Monday, November 20, 2023

Can a Mob Highschooler be a Normie: Chapter 37

 

Mob Kousei No Ore Demo Boukensha Ni Nareba Riajuu Ni Naremasuka: Chapter #37

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

 

 

 

Episode 37: I'm sorry, but the adventure has ended

 

 

 

Master, there are two Bicorns1 headed your way!

 

This is Yuki! The number of Orcs has exceeded twenty! The orc reinforcements won't stop!

 

This is Renge! Found the pig bastard! I'm going to take him down!

 

Roger that! We'll take care of the Bicorns! Yuki will take care of the orcs with Eliza! Renge, as soon as the Boar Orc is dealt with, go support Yuki's side!

 

 It was the next morning.

 

 We resumed our expedition early in the morning and found ourselves in the midst of battle after battle.

 

 In the dungeon, various conditions sometimes cause several times as many monsters to spring up than usual.

 

 It was said that the rate of monster emergence in the dungeon was basically constant, but when too many adventurers entered a level at once or too many cards were Lost, the dungeon was supplied with ‘nourishment’, which accelerated the rate of monster emergence.

 

 The overabundance of monsters would then cannibalize each other and return naturally to their usual numbers without any human intervention, but if you enter the dungeon before that time, you will encounter an unexpected horde of enemies.

 

 Adventurers call the floor where such monsters are overgenerated as Monster House. Sometimes they hated it, and sometimes used it for their own benefit.

 

 This time, I had entered this floor knowing that this Monster House had been created.

 

 I had heard from Aoki-san, the adventurer I had met last night, that his mainstay monster cards had been severely damaged by the traps and that he ended up scrapping a large number of his low-prized cards and withdrawing from the area.

 

 Normally, Monster Houses were nothing but a hassle, but they were not all that bad.

 

 There were at least two advantages.

 

"Master, we've got visitors."

 

"Okay. I'll use synchro."

 

 Suzuka, who had remained here to protect me, announced the arrival of the enemies.

 

 I quietly began to align my very being with hers.

 

 The rate at which I can draw out her potential ability through synchronization was not so high.

 

 Synchronization and other Linking techniques were greatly influenced by card proficiency and bonding.

 

 I have heard that if you are an expert, you can achieve full synchronization (99% synchronization rate) even with a card you just bought, but with the current me, even with Suzuka, whom I had named, the limit was about 60%.

 

 As soon as the Synchronization was completed, two Bicorns appeared from the depths of the forest, tearing down young trees.

 

 With jet-black fur that seemed to blend in with the darkness of the night, they stood over two meters tall and looked as if they had stepped out of a manga. A pair of horns like those of a goat sprouted from their heads.

 

 I/ Suzuka moderately relaxed and composed myself against an enemy twice as big and more numerous than myself.

 

 Even though Eliza and Suzuka both had [Martial arts] skills, Suzuka specialized in martial arts such as jujutsu and aikido, whereas Eliza's skills were in strike-type combat.

 

 If there was a significant difference in stats, there would be no need to be afraid of a big-bodied enemy who would just forcefully attack without any technique.

 

 If I should be afraid, it is of.......

 

......!

 

 The moment the Bicorn's ominous horn glowed faintly, I/ Suzuka backed away from that spot.

 

 A spear of lightning struck the place where I was standing until just before that moment.

 

 While unicorns are good at healing and assistance, bicorns are good at destruction and curses.

 

 Even Suzuka's martial arts could not prevent offensive magic.

 

 The only way was to see it through and avoid it.

 

 As if aiming to take advantage of the gap left by our dodging of the lightning attack, the other Bicorn rushed toward us at an unpleasantly timed moment.

 

 Unable to dodge this, I/Suzuka met it head-on.

 

 The Bicorn turned its head to the side and tried to stomp on me with its thick paws.

 

 When the giant horse, more than two meters tall, swerved away, it was as if a wall had suddenly formed in front of me.

 

 Suppressing the slight fear that had arisen, I/ Suzuka grabbed the Bicorn's ankle and delivered a palm strike to its joint.

 

 With the demon race's monstrous strength and the principle of leverage, the Bicorn's right leg, which was thick and sturdy, snapped off like a withered branch.

 

 Without delay, a follow-up strike was executed with a sword to the neck of the Bicorn, which fell down with a neigh like a horse's neigh. Just as I was about to slice through its carotid artery--

 

 At that moment, something flashed at the edge of my vision.

 

Oh shi......! 

 

 Before I can even finish my thought, countless shiny white spider threads entangle my/Suzuka's entire body.

