Sunday, June 11, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 7


Chapter 7

20 People vs. 50 Monsters

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"Does this happen often?"

 

I decided to ask the village chief about the situation.

 

"They attack us about once a month. Each time it happens, the village collapses and people die."

 

Once a month? Perhaps these monsters live off the people of this village and the food they eat. Such things happen often. It is a struggle that will not end until these enemies are completely exterminated.

 

"How many enemies are there? How many villagers are there?"

"Fifty against less than twenty. This is a small village, and even the children are armed."

 

More than twice as many.

And they even have to rely on children.

 

"Leave it to me. I'll finish it today."

 

With that, I headed for the men on the front line.

 

 

 

"Please leave the command to me."

"Ha! Who the hell are you, this is not a game. Don't you stranger get in our way!"

 

The exact opposite of the village chief's attitude, they did not welcome us at all. Well, it's difficult to trust a total stranger to take charge, isn't it?

 

"Hey! What are you saying to Rikuto-sama!? You guys should just shut up and do what he says!"

 

Fenley became angry.

Fenley is not intimidated by a man bigger than herself.

 

"What the hell? A woman in a rag and a pathetic little kid should just--..."

 

Snap!

 

"Please take your words back! You can say whatever you want about me, but if you say anything bad about Rikuto-sama, I won't forgive you! Rikuto-sama is an amazing person!"

 

Fenley snapped.

I'm glad you think that way about me, but you're going too far, Fenley-san.

 

"And this is not a rag either! This is a precious robe that he gave me as a gift for the first time! See, I feel so much better when I smell it like this. Sniff, sniff. Haa~, it smells like Rikuto-sama's~. Ehehehe."

 

Fenley became drunk.

That's not my smell! It is the smell of alcohol!

 

"Tch. Damn bitch! First, let's get started with you!"

 

The man raises his fist and tries to deliver a blow. Perhaps he wanted to hit Fenley on the head at least once, but now was not the time to get into a fight over something like this.

 

"Now, now, please calm down. I also overstepped my bounds. But please let me help you. I'm sure I can be of some help. Also, this girl has no bad intentions. Hey, Fenley. Any apologies?"

"Oh no! I'm doing it again. I'm sorry, I went too far!"

 

Fenley sincerely apologized.

These people must have a sense of pride in protecting the village. I'm going to be their support. I've done that in the past.

 

"Damn it. We'll take care of it without your help. You're an eyesore, get lost."

 

After giving a glare at me with eyes that looked like they were directed at an enemy, the man went away.

 

"What is wrong with that guy!? Even though Rikuto-sama said he would help!"

"I don't mind him. Fenley, it's dangerous, so you should hide."

"Yes~."

 

For some reason, her arms are entangled with mine.

I was trying to calm the agitated Fenley when,

 

"Enemy attacksー!!!!!."

 

Another man ran toward us, shouting.

Right behind him were a large number of monsters.

 

"Damn it, I'll protect this village! You guys, just stay out of our way!"

"Women and children, take shelter in your houses! Those who can fight, do whatever it takes to stop them!"

 

The men shouted, "Uooooooo!" and they headed toward the horde of monsters. Some of them were not physically suitable for battle.

 

Kobooooo!』

 

The monsters were also in high spirits.

The fighters on our side were trying to deal with them by shooting bows and using shields and swords, but they were falling short. They would eventually be pushed into the village, and the village would be damaged.

 

"Shall we go join them?"

"Yes!"

 

There are more than twice as many enemies. But they look like ordinary Kobolds. Even so, it is unlikely that the villagers would be able to fight against them. I thought so and checked the enemy's status through the ring.

 

──────────

Name: High Kobold

Stamina: B

Physical Attack: A

Physical Defense: A

Magic Attack: B

Magic Resistance: B

Magic Power: B

Agility: A

──────────

 

"What the hell?"

 

They were not the Kobolds I knew. They looked the same, but their stats were orders of magnitude higher. There was no way average people could deal with 50 of these things.

 

"Rikuto-sama, it seems that recently monsters are getting stronger by mutation. Maybe these Kobolds were originally of normal low status."

 

Mutation? Is that what happened here?

No way, even in a place like this .......

 

"Uwaaaa!"

"Are you alright!?"

"D-, don't mind me! I'll protect this village even if it kills me!"

 

One of our men is surrounded by enemies with his sword taken from him.

He falls down on his butt.

 

"As I Thought, this is scary! Don't come here!!!!"

 

"Rikuto-sama!"

"Yeah, I know."

 

Reverse

 

──────────────

Name: High Kobold (x50)

Stamina: B D

Physical Attack: A E

Physical Defense: A E

Magic Attack: B D

Magic Resistance: B D

Magic Power: B D

Agility: A E

──────────────

 

I reversed the status of all the Kobolds.

Now they finally look like low-class monsters.

 

Slash!!!

 

With a wooden stick, I exterminated five Kobolds by slashing them down with a cleaving motion.

They died with a creepy scream.

 

"Are you all right?"

"T-, thank you!"

"Don't mention it. We'll start fighting back now."

 

I reach out to the fallen man and help him up.

There is no time to rest as there are still many enemies.

Next.

 

"W-, wow! You're amazing! No, hero-sama is amazing! How did you pull it off!?"

 

The man who had treated us as an obstacle earlier began praising us in an unapologetic manner.

You're annoying. Stop talking and fight. You said you're going to protect this village, right?

 

"We'll talk about that later."

"Yes! I'll follow you! Hey, guuuys! Follow hero-sama!"

 

Well, I'm glad to see that morale has been boosted.

I think even the villagers can handle this now.

 

"Die!"

"What a bunch of weak bastards!"

 

In the blink of an eye, only the Kobold's side falls.

 

"This is the last oneee!"

 

The last one was killed, and the extermination was accomplished without any casualties.

 

 

 

"You're amazing, hero-sama! Please take me as your disciple!"

 

I don't take disciples, and neither am I a hero.

And you're getting too familiar with me.

While the men were sharing their joy of victory, a scream could be heard from the village.

 

"Kyaaaaーー !!!!"

"Look! There is a survivor of the Kobolds!"

 

One of the men pointed his finger and everyone turned in that direction.

A Kobold had entered the village.

 

"Damn, I let my guard down. Were they circling around us?"

 

I wasn't counting all 50 of them while taking them down. Despite the fact that he took advantage of my blind spot, it was still my blunder for allowing him to enter. He's a pretty smart guy.

 

No, this is not the time to analyze this. At this distance, I would never make it in time. I can only save what I can reach. No matter how much I weaken the enemy, it is meaningless if I cannot reach them. In a village of women and children who cannot fight, even a single Kobold can destroy them.

 

What should I do? How can we save them?

If even one person gets hurt, if one person dies, I lose.

 

"H, help me! No! I don't want to die!"

 

A cry of a little girl was heard. The Kobold attacked the girl. The other women are throwing stones at it, but they do no damage at all.

 

Sorry.

I can't make it in time.

I'm sorry ...... I couldn't save you.

I looked down and turned away from reality.

 

"Rikuto-sama!!!"

 

Then, a waking voice sounded in my ear.

 

"Rikuto-sama! Leave it to me! I will defeat it!"

 

I looked up and saw Fenley with an expression I had never seen before.

What are you saying? What can you do?

 

"Please hurry!"

 

She stares at me with serious eyes.

This girl hasn't given up on helping them yet.

I see, I just gave up on my own.

 

"Sorry, Fenley. Please give me a hand."

"Yes!"

 

I decided to entrust everything to Fenley.

 


<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>



Support Me