Thursday, June 15, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 10


Chapter 10

Fenley’s Fighting Style

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"The bride and groom are waking up! Hurry up and prepare the food! Get ready for the feast!"

 

When I went outside, that guy, Gail, had been busy screaming since early in the morning.

 

"Did something happen?"

 

I ask Fenley while rubbing my sleepy eyes.

 

"It's our wedding party, you know~."

"Ha? No, no, what are you talking about? When did we make such a marriage vow?"

"We exchanged passionate vows last night, didn't we~?"

 

Eh, seriously? I don't remember a thing.

I'm sure ...... I didn't drink any sake. She didn't attack me, did she?

 

"Forget it. I don't remember anything."

"Gosh, I can't be helped then. All right, I'll just keep it to myself."

 

Then Fenley rushed to cancel the party.

She's a good girl, but somehow she's also a bit strange.

 

 

 

"Well, so, let's get back to what we talked about yesterday. When did the Kobolds start attacking?"

 

While having breakfast, I decided to ask the village chief about the details of the incident.

 

"It started about three months ago. There weren't many monsters around here, and there were supposed to be only low-class ones, but all of a sudden this happened."

 

I see .......

So it was that guy, after all. We have to stop him as soon as possible.

 

"I think we've already defeated all of them, so I think we'll be fine for the time being."

"Is that so!? I really can't thank you enough, hero-sama."

"It's okay. This is my mission."

 

My mission. There are three main reasons for me to defeat the Demon King.

 

One is to lift the curse that was placed on me.

 

The second is this mutation phenomenon. Only the Demon King and I can do this kind of work. Yes, "making a weak monster strong" is very similar to my ability. If I were to play an active role in the public eye, there might be people who would suspect that I am the Demon King. Therefore, I needed a party to let me win from the shadows. But I was expelled.

 

It's difficult because people's attitudes and trust can be reversed in an instant.

But judging by the way those guys were behaving, it was fortunate that they didn't seem to associate my abilities with the mutation phenomenon.

 

And thirdly, I save those who have been called incompetent and ostracized. These days, there are many people who are exiled for no good reason. I will prove that there is no such thing as a useless person in this world.

 

"Now, how are the weapons going?"

"It should be ready in a couple of days."

 

I hear that old Gum, the Dwarf, is quite capable. I'm looking forward to it.

 

"I'm looking forward to it. Now then, I think we are going out for a while."

"Oh, are you going on a date right away? What a passionate couple~."

"Oi, Gail. Shall we go train together?"

"Oh, no, thank you very much. I appreciate the offer, but I have other things to do."

 

What the. I thought I would be able to give him a good lesson. Oh well.

 

"Shall we go, Fenley?"

"Yes!"

 

 

◇◆◇◆◇◆

 

 

"Ugh, it still gives me the creeps after all."

"Don't worry. I'm here with you."

 

We are back in the [Cave of Death].

This cave is like a maze, and you have to take the proper route to get to the exit. We are now taking a route that was off the beaten path.

 

"Fenley. Try using your abilities."

 

We came here to rehabilitate Fenley and to see what she can do. Now we are going to put that into practice.

 

"Yes. Low Vision Low Hearing Low Smell Low Intelligence Blank Perception."

 

They weakened vision, hearing, and sense of smell, reducing intelligence and spatial awareness. This combination is likely quite useful.

 

"Kyahaha~! Rikuto-sama! Wow, it's a star! Waitー!"

 

She became childish Fenley-chan.

 

"You're so noisy. Reversal."

"I-, I'm so sorry. I got distracted."

 

She became the mature Fenley-san.

 

"All right, how is it?"

"Let's see. As Rikuto-sama predicted, I can grasp all the traps and whereabouts of monsters on this floor."

"I see. That's amazing, Fenley."

"I am honored by your praise. Well then, shall we go?"

 

Fenley in this current state is easy to work with because she acts in a controlled manner. She takes action even before I give her instructions.

 

But sometimes things get a little out of hand. It's like having a cat that you've kept inside your house go outside to play. Well, it's fine.

 

"Just be mindful where you step."

 

As I proceeded, she tugged at my clothes to stop me.

 

"Oh, you're right. I didn't even notice it."

 

I can't handle these kinds of traps. By the way, Luxia was in charge of handling them in my former party.

 

After that, we proceeded deeper into the cave, avoiding all kinds of traps.

Her scouting ability is perfect. She's smart and can come up with a good strategy. All that remains is the battle.

 

"W- ....... ho......"

 

Suddenly, an eerie voice was heard.

 

"Hih~! I-, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. It was my fault. Please don't eat me. It doesn't taste good~!"