 

 An intermediate level abnormality magic, [Magic web].

 

 The horns of the Bicorn that had fallen down emitted a detestable light upon me/ Suzuka, who had become stuck and couldn't move.

 

Oh no! It's coming!

 

 Crossing both arms, I braced myself quickly.

 

 By channeling energy from the master's side, Suzuka's combat power was further raised.

 

 It was better than nothing, at least.

 

 The Bicorn, seeing me/ Suzuka like that, certainly scoffed.

 

 The Bicorn's head whirled.

 

 The one ahead of the Bicorn was a defenseless me/Master.

 

 No......!

 

 Just before the lightning from the Bicorn tinted my vision with white light----

 

"Dzzaaaatttt!"

 

 A black shadow suddenly fell in front of me.

 

 The shadow successfully blocked most of the lightning, and then it leapt at the fallen Bicorn as if nothing had happened.

 

"......Dragonet!"

 

"Ggrrrrr!"

 

 It was a small dragon, about three meters tall. Dragonet was the most standard dragon that Japanese people could imagine--- with a body that looked like a larger version of a giant lizard, bat-like wings covered with scales, along with sharp claws and fangs.

 

 The new companion, which had just defended me from a thunderbolt and ripped off a Bicorn's neck, spread its wings wide as if to boast off its achievement.

 

 I can't lose......!

 

 My and Suzuka's thoughts became one, and our synchronization became even stronger and deeper.

 

 60%, 65%, 68%, 70%....... Temporary heightened emotions increase the synchronization rate beyond its original capability.

 

 Tearing off the magic web with force, I/ Suzuka jumped to the other Bicorn in a single leap.

 

 The Bicorn, as if to answer it, flashed its horns.

 

 What was unleashed was a raging ice storm--- An intermediate attack magic, [Blizzard].

 

 I/Suzuka broke through the unavoidable ice storm and approached the Bicorn, my whole body being torn apart.

 

 The Bicorn was also coming toward me, as if rushing into the blizzard that it had unleashed itself.

 

 It was truly a desperate move. It probably thought, 'I have no choice but to take some damage and aim a collision!'

 

 A shadow slammed onto the Bicorn's huge body from the side.

 

Good job! Dragonet!

 

 While praising inwardly at the new recruit who had been so active and doing great since earlier, I used the force in my whole body to land a blow at the Bicorn's chest.

 

 I/ Suzuka plunged into the bicorn's chest up to the upper arm and gouged 'it' out.

 

 I squeezed 'it' so that the other party could see it as it pulsated and throbbed.

 

 The Bicorn neighs a regretful neigh and disappeared.

 

This is Renge, we have finished dealing with the Boar Orc and the Orcs!

 

This is Mea! No sign of reinforcements! The battle is over!

 

 At the same time, reports came in from the other cards.

 

"Whoo---"

 

 Hearing this, I released my synchronization with Suzuka, and I let out a huge breath and fell flat on the ground.

 

Ah~, I'm really tired.

 

 I think we had been fighting for at least an hour since I entered this floor.

 

 I don't even remember how many we dealt with.

 

 My head was burning from the continuous use of the Link.

 

 I absentmindedly cooled my head in the night breeze.

 

“Thank you for your hard work, Master!”

 

 The one who called out to me in a low husky voice was Dragonet, who had just joined the group yesterday.

 

 The way it sat with its posture straight and stared at me with intense gaze reminded me of a well-trained military dog.

 

"Oh, Dragonet. You've done a great job, too. Thank you for saving me."

 

"Yes! I am honored by your praise."

 

 Dragonet spread its wings wide, as if in salute.

 

 In fact, this newcomer was doing very well.

 

 This dragonet has only just joined, so the Link cannot be used yet.

 

 No, rather than not being able to use it, I should say that I don't want to use it.

 

 Link is a technique to connect the mind and senses. Therefore, linking with a card with a high favorability level gives the card a pleasant feeling similar to euphoria or a sense of unity, while linking to a card with a low favorability level gives the card a significant sense of discomfort or dislike.

 

 Thus, if your favorability was above a certain level, you could deepen your bond with the card, but if the favorability was below that level, the card would become less and less favorable of you and would eventually acquire a rebellious skill such as [Closed mind].

 

 I heard that gladiators, who basically use disposable cards, Link new cards as fast as they can and sell them off immediately after one battle, but I can't do that and it's not my thing.

 

 Considering the situation that this Dragonet had [Zero existence] skill, it meant that this one required more bonding than other cards.

 

 For that reason, I was planning to slowly deepen our relationship without using Link for the time being.

