Thursday, June 15, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 12


Chapter 12

[Expeller Side] The Collapse of the Party

 


Translator : PolterGlast



We managed to escape from the Great King Centipede.

 

However, even after that, we encountered monsters everywhere we fled.

All of them were enemies we had defeated at least once.

And yet, we were completely outmatched.

We were beaten to a pulp.

 

As we were running away, we kept getting lost, and we didn't know where we were.

 

"Hey, what's going on here!? Why do I have to go through all this!? You guys should be of some use to me! Fucking useless piece of trashes!"

 

I shouted at them.

Of course, it was not toward Rikuto who was a burden.

I had already expelled him. Therefore, he is not here.

All that remains is me, who is superior.

Then, Hauser and Luxia.

Why did we have to go through this? ......

 

"We're doing our best as usual! Isn't this your fault, Arnold-san?"

"That's right, you're the one who's useless. It's embarrassing for you to be screaming and crying like that."

 

It's my fault, you say? Don't be ridiculous.

You're blaming me even though you're just a small fry.

Where's your respect for me since a while ago?

 

"Tch. You guys aren't supporting me well enough! First of all, Hauser, your instructions are bullshit. We keep getting lost, and the monsters are behaving completely off!"

"It's terrible of you to put the blame on me. I'm only making suggestions, you're the one making the decisions!"

"Ha!? Are you saying it's my fault then!?"

 

Damn, come to think of it, until now, that bastard Rikuto has been giving me weird advice. Are you saying it was thanks to him? No, it can't be.

 

"Oi, Luxia! You can't see through traps, you can't fight, and you're totally useless. Your buffs don't work at all, and my arm isn't even healed!"

"Ha~a? You're just too fragile. Are those muscles of yours just for decoration? I really can't stand men who only appear to be tough."

"Ha!? I'm going to strip you down and feed you to them!"

 

Damn it. Ah, right, every time we run into a monster, that Rikuto bastard was always muttering something. I thought he was just fooling around, but what did he do?

 

He was also mumbling something when we expelled him.

Was it really that useful that he was weakening the enemy?

Was it that my eyes were blind?

In other words, does that mean I'm not that strong?

 

No, that can't be true.

He has always been an ordinary guy, unremarkable in any way.

There is no way he has such an amazing ability.

I'm the one who got us this far.

 

"You know, this is the first time we've had to go through something like this, right? And this is happening right after that guy Rikuto disappeared. Basically, isn't this happening to us because you expelled him?"

 

"Ah, that's what I thought as well. Rikuto-kun sometimes gave me his advice. Unlike you, who are [Incompetent]. And at that time, Rikuto-kun was trying to tell us about his unique skill. And yet, you expelled him without giving a thought to it."

 

Luxia and Hauser were pressing on me.

They were clearly different from usual.

 

"Ha~a, you guys were happy when I expel him, too. It can't be just my fault. You guys are also to blame!"

"What the, you are arguing about that!? U~wa, you're really the worst."

"You were the first one that suggested it, weren't you? I can't stand it anymore."

 

What the hell is wrong with these guys? They're talking back to me even though they're just trash.

If you guys don't like it that much, you both could just ──

 

"Luxia-chan. Do you know what I'm thinking right now?"

"What a coincidence. I'm thinking the same thing."

 

Their gazes met.

The color of their eyes is clearly different from before.

But I know those eyes. They are just like──

 

""Let's expel him.""

 

They looked at me with the eyes that expelled Rikuto the other day when they said so.

It was as if they were looking at the weak.

 

"Wa-, wait, calm down, I said a little too much. Heck, this is my party. I won't allow you to leave this party without permission!"

 

I was so upset that my voice was trembling.

 

"If that's the case, I'm leaving. That is, if I can get out of here alive."

"I'll cooperate with you until we get out of here alive."

 

After saying so, the two of them started running as fast as they could.

At that moment,

 

"Shaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

"W-w-what the hell!? Uwaaaaa!!!"

 

I turn around and my eyes meet those of a giant snake. My body goes rigid for a moment.

But my instincts realized that I was about to die, and I began to run by reflex.

 

──────────

Name: Death Serpent

Stamina: S

Physical Attack: S

Physical Defense: S

Magic Attack: A

Magic Resistance: S

Magic Power: B

Agility: A

──────────

 

"Damn it! I ain't gonna die in a place like this! I don't wanna dieeeeee!!!"

 

I run after Hauser and Luxia.

I'll never forgive them. Since those two turned their backs on me. I'm going to kill them.

 

"Wait for me, you son of a bitches!!!"

 

I'm confident in my legs, so I'll catch up to them right away.

I'm going to overtake them and use them as bait.

 

"Kyaa !!!"

 

But then, Luxia fell down in front of me.

 

"Whoa !!!"

 

Hauser was also caught in the collision.

 

"Wa-, wait, don't leave me! Help me!"

"Arnold-san! Please wait!"

 

They both miserably begged for their lives.

Of course, I didn't hesitate to leave them behind.

 

"Ha! Sucks to be you! I had planned to abandon you guys someday from the beginning! It's about time. See you!"

 

I stomped on their backs and galloped away.

Then I saw a light.

 

"Oh! Is that the way out!? All right, this is my lucky day!"

 

I guess it's all right once I get here. Looks like I'm back to the starting point after all the running around. It seems that God loves me. I'll survive on my own and gather a more capable companion. I'm done with those incompetents.

 

I turn around and check on my former friends.

I'll at least see them one last time.

I see they're both being attacked, good good.

 

"I'll say thank you in advance. Thank you! Your deaths will not be in──"

 

Bam!

 

Will not be in vain. I couldn't finish that sentence. Because I slammed into the wall. I didn't understand what had happened.

 

"Ugh, what the heck happened? ...... Uwaaaa!!!"

 

If one has been an adventurer for many years, one knows that this monster is really bad. I know intuitively that this guy is really bad. Sweat poured out of my body. My heartbeat accelerated. Without a doubt, this monster is stronger than any monster I have ever encountered.

 

──────────

Name: Grim Reaper

Stamina: A

Physical Attack: SS

Physical Defense: S

Magic Attack: A

Magic Resistance: S

Magic Power: A

Agility: A

──────────

 

"S-stop it, please. Help me, I'll do anything! Hi~, hiiiiii~!"

 

In front of me stood a black-robed figure known as the [Grim Reaper].

 

"Die and be at ease."

 

Saying so, he put his scythe to my throat.

Hot liquid ran down my neck.

 

"A-, a, aga, agaga."

 

Monsters that can speak human language are on a different level. They are intelligent and can learn.

I was so terrified that I couldn't speak properly. My arms and legs were twitching, and my body was hot and cold.

 

"Die."

 

The scythe is raised.

I stare at it blankly.

Then I slowly closed my eyes──

 

 

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>

 

 

Support Me