Sunday, June 11, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 9


Chapter 9

The Truth

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"How did this happen?"

 

When I woke up in the morning, I found Fenley under my futon.

A single bed. A room for one person.

But Fenley's sleeping face was right in front of me.

It was as if we had slept together.

 

"Ouch-ouch. My head hurts......"

 

For some reason, my head hurts and my memory of last night is a little fuzzy.

I'm sure I went to the inn last night and went straight to bed, right?

No, I feel like something happened ....... Come on, remember.

 

 

◇◆◇◆◇◆

 

 

Last night.

It wasn't someone talking in their sleep or gritting their teeth that disturbed my sleep. The windows were closed, so no bugs came in. And it was a soundproofed room, so I didn't hear anything from the neighboring room.

 

So why did I wake up?

It was because someone had come to wake me up.

I was too tired from the day's activities to wake up at the slightest noise. So the sound of the door opening didn't wake me up, and I allowed the intruder to enter my room.

 

"Um, what are you doing?"

 

The silver-haired girl tilted her head and then patted my head.

 

"Ehehe~."

"Hey, Fenley. Could you move aside, please?"

 

When I woke up, for some reason, Fenley was on top of me. I can't get up by myself because my physical strength is not that strong.

 

"I came to play with you~."

 

Fenley snuggled her face against my chest.

Her hair tickled me and her sweet smell wafted through the air.

What's more, various parts of her body were so soft and plump that it was dangerous.

 

"P-, please, can we have a talk?"

"What~? Aren't we going to play~?"

 

Not good. I can't communicate with her. I figured her head was a little screwed up, but she's regressed even further.

 

"Are you drunk?"

 

Did this girl get drunk just from the lingering scent on my robe? No, maybe she was drinking after I disappeared.

 

"I am not drunk~."

 

She certainly didn't smell like alcohol.

It seemed that she was not lying.

 

"Rikuto-sama~!"

"W-, what is it?"

"I like you~. Like you-like you, Love you~!"

"S-, stop it! Don't come any closer!"

 

Because we were both wearing only a thin piece of cloth, we could feel each other's skin even more than usual. A normal human being would not be able to keep his or her reason. The bed is making a creaking sound.

 

Wait, what do you mean by "like"? .......

 

"Muu~. I want to kiss you, Rikuto-sama~."

 

When I grabbed her by the shoulders and tried to pull her away, she sulked.

I could not understand why her emotions were so confusing.

No, wait. This tone of hers is-...... no way,

 

"Reverse"

 

When I cast my ability on Fenley, her body jerked and her expression changed.

 

"W-, w-. w-, why am I doing this? ......"

 

Fenrily moved away from me in a hurry and hid her body under the futon.

 

"I-, I'm so sorry."

"I knew it. You were using your abilities after all."

"Yes......"

 

Judging from her current elegant attitude, she was neither the usual Fenley nor the idiot Fenley, but the Fenley in a state of heightened intelligence. It's a bit confusing.

 

"What's the matter?"

"Well ....... Um, do you dislike me, Rikuto-sama?"

 

I intended to ask her why she did this though.

 

"There is no way I would dislike you."

"Then, why don't you make a move on me?"

 

I couldn't tell what you're trying to say here.

 

"Umm, what are you trying to say?"

"I thought that maybe the idiot me would be preferable because you're not attracted to the normal me, but it didn't work out. It seems that even the current me is not good enough. Am I that unattractive? ......"

 

After saying so, she looked down sadly.

Ah, so that's how it is ......

I can't put this behind me anymore.

For her sake and mine.

 

"Haa~......"

 

I'm not particularly an insensitive type of person. I'd be a fool not to feel anything after being treated so well. I've known from the moment I met her that she has feelings for me. But that affection was born from the fact that I saved her. It just happened to be me. So I shouldn't do anything to take advantage of that.

 

"Listen, Fenley. I told you when we first met that you are beautiful and lovely. This much is true."

"Then!"

 

She had tears in her eyes.

Her expression also returned to a soft one.

It was the usual Fenley.

 

"It may be true that you favor me, but it's not a romantic feeling. It's just respect and gratitude."

"No, it's not! Because, it's because! I'm in such pain, you know? Here, listen!"

 

She put her hands on her own chest and approached me.

Her clothes were off and her white skin was mostly bare.

 

"Fenley, don't show your body so easily to a man you just met today."

"Uu~ ...... I only have this kind of feeling for Rikuto-sama. I don't do this to other people. Rikuto-sama, you changed my world!"

 

I think she was saying about her curse being lifted.

But it was not me who broke the curse, but my ability.

 

"Thank you, I'm really happy you feel that way about me. But now is- ......."

"Sob!"

 

Oh no, I made her cry.

But it's to be expected. It must be pretty painful to be rejected after having exposed everything and humiliated yourself so much. But I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do about it. For now that is .......

 

"Fenley, I said "now", didn't I?

"Fue~?

"I'll tell you everything. I'll tell you why I'm trying to defeat the Demon King and what I'm hiding."