 

 Even though Dragonet was the only one left out of the group, it put up a solid effort even though its combat power was low.

 

 The same was true earlier. It prevented a direct attack on me and helped Suzuka conclude the fight.

 

 I basically asked Dragonet to fly around me and support the other cards when it thought it would be a good idea.

 

 In other words, it basically operates on its own judgment, but its work had exceeded my expectations.

 

 A card's personality and fighting sense were elements that could not be seen at first glance from the card's status.

 

 In that sense, this Dragonet was a bargain beyond its combat power.

 

 Even that low combat power was gradually increasing.

 

 Already on the first day of joining, its combat power had risen by 20.

 

 This was one of the advantages of the Monster House.

 

 Monster Houses generate a special force field due to the large number of monsters concentrated in one place. This had the effect of increasing the combat power of the monsters in the dungeon, while also increasing the experience gained from each and every one of them, and even slightly increasing the experience value of the monster cards just by being in the Monster House.

 

 In other words, the Monster House was a kind of training ground.

 

 There was one more advantage to the Monster House.

 

I found a disappointment box, Master! It looks like it was generated in the battle just now!

 

 It was precisely that the disappointment box would appear every time a certain number of monsters had been defeated.

 

 Normally, the disappointment box appeared only on rare occasions when the dungeon was cleared or in small underground labyrinth-type floors, but in the Monster House, the disappointment box would appear after a certain number of kills.

 

 Since the contents were random, it was not worth it to trigger a Monster House by oneself, but the definite appearance of a treasure chest was quite pleasing.

 

 Suzuka and I straddled the back of Dragonet and were about to take off into the sky--

 

"Uh!? This is..."

 

 That was when I noticed an unexpected problem.

 

 First, the Dragonet was unexpectedly uncomfortable to straddle.

 

 The prickly scales stung my groin and thighs, causing a subtle pain. I would have to put up with it today and get a simple saddle later.

 

 Well, it was of no big deal. The other problem was the feeling from behind.

 

 Yes, that thing hit me. I could feel a sensation that I had never felt before, and I could feel it through my back. In addition, it smelled good.......

 

 When I glanced back, I saw Suzuka squinting mischievously at me.

 

"Hmm? What's wrong? Master?"

 

"N-nothing. Dragonet, fly to the Disappointment Box!"

 

"Yes, sir!"

 

"Hehehe..."

 

 She was clearly aware of my inner thoughts and seemed amused, so I hurriedly turned forward and gave instructions to Dragonet to cover it up.

 

 Following my instructions, the Dragonet took a little run-up and flew up.

 

 At that moment, I forgot everything about the pain in my thighs and the feeling in my back.

 

"Whoa, awesome...! I'm seriously flying in the sky...!"

 

 In no time at all, the ground became distant and a strong wind blew against my face.

 

 I thought I knew the feeling of flying through the Link with Renge. When I actually fly in the sky in the flesh, however, I felt a completely different sensation ...... or emotion than I did with the Link.

 

 The sensation of cutting the wind with my whole body, and the feeling of my guts shrinking at the distant ground. Even though it was a dungeon that I had trudged through many, many times, the forest at night looked completely different when I looked from above. When I look up at the sky, it was much wider than usual, and I can see the stars in the night sky that were closer than ever. It gave me the illusion that I was swimming in a sea of stars.

 

 I think I'm going to get addicted to this....... 

 

 However, such fun times pass quickly.

 

 In no time at all, we arrived at the disappointment box.

 

 The other cards were already there.

 

 Eliza was the first to come to us as we landed on the ground.

 

"Master, thank you for your hard work. Here..."

 

 What she presented to me were a number of dropped items from the battle.

 

 Two Boar Orc cards, a Bicorn, and a Gremlin. In addition, a lot of magic stones. It was a lot.

 

 But .......

 

“So there were gremlins too, I’m glad I didn’t come across them.”

 

 Looking at the illustration of the creepy little monster on the card, I was relieved.

 

 Gremlins, E-rank card monsters, were the most hated card among adventurers by far.

 

 This was exacerbated by the fact that they appeared everywhere, regardless of the type or depth of the dungeon.

 

 Even though normal monsters only appear on floors based on their strength... So they were like cockroaches for real.

 

 Incidentally, Carbuncle also appeared in all floors regardless of strength, but this one was very welcome.

 

 I thanked my lucky stars that I didn't run into any cockroaches, and turned my attention to the Disappointment Box.

 

 Now, it's time for fun.

 

"Eliza, please."

 

"Yes, Master."

