeared right away.

I look at the status of the enemy through my ring.

The ring is a tool provided to adventurers that allows them to check on the status of their enemies.

 

──────────

Name: Great King Centipede

Stamina: S

Physical Attack: B

Physical Defense: A

Magic Attack: S

Magic Resistance: B

Magic Power: S

Agility: A

──────────

 

It is a powerful enemy that can destroy a party just by itself. When we encountered it before, Arnold killed it instantly. Like this.

 

[≪Reversal≫]

 

I held my hand over the centipede and chanted.

Then the status changes.

 

──────────

Name: Great King Centipede

Stamina: S → F

Physical Attack: B → D

Physical Defense: A → E

Magic Attack: S → F

Magic Resistance: B → D

Magic Power: S → F

Agility: A → E

──────────

 

Zubaaaa-! ! ! ! ! !

 

I cut its torso in half with a wooden stick I had picked up earlier in the morning.

It moved even after the body was detached, so I stabbed it until it was completely dead.

 

"Kobolds are still a lot tougher."

 

Even an S-ranked centipede is like a worm in front of me.

Without a single gasp, I proceed further inside.

 

The walls are filled with magic ore, so it's bright even in the cave.

I collect a few shards because I am penniless.

I can sell them for a lot of money.

 

Kushu~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u~u!

 

This time I suddenly hear something approaching with great momentum.

 

But it never reached me. The speed of the attack is slowed down and the strength of the attack is weakened by the ≪Inversion≫. The attack itself cannot be repelled, but it is possible to kill the momentum of the attack.

 

I saw something like a thread coming at me from all directions.

The strings of this monster, which are said to reach the speed of sound, are just like jumping rope for me now.

 

"Yotto!"

 

I jumped and easily avoided them.

Five spider monsters surrounded me. I remember Hauser wiping them out with his magic.

 

[≪Reversal≫]

 

──────────

Name: Venom Spider (x5)

Stamina: A → E

Physical Attack: A → E

Physical Defense: A → E

Magic Attack: A → E

Magic Resistance: A → E

Magic Power: A → E

Agility: S → F

──────────

 

"You guys are all too slow."

 

They sprayed poisonous threads at me in rapid succession, but of course, they couldn't even graze me. I beat them to death one by one. I don't know how many of them are out there, but it doesn't matter to me.

 

"I'm about halfway through. This is going well."

『……D……Ta…………Te……』

 

I heard something coming from the depths of the cave.

It was different from the creepy monster voice.

 

I searched for the origin of the voice, relying on the faint echoes I could hear.

Was some evil spirit on the rise?

 

『……Anyone……Please…………Help me……』

 

No, it was not an evil spirit. It is a voice calling for help.

Judging from the tone of the voice, it is probably a woman. And quite young at that.

How could she have wandered into such a place?

 

"Is someone there?"

 

I shouted loudly once. It echoed loudly in the cave.

 

『……Here……Hurry…………Come……』

 

Without a doubt. Someone has wandered into this cave.

She is still alive. It is still not too late.

If so, I will save her. Save the lives that can be saved.

That is my motto.

 

"Please wait! I'll be right there!"

 

As I searched for the faint voice, the voice gradually came closer and closer.

The voice seemed to be coming from inside the wall.

 

Gigigigi.

 

I pushed on the wall, and it easily collapsed, leading to another path.

 

"I didn't know there was a hidden door. I didn't notice it the last time I came here."

"Somebody! Somebody, please help me! ...... Ah, no!! Don't~~~!!!"

 

I could hear the screams clearly now.

Something must be attacking her. If I don't hurry--

 

Shi~i~i~i~i~i~!!!

 

Despite the emergency, the monster attacked without regard. A huge snake stood in front of me. It was the one that was about to attack Luxia when we came here before. At that time, she was still a lovely girl.

 

No, there was no time to think about such things.

 

[≪Reversal≫]

 

Slash~!!!!!

 

I cut it down to about 10 slices.

I'm in a hurry, so please cut me some slack.

 

"Are you all right!?"

 

I found myself in an open space.

Then, I spotted a girl hanging from the ground with her hands and feet tied up.

A creature is approaching her.

 

"Oya, who are you? How did you get here? I am about to enjoy this girl, you see. I won't forgive you if you disturb me. Or better yet, I'll kill you right now!"

 

Judging from its voice, it is probably a man, but it is a creature I have never seen before. The upper half of his body is human, but the lower half is a snake. On top of that, his long hair-like strands were moving. It was not hair strands, but snakes. He looks a lot like a Medusa.

 

"What the hell are you? You look creepy."

"C-, creepy, you say!? Even I didn't become this way because I wanted to! I wanted to be more beautiful and pretty. Despite that, you, you! I will never forgive you!"

 

"I see you have a lot of things going on. I'm sorry if I hurt you. But that girl has nothing to do with it. Please release her peacefully- ...... Wait. What the hell are you doing out of the blue?"

 

The hair snakes stretched out and attacked me, but I could easily dodge them. He seemed to be able to understand me, so I tried to persuade him, but he wouldn't listen to me.

Then, should I just kill it? I'm sure there will probably be a quest to kill this thing, and if it's a demon, I'm not going to give it any mercy.

 

"You see, I love messing up a girl's beautiful face!"

 

The creature, having completely lost its cool, crawled toward me, screaming.

 

"You sure have a weird hobby."

"I am Belluja, the Serpent God, one of the Demon Lord Army's high-ranking officers! I will kill you and mess you up!"

 

──────────

Name: Belluja

Stamina: S

Physical Attack: SS

Physical Defense: A

Magic Attack: S

Magic Resistance: A

Magic Power: S

Agility: S

──────────

 

SS rank and also a high-ranking officer, huh .......

Oh well, I'll manage.

I confronted the Demon Lord's Army high-ranking officer, who seemed to be called the Serpent God, with a wooden stick in my hand.

 

 

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>