 

I put the futon on Fenley and sat down to face her.

 

"I met the Demon Lord a long time ago, and at that time he put a curse on me, too. The curse is that the more I love someone, the more I hate them."

"Eh? ......"

"I tried to cancel it with my ability, but it was useless. It probably won't disappear unless I defeat the Demon King. That's why I'm going to defeat the Demon King."

 

Fenley froze, her eyes dazed and looking into the distance. It's no wonder since she was suddenly told such a thing. After explaining the same thing three times, she finally opened her mouth.

 

"Eh, then, could it be ...... what I said and did just now was ......"

"That's right. I can't really be sure about it, but- ...... at least right now I can't have that kind of feeling. And I try really hard to make excuses within myself not to fall in love with you. That's why when you did this kind of thing to me ...... it kinda troubled me."

"Fueeeee~~!!! So then you're saying that the harder I try, the more it's no good!?"

"Yes."

"Does that mean we're in love with each other!!?"

"No, that's a little too far. O-, oi. I told you not to cling to me like this."

"Ah, that's right, I'm sorry. Should I not get so close to you ...... anymore?"

 

That kind of upward glance is not good either.

I really have to be careful.

 

"Well ...... I think I can handle it just fine, as far as it goes. I know how to deal with it, or how to be mindful of it. But you have to restrain yourself. And don't ever get yourself in a bad mood, okay? I would never know what I would do if I disliked you."

 

"I get it! But it is because you might like me, don't you? What do you like about me? What do you like? Please tell me."

 

Fenley's eyes sparkled as she came closer and closer to me.

I wonder if she understood the meaning of self-control. Also, this girl has a look on her face that says it's not bad to be hated.

 

"Do I have to say it? I've got a lot of feelings too, so I can at least tell you what's good about Fenley."

"Please tell me."

"But remember, I'm just trying to be objective. It's not how I feel."

"I understand."

 

Haa ...... I wonder if it's really alright.

Well, I have a last resort, so I guess I can do it.

 

"First of all, I think your smile is the best."

"Wawawa!!!"

"I think ...... you're the cutest person I've ever met."

"C-, cutest!!!"

"You're surprisingly hardworking and honest."

"Kyaa!!!"

"Then I think ...... I really need to protect you."

"Yan~!!!"

"And those big, round eyes as well."

"Eyes!!!"

 

"And your reactions, and your voice. And if you're able to change your hair, your personality, and your atmosphere. I will not be able to handle it. And then your body- ......"

"Doesn't that mean, you like everything about me!? Rikuto-sama, aren't you liking me too much!? Aren't you in love with me already!"

 

"No, it's not! It's the same as the feelings I have for my pets!"

"Please keep me already. I'll do anything you want, and you can even touch me!"

"D-, don't come any closer! And don't touch anything funny!"

"Your face is all red. Ufufu~, you're so cute."

 

She rubbed her eyes, wiped away her tears, and laughed teasingly at me.

Then he took a deep breath and turned serious.

 

"It's all right. No matter how much you hate me, I will make you love me again."

"...... I see. Then at that time, maybe I'll have to reverse my feelings ...... -wait, I've never said I loved you."

"Ehehe~, you're a tsundere, aren't you~?"

 

Good grief. What a troublesome girl.

Frankly, I'm happy hearing Fenley's love confession, but I probably won't be able to do anything about it. Once I don't like someone, there's no coming back from that point. It would be too sad to forget those feelings, even if I had gone to the trouble of liking them, wouldn't it? That's why I'm being very careful.

 

"I love you."

 

And yet, I was caught off guard.

She brought her face to my ear and whispered in a sweet voice.

Then she put her hand on my face and slowly moved closer to me.

 

"──Chu."

"Nnn!"

 

I couldn't breathe for about ten seconds.

There was an unfamiliar sensation in my mouth.

I was also struck by a sensation as if my brain was melting.

I was tinged and filled with pleasure.

 

" Puha~. Ha~a......, ha~a....... Ehehe, it got me so excited. But with this, you'll never forget it. I won't let you forget this feeling."

 

Fenley smiled as I wiped my mouth with my finger.

 

No, didn't I tell you not to get into any strange situations?

I didn't expect her to go this far .......

I'm starting to hate her face.

I want to punch her. I want to kick her ...... I want to kill──

No, no. The curse has been activated.

 

Calm down, it's not too late.

If I do that, I could still make it. While I'm still conscious,

 

*Bang!*

 

"Rikuto-sama!?"

 

I banged my head against the wall and blacked out──

 

 

◇◆◇◆◇◆

 

 

"How did this happen?"

 

I woke up in the morning to find Fenley under my futon.

My head hurt. Something must have happened, but I can't remember what.

 

"Well, whatever."

 

By the way, what a cute little creature.

Why is she on my futon dressed like this?

Well, this is just like that kind of thing.

 

It's like a dog or a cat crawling under the futon.

Oh, it's so cute. Well, I like animals after all.

This is not a romantic feeling.

 

...... Let's assume so.

 



<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>



Support Me