 

 Eliza nodded with the same old phrase she had used since she was a ghoul, and began to disarm the trap with much smoother movements than in the past.

 

 Then, after only a minute or so, a click sound could be heard.

 

 Of course, there was no way she could fail in her present state.

 

 Now, what was in the box? Without much expectation, I peeked into the Disappointment Box.

 

""Eh…… ! ?""

 

 We shouted in surprise.

 

 Inside the box was a skill orb shining yellow.

 

 Yellow was a sign of technical skill. It was a much more pleasing bite than some half-assed expensive magic item.

 

"Master! It's a hit, Master!"

 

"Oh, oh!"

 

 Bewildered by this unexpected stroke of luck, I regained my composure and began pondering about who I should use it on.

 

 Technical skill was basically beneficial no matter who it was given to. The trump card, Renge, or the ace, Eliza. Or should I use it to boost one of the D-ranks?

 

 After much deliberation, I decided to use it on Eliza.

 

 She had the [Multiple Skills], which would raise the level of technical skills. It would not be a loss.

 

"Okay, Eliza, use it."

 

"Is Master sure?"

 

 Eliza asked me with reserve.

 

 I once gave her the [Precision movement] skill. I guess she thought she would not be chosen for equality.

 

"Ah, sorry everyone, but I believe I have to be more rational than equal in this matter."

 

 As I said that, I looked around at everyone, but they didn't seem particularly dissatisfied.

 

 Probably it was because they knew she was the one putting her body on the line the most at this party.

 

 The only one who showed a hint of jealousy was Suzuka,.......

 

 Eliza finally smiled happily after confirming this.

 

“Thank you.…I will definitely repay your kindness.”

 

"Oh, oh ......."

 

 Eliza said that as she knelt down and kissed the back of my hand.

 

 ......Since becoming a vampire, she had come to like to perform ritualistic acts like this.

 

 I don't know if she originally had this predisposition or if it was due to the influence of the vampire I used to raise her rank.......

 

 It was hard for me to tell her to stop because I knew that she truly loved me, but every time she said something like that, I felt itchy.

 

 I'm really happy to be adored by a super-beauty like her. I'm happy...... but sometimes it scares me.

 

 Eliza's love is .......

 

“Then please let me use it.”

 

"Ah. let's ee, let's see ......what skill is it? Oh!"

 

 I took out Eliza's card and checked what skill had been added. Seeing the newly engraved skill there, I couldn't help but let out a cry of joy.

 

 That was because the skill she got was quite a jackpot.

 

 [Intuition: Having a sense that is different from the five senses.]

 

 The description of the skill is rather flimsy. But the usefulness of this skill was guaranteed by many adventurers.

 

 This was because [Intuition] was said to be a higher level skill than the various detection skills such as presence detection, malice detection, trap detection, and sensitivity.

 

 Although not as good at presence perception like [Presence detection], it can still detect the presence of enemies, and although not as good at malice perception like the [Malice detection], it can sense the next attack or surprise attack, and it can also detect traps and ghosts/spirits. And if the card already have those skills, it will strengthen them even more.

 

 Such was the versatility of this [Intuition] skill.

 

Good, good! Maybe this time is a lucky turn for me!

 

 I ran into another adventurer along the way, made some new friends, found a Monster House ready to be dug in, and got a skill orb out of the disappointment box.

 

 I feel like my fortune was moving in a positive direction.

 

 Since meeting Renge, I have had lucky days like this once a month or so.

 

Maybe today might be the day.......

 

 My heart was pounding with anticipation.

 

 

 

 

 

 A few hours later.

 

 We were one step away from reaching the lowest floor.

 

 Unless it was a mass battle like in the Monster House, we would have no trouble with D-rank enemies.

 

 The only thing we had to watch out for was the traps, which were a grade more vicious than those in the E-rank dungeon. But Eliza, who had become more adept at disarming traps, took care of that for us.

 

 For the time being, we don't encounter any traps that can't be disarmed by her [Intuition] and [Trap Disarming] skills.

 

 Then.......

 

"We've finally arrived~~~!"

 

 When we finally arrived at the stairs to the bottom floor, I put my hands on my knees and let out a big breath.

 

 I had been through this dungeon many times, but I was always exhausted when I reached the bottom floor.

 

 The biggest bottleneck in conquering a dungeon was that no matter how familiar you were with the dungeon, the length of the path would not decrease.

 

"Master, here you go."

 

 I was dripping sweat from my chin when a towel and a sports drink were offered to me.

 

 As expected of Eliza, she was such a considerate woman.

 

"Thank you."