 

Upon hearing that voice, Fenley cowered on the spot with her head clutched in her hands. She curled up while screaming.

 

"Calm down, Fenley, it's all right."

"I-I-I-I can't. I'm scared of ghosts. I'm going to cry."

"It's not a ghost. It's a zombie."

"It's the same! If I look closely, I can see a lot of strange things attached to it and hear a lot of wails. I don't want to see anything. I don't want to hear anything. Gyaaーーー Please help me, Rikuto-sama!"

"You mustn't undo your ability. Come on, activate it one more time."

 

I am merely "reversing" the effect of her ability. If Fenley were to deactivate it by herself, she will go back to her usual self.

 

"Rikuto-sama, are you trying to see me peeing myself!? Are you trying to see me blush while crying!? You are a pervert, aren't you!?"

"Ah? What are you saying, this is training."

"Waaー, Rikuto-sama is bullying me! You've come to dislike me, haven't you!? Ah, but does that mean you like me? But it doesn't make me happy right now!"

 

What was she talking about since a while ago?

Did I tell her about my abilities?

 

"Calm the fuck down."

"Wahp~."

 

I grabbed Fenley and held her face from both sides so that she could only see me.

 

"Have you calmed down?"

"No, my heart is pounding. If you stare at me like this, I'll fall in love with you even more."

"............. Listen, I won't let them touch you. I'm right here by your side, so don't be afraid."

"I understand. I'll try."

"All right, do your best."

 

I patted her head and released the restraints.

 

"Low Vision Low Hearing Low Smell Low Intelligence Blank Perception"

"Reversal"

 

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience."

"Don't worry about it. I'm used to it."

"I'll be right back."

 

Fenley ran straight toward the zombie.

 

──────────

Name: Gazer Zombie

Stamina: C

Physical Attack: S

Physical Defense: B

Magic Attack: A

Magic Resistance: S

Magic Power: A

Agility: A

──────────

 

Gazer Zombie is a single zombie that formed from a combination of 100 zombies. If I cast Reversal on it, it would be defeated immediately. But I won't do it.

 

"D- ............ d-d-d-die."

 

Gazer Zombies split into 10 zombies and attacked Fenley all at once. Each one of them is approaching Fenley with a will of its own.

 

"They are fast even for zombies. But they won't hit her."

 

Fenley dodged the attacks that came at her from all directions without hesitation. It's a feat made possible by her enhanced hearing and spatial awareness. With this, she can deal with it without difficulty.

 

There is also a method of lowering the normal status and then using Reversal to strengthen it, but it is not used. It is said that the debuff on status is only to lower two ranks. For example, a B rank is lowered to a D rank, and a D rank becomes a B rank even if it is reversed. Fenley's status is all B rank from the beginning, so there is no point in doing so.

 

Although she lacks firepower, this is not a problem. Because at this moment, I don't intend to let Fenley play a dangerous vanguard role. Right now, I am trying to see whether or not she can analyze calmly during battle, whether or not she can avoid enemy attacks, and whether or not she is not afraid when facing an enemy.

 

"Ki-ki-ki ............ kill."

"Ara~, you're the only one moving in a strange way. Are you the main body?"

 

Using the attacking zombies as stepping stones, she leaped through the air.

Her silver hair looks magical when illuminated by the light of the magic crystal. She looked so pretty that I couldn't help but admire her.

 

"Zombies' weakness is their heads, isn't it? And fire is also their weakness, right?"

 

She held up her bow and touched the tip of the arrow, concentrating her magic power on her fingertips.

 

"Even someone like me can use beginner-level magic too. Ignition !

 

Whoosh!

 

Flame Arrow is ready.

With a fluid motion, she sets her sights on the target and locks on to the enemy.

 

"Farewell."

 

Psshhhh!

 

"......-hank......-you."

 

As the Flame Arrow pierces the target's head, the other zombies disappear as well.

Dynamic vision. Situational analysis. This is how Fenley fights. This is the piece I've been looking for.

 

"Waa~, Rikuto-sama! Please catch me!"

 

Fenly came down from above. I caught her gently in a princess carry.

Again, she undid her ability on her own.

 

"I killed them all by myself! Please give me a reward!"

"Reward? Oh, you did great, good job, good job. And please don't hug me."

"D-o-n-t-w-a-n-n-a."

 

She put her index finger over her lips and winked at me.

 

"Don't get carried away. Or I'll drop you."

"No, no, I'm sorry!"

 

She has been somewhat more attractive since this morning.

I have to be careful.

 

"Well, anyway. You did a great job, Fenley."

 

I gently put Fenley down and held out my palm to her.

 

"Yes!

 

My hand clapped against her small white hand.

 

  

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>

 

 

Support Me