Sunday, June 11, 2023

[WN] Reversal Hero : Chapter 8


Chapter 8

Extermination and Reward

 


Translator : PolterGlast



"Rikuto-sama, please cast your ability on me! And ...... you there, I'll take that!"

 

Fenley told me to use my ability on her and then she snatched the bow that a man nearby was holding. That's when I figured out what this girl was going to do now.

 

"Ok. I got it, Fenley."

"As expected of Rikuto-sama. You know what I'm thinking, don't you?"

There is no more time. Let's hurry."

"Ah, that's right. Low Intelligence. Low Vision"

 

Fenley applied debuffs to herself.

Low Intelligence is an ability that decreases one's intelligence.

Low Vision is an ability to reduce one's vision.

 

"Awawawa. I'm dizzy~! Ah! There are a lot of Rikuto-sama~!"

 

Simply put, it is an ability to turn someone into an idiot and make their eyesight worse.

I am not kidding. With this, she can wreck Kobolds easily even from here.

 

"Reverse."

 

By applying my ability to Fenley, her intelligence and vision were greatly enhanced.

 

"Excuse me, Rikuto-sama. Here I go."

"Yeah, I am counting on you."

 

Fenley's expression changed to a gallant one.

She carefully readied her bow with a calm expression.

It is so beautiful that I cannot help but admire it.

 

"Fenley?"

 

She was confidently holding up the bow, but she didn't seem to be able to shoot.

Her hand was shaking and she couldn't aim.

 

"I'm sorry. I can see the route, but- ......"

 

The strength and distance of the monsters did not seem to matter. The awareness that she might be fighting a monster would turn into a fear that she might be attacked.

 

"Don't worry, let's do it together."

"Thank you."

 

I close up against Fenley's back and gently put my hand on it.

Then the trembling stopped and she began to focus intently upon the target.

 

"Just a little higher."

"Right here?"

"Perfect."

"Okay, I'll shoot."

"Go."

 

*Swisshh!*

 

We fired the arrow simultaneously, and it went into a completely different trajectory than where the Kobold was.

The men who saw it put their hands over their faces as if it was over.

The Kobold raised its dagger, and the girl turned away, ready to die.

 

It was a moment of despair for everyone present.

We were the only ones looking straight at the target.

 

"We made it just in time."

 

The arrow that had been shot into the sky changed its trajectory.

A gust of wind blew.

 

The arrow tip pointed toward the Kobold and flew in a straight line carried by the wind, and it pierced through the target's head.

 

Mission accomplished.

 

"We did it! we did it, Rikuto-sama! We did it!"

 

Fenri, who had completely returned to her usual self, jumped up and down with great joy.

Hearing her voice, the men knew that the girl had been saved and that Kobold was dead.

 

"Uooooooo! Amazing !!!!"

"You did it, jou-chan! No, Goddess-sama! I'm so sorry for calling you a rag-clad slut earlier!"

"Please just step on me!"

 

The men praised Fenley.

I know that they did say she was a rag-clad slut earlier, but why there are some weirdos mixed in there now? Well, I guess it's fine.

Certainly, Fenley had saved one life and shown them how it's done.

She did what I couldn't do. She really is an amazing girl.

 

"Rikuto-sama!"

"You did well, Fenley. Thank you."

"No, it is thanks to Rikuto-sama's power. I was able to use this technique, and I did not have to be afraid of the monsters, all because of Rikuto-sama!"

 

After saying so, Fenley came leaning in to rub up against me. She looks really happy.

 

Even though this girl says so, all I did was lend a hand. No one else could have done it, calculating all the wind, air resistance, and other factors to hit the target from a hundred meters away. Only Fenley could do that.

 

"Fenley. You're amazing, so you should give yourself more credit, too. Don't you trust my words?"

 

Fenley is a strong girl who just doesn't have confidence in herself. It is not only in battle. The only person who didn't give up until the end was Fenley, and when we met in the cave, she was waiting for help all alone. If she were given enough opportunities, she could become even stronger.

 

"Y-, yes ...... But ...... Rikuto-sama, can't you please praise me more?"

 

Her face turned red as she muttered softly.

I put my hand on her silver-haired head and patted it gently.

 

"From here on out, please continue to support me."

"Yes!"

 

Her best smile ever. She really looks good with a smile on her face. I'll do my best to protect that smile.

 

 

◇◆◇◆◇◆

 

 

When we returned to the village, we were treated to a festive party.

 

"Thank you, Onee-chan!"

"You're welcome. I'm glad you weren't hurt."

 

Fenley was thanked by the girl she had saved.

 

"Hero-sama, Goddess-sama. Your meal is ready!"

 

The man who had first called us an unwanted nuisance and then dismissed us without a second thought - his name is Gale. Gale brought us our food. He's a surprisingly nice guy. He must have just gotten worked up due to his impatience.

 

"Thanks."

 

He asked me not to speak in a polite way, so I did so without hesitation.

 

"Rikuto-sama. Ah~n!"

"No, no, I can eat by myself."

"Muu. Are you not interested in eating my food?"

 

What is this girl saying? Well, she's fussy, so I'll just go along with her.

*Munch*. Yeah, it's pretty good. Come to think of it, I haven't eaten anything since last night. It tastes even better.

 

"You two are so in love!"

"As expected of Hero-sama. Yo! What a charmer!"

 

Shut up, you are noisy.

 

"No way, I'm so embarrassed to be called a married couple. Right? Darling?"

"No, no. No one said we're husband and wife, and we're not."

 

If this goes on, Fenley will get it wrong, so please don't put it that way.

Well, I don't feel bad about it ...... But I have to be careful.

 

"Hero-sama, is there anything you want? I will prepare anything for you."

"Hmm? Ah, Village Chief. Don't worry about it."

"No, no, please don't hold back."

 

A reward, huh? I don't want anything in particular, but I feel bad if I don't ask for something.

 

"Well, then, please give me a weapon or something. This stick is about to break after all."

 

It's time to say goodbye to my beloved weapon.

You've done me a great service.

 

"A-, are you sure that's what you want? I understand. I will prepare the best for you. Hey! Is old man Gum here?"

 

The village head shouted, and a small old man came. He looked like a dwarf. Come to think of it, this village is not only full of humans but also dwarves and other races with protruding ears.

 

"Did you call for me?"

"Please make weapons for our heroes."

"That would be a good idea! Though I wish I could say so. You see, we don't have the materials suitable for the heroes."

"All right, everyone! Go and fetch the finest ore at once!"

 

 

Wait, wait. There's no need to take it so seriously. A rusty sword will do just fine ...... Ah,

 

"Can you use this?"

 

I took out the magic crystal I had picked up in the cave.

 

"Isn't that the indigo treasure from the Cave of the Dead? Don't tell me that you got it by just using a single stick ......"

"Well, it is, actually."

"I heard there was a high-ranking officer there, though."

"I killed him."

"........................"

 

Silence fell. Apparently, people tend to be unable to say anything when they are really surprised. It's a good thing since I don't want to make too much of a fuss. I want to go to bed early after all.

 

"Well, then, I'm going to sleep, so may I borrow your lodging? I'm not in a big hurry to get my weapon, so please take your time."

 

I said so and headed for the inn.

As I entered the inn, time finally moved on and I heard loud voices.

 

I saved the village, got one more companion, and secured a place to sleep. In addition, I will have a new weapon. Life in expulsion is going well.

 


<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


 

Support Me