Tuesday, May 30, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 6


Chapter 6

Cave Dating (or not)

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"Rikuto-sama, look! I can move like this!"

 

Fenley jumped around the area excitedly after the curse was lifted.

 

"I see you. That's amazing."

 

My stat is C rank and this girl is B rank. I'm completely outranked.

By the way, in this world, no matter how many monsters one defeats, one's status does not go up by itself. The only way is through discipline and training. This girl must have worked really hard. Meanwhile, I'm ranked C, even though I did my best.

 

Anyway, I know you're amazing, so can you please stop running around in circles around me? Fenley's figure is passing in front of me at a pace of about once a second since a while ago.

 

"Rikuto-sama, you are just as cool as I thought you would be!"

 

When I thought that she finally stopped, she brought her face close to mine and said such a thing to me. I was a little embarrassed.

 

"Thank you, I'm flattered. Eh, as you thought I would be?"

 

Wait a minute, I don't know what she's talking about.

 

"Until a few minutes ago, I was affected by my ability, Low Vision, so I was only able to see vaguely. This is the first time I could see your face clearly."

 

So when she was occasionally rubbing her eyes, it was because she was having trouble seeing. I guess she literally started to see the world shining brightly. Good, that's a relief.

 

"All right, you've had enough, right? It's about time to leave."

"Please let me see it a little more. Or perhaps, ...... is it annoying because I'm such a filthy rag after all?"

 

That's cunning. Anyone would consent to her when they see her looking down with moistened eyes. This girl might be a surprisingly good schemer.

 

"Alright, alright. But it's embarrassing for me, too, so please keep it in moderation."

"Yes~!"

 

She's all smiles. I'm getting a little nervous.

I have to be careful about this ......

 

"Well, let's get out of here for now. I'm thinking of heading towards Mithwin town first."

"I see. Mithwin, is it? ......"

 

Oh, so that's how it is.

 

"It'll be fine. If you meet someone you don't like, I'll protect you."

"Yes! Please!"

 

Her gloomy expression suddenly changed, and she radiated more brightness than a magic stone.

She looks good with a smile on her face. I hope she keeps smiling because it cheers me up too.

 

 

◇◆◇◆◇◆

 

 

From this point on, we must be on our guard.

Since it is necessary to proceed with Fenley in mind, let's be even more vigilant.

 

And then, just as soon as I thought so,

*Rustle, rustle, rustle.*

 

"Hih~? W-, what was that?"

 

Fenley hugged me, startled by the sound of the monster moving. On the other hand, I'm surprised at her actions.

 

"It's a monster. Don't worry, it's not strong."

"B-, but it's so huge!"

 

It is indeed huge, but that's all.

Let's defeat it quickly.

 

Reverse

 

────────────

Name: Dark Scorpion

Stamina: B D

Physical Attack: S F

Physical Defense: A E

Magic Attack: S F

Magic Resistance: A E

Magic Power: A E

Agility: A E

────────────

 

"It's just a big, scorpion-shaped creature. Even Fenley can defeat it. Wanna give it a try?"

 

Even I can take it down with a single blow. Fenley would have plenty of time to do it.

But Fenley went into hiding behind me. She was trembling so much that I could feel her fear.

 

"Fenley?"

"I-, I'm sorry. I ...... have to go to the bathroom."

"Eh, here! Wait a minute, I'll defeat it right away."

 

Bash! With one swift motion, I killed it.

 

"I'll face that way. But please don't go too far from here. If we get separated, we'll be in trouble."

"I'm all right now."

 

When I turned around, there was no longer any fear in her eyes. I looked at the lower half of her body, but she was not wet. Apparently, it was safe.

 

"Are you afraid of monsters?"

 

She nodded stiffly.

 

"Up until now, I've been a little less scared thanks to my bad eyesight. But I never knew it could be this scary ......"

 

She had been exposed to a lot of terrifying experiences, so it is understandable.

 

"You can close your eyes if you want. Here."

 

I held out my hand toward Fenley.

 

"~Ah, Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me."

 

I hold her small, cold hand firmly.

Then Fenley intertwined her fingers with mine so as not to be separated from me.

 

 

 

After that, I defeated the approaching monsters one after another with Reversal and arrived at the exit without any trouble. Sometimes I had to carry Fenley on my back or carry her in my arms with a princess-carry, which made it difficult for me to move, but I managed somehow.

 

"Fenley, we made it. You're not afraid anymore, are you?"

"Yes."

 

That's strange. There are no more monsters now, but she won't separate from me. She doesn't seem to be scared anymore.

 

"If you don't separate from me, I'll leave you here you know?"

 

This is fine for now, but I'm trying to get her to get over it eventually.

I can't always be there to help her, and I can't keep spoiling her.

 

"I'm sorry! Please don't throw me away!!"

 

She apologized in a serious manner. She bowed her head until it was at just the right angle in a serious tone. Even though I was just joking.

 

"Well, I wouldn't go that far."

 

Then her expression lit up with a flash of relief. I never get tired of watching her dramatic changes in emotion. Well, don't worry. I would never do such a horrible thing as expelling you.

 

"Oh, that reminds me, I haven't told you this, but I'm thinking of defeating the Demon King."

 

When I said so, Fenley looked at me with a shocked expression on her face.

Now then, are you going to quit following me? Or maybe are you going to make fun of me?

The answer is neither.

 

"I already expected you would say so. There is no one who can beat him except Rikuto-sama after all! I will follow you until you throw me away!"

 

Did she already expect me to say this? I'm glad to hear that you trust me. I will do my best to live up to your expectations.

 

 

***

 

 

Once we stepped out of the cave, a village spread out in the distance. After a short walk through this village, we would reach the town of Mithwin. It seems we will make it in time by this evening.

Let's think about what to do next tomorrow.

 

--- I thought so, but it does not seem to be so.

 

"Look, Rikuto-sama! The village is bustling with activity."

"You're right. What's going on?"

 

It is a small village, but fully armed men are gathered there.

It does not seem to be a festival.

It looks like an emergency. Even from here, I could see that everyone was moving in a hurry.

 

"Shall we go?"

"Yes!"

 

When we entered the village, there was a commotion.

It was a state of mild panic.

 

"Has something happened?"

"Are you an adventurer? If you don't mind, could you lend us a hand? Monsters have attacked from the nearby forest. We will give you whatever reward you desire to the utmost extent possible. Please, please save this village!"

 

An old man who looked like a village chief pleaded to us.

 

"Rikuto-sama!"

"Yeah, I know. Village Chief-san, we will help you. Please explain the situation."

"Really!? Thank you, thank you."

 

There are so many troubles today.

But I don't mind. Some lives are being saved because I was there. Thinking of it that way, it doesn't bother me at all.

 

I will save this village, too.

 

 

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me