Thursday, June 15, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 11


Chapter 11

[Expeller Side] The Party's Anomalies

 


Translator : PolterGlast



My name is Arnold.

I am the leader of a party called Gathering of Victors, which is currently the most promising and is said to be the closest to defeating the Demon King.

 

The other day, I expelled Rikuto, the trash of the party.

It felt great to beat the crap out of the small fry.

My friends were also very happy with it.

 

Now that we've gotten rid of our burden, we're going to quickly promote ourselves to the SS rank and challenge the Demon King's castle.

 

The three of us are enough, but it's not a bad idea to add a new member.

I'm sure everyone will be begging to join our party.

 

The more party members we have, the less the reward will be.

But it doesn't matter, because we will discard them at the last minute.

 

The same can be said for the remaining members, Luxia and Hauser.

I don't consider them friends.

I keep them around because they are useful.

 

Those who think they're winners are vulnerable to being swept under the rug.

Kukuku, I can't wait to see their despair.

 

I, Arnold-sama, am sufficient to be the only hero.

When I become a hero, I'll take this country and I'll have as many women as I want.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are we in the Cave of Death again? Why not just go into a tougher dungeon than this one?"

"Now, now, isn't this a good place to test how strong we have become?"

 

We are now visiting the Cave of Death. It used to be so easy that it was a bit of a letdown, but it's just the perfect place to get our muscles warmed up. Since we no longer have any burden, the level of difficulty will be easier.

 

"That's how it is, Luxia. Don't complain and follow me."

"It can't be helped. Let's get this over with."

"It'll be a piece of cake for us!"

 

Luxia is good at supporting others with recovery and auxiliary magic, Hauser is good at magic attacks, and I am good at using a sword. It's a perfect lineup.

 

"All right, let's go! Don't let your guard down!"

 

As I took the lead, a monster appeared immediately.

 

──────────

Name: Great King Centipede

Stamina: S

Physical Attack: B

Physical Defense: A

Magic Attack: S

Magic Resistance: B

Magic Power: S

Agility: A

──────────

 

It's an S-rank monster, but not a problem.

I killed it in a blink of an eye when I met one before.

 

"It came out right away! Go get it, Arnold-sama!"

"It is a nasty creature as usual. Just hurry up and kill it."

 

I am trusted by my friends.

Let me show you the back of a dependable leader.

 

"Leave it to me!"

 

I shouted and pulled out my demon sword Catastrophe. It is one of the only ten famed swords in the world, forged from the catastrophe dragon we recently subjugated.

 

"Let's let this new sword suck its blood, shall we?"

 

I kicked the ground and charged straight at the enemy.

 

"Uoooooo!"

 

With a single flash, I cleave the enemy in half.

The enemy cries out in pain and dies.

It was supposed to be that way──

 

Bang !!!

 

"Gyaaaaahhhhhh !!!"

 

A strange cry came from my vocal cords.

I was lightly knocked off the ground by the centipede and plunged into the wall.

 

"B-, be careful guys! This is not the same enemy we've faced in the past!"

 

I quickly got up and tried to keep my composure.

No one will follow the weak.

 

But what the hell ............  just happened? What the heck is this monster? I couldn't see its attack at all. If I weren't wearing this high-end superalloy armor, I'd be a tomato by now. Is there actually a monster stronger than me?

 

I have the pride of being the most powerful person in the kingdom.

There is no way I can be defeated by this small fry.

 

"Perhaps it's a mutated monster we've been hearing so much about lately. We'll support you!"

"Well, we've got plenty of time. Let's just take our time."

 

Oh, so that's what this is all about. Don't startle me.

There's no way I'd get blown away by this small fry, is there?

We're a party. Let's work together and destroy it.

 

"All right, guys. Let's show this monster what we're capable of!"

"Yes, Arnold-san!

"Leave the support to me. I'll reduce the damage like I always do. Strong Defense!"

 

Hyuin!

 

Luxia's buff is excellent.

With it, any attack will only feel like nothing more than catching a fly.

 

"It's time for a counterattack! Dieeeeee!"

 

I raise my sword and attack.

You've humiliated me. I'll kill you as brutally as I can.

 

"I'll support you as well! Restrain him Binding of Lightning!"

 

Hauzer invokes his magic.

This is a technique that paralyzes and restrains the enemy.

 

I rush forward with my strengthened body and pierce the restrained enemy.

That's our winning pattern.

No one has ever survived this combo.

That was supposed to be the case this time, too──

 

Bam!!!

 

"Guaaah!!! Hurts It hurts!!! Dying, I'm dying !!!!!"

 

I was hit by the enemy's attack and plunged into the wall again.

Moreover, several bones in my arm snapped.

I felt intense pain.

 

"Oooi! Hauser! What happened to your binding!?"

"I used it properly!"

"Ha~a!? It didn't work at all! Oi, Luxia! Where's your auxiliary magic!?"

"Ha!? I used it for sure! What are you ranting and screaming about? Hurry up and take it down!

 

Why does it hurt so much? I haven't screamed in years. Damn, this enemy is pretty tough. It must be at least SS rank.

 

"This guy is definitely abnormal! Let's start over!"

 

"Kishishishishi!"

 

"Oh, no, he's going around us! For now, let's just escape further inside! Be careful, it's fast!"

"We know that! Since you're the strategist, come up with a better plan!"

 

Damn, they're useless.

How did we end up like this?

No matter how strong the enemy is, we've always been able to defeat them unscathed.

And now all of a sudden we become like this. What is the difference up until now? ......

 


<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>

 

 

Support Me