 

 I quickly wiped off the sweat and gulped down the sports drink.

 

 The slight saltiness and sweetness of the drink soaked into my tired body.

 

"Hey, if you want to take a breather, do it after you go down the stairs. We're not in the safe zone yet."

 

 Seeing me like that, Renge grumbled to me.

 

 It must have seemed like I was relaxed in front of the safe zone.

 

 In fact, although I didn't realize it, I must say that I was a little careless.

 

 If it had been the usual me, I wouldn't have opened the bottle until I got down the stairs and entered the safe zone even after receiving the bottle.

 

 The most critical part of a race was just before the finish line, not during the race.

 

"Yeah, that's right. Sorry......"

 

"Ah! Master!"

 

"It's the enemy!"

 

"Huh!?"

 

 Just as I was beginning to apologize lightly to Renge, suddenly Eliza and Yuki let out sharp voices.

 

 I quickly looked around. Before I knew it, a monster appeared just a few meters away.

 

 It has a creepy appearance that looks like a cat that has been stripped of its fur and grown bat wings, making it look hideous. The moment I realized what it was, I felt every hair on my body stood on end.

 

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! Since when?! Already so close! How?! Blocking its presence?! Or - did it 'occur' at this very moment?!

 

 While my thoughts were spinning at high speed, my mouth was unconsciously issuing the most appropriate commands,

 

"——Kill that thing!!!"

 

 It was almost at the same time when the cards heard my command and unleashed their attacks in unison and that monster ......a Gremlin, grinned and and its body started glowing.

 

 *Pari* At the same time as a strange sound reached my ears, I felt invisible waves passing through my entire body. The hairs on my body bristled. There was no pain, there was no pain, but...

 

"Kyaaaaaaaa!? Noooooo--!?

 

 Involuntarily, I let out a scream like a woman.

 

"No way, no way. ...... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!"

 

 Renge, who heard my scream, also screamed.

 

 I took out my phone from my pocket in a hurry, while the Gremlin was being ripped to pieces by the cards.

 

 I pressed the power button, but the phone didn't make a peep.

 

 The mounted camera attached to my helmet and the game console that Renge used to pass the time..... were both completely dead.

 

"AAAAGHHHH ...... my game data... I was so close to clearing the game......"

 

 Renge was on all fours on the ground and drooping. It was the first time I had seen her so depressed.

 

 It was no surprise. The fruits of the past few months of hard work were blown away in an instant.

 

 It must be painful to have all the game data you've been working so hard on during the break from attacking the dungeon being erased.

 

 Every gamer knows the pain of "Oops, sorry, but the adventure book has been erased."

 

 But it's hard for me, too.......

 

 After all, the data of the dungeons I have purchased since I became an adventurer, which cost more than several hundred thousand yen, had been wiped off the map.

 

"Khiiiiiii! No way! It's a lieee!"

 

 I scratched my head and writhed in agony.

 

 This was the main reason why the gremlin monster was abhorred by professionals and amateurs alike.

 

 Gremlins had the unique skill of destroying mechanical products.

 

 You may think it was an exaggerated reaction when the phone or camera was destroyed, but for adventurers, it was seriously damaging to have their phones destroyed.

 

 First of all, almost all adventurers rely on their smartphone apps for mapping, so depending on the location of the destroyed device, there is a serious possibility of getting lost.

 

 Adventurers' licenses would also be in the range of gremlins' skills because of the built-in machinery, and a rescue call would not be able to be sent out.

 

 If this happens, unless you have copied the map on paper in advance or have a teleportation magic item, you will have no choice but to rush toward the entrance or exit before you run out of food.

 

 ...... Well, regarding this, Eliza-san remembered all the paths, so if we can retreat to a safe area, we can manage the rest with Hamelin's flute.

 

 The problem lies in the financial damage.

 

 The information of the dungeons, items, skills, etc., which the guild sells for a fee, as well as the map app ......, were very expensive, but they were available as one-time purchases. They cannot be re-downloaded, nor can the data be transferred when changing phones.

 

 Therefore, when the smartphone is destroyed, all of the dungeon map data and other data that had been carefully purchased and saved up until that point will be lost.

 

 The total amount depends on the rank of the adventurer, but in my case ...... it was several hundred thousand yen. The smartphone itself was also expensive, costing 300,000 yen each, so the total cost easily exceeded one million yen.

 

 The reason why the smartphone was so expensive was because the barrier provided by the cards does not protect the clothes you wear, so the phones were made to be sturdy enough not to break even if attacked by a monster.

 

 The smartphone I had was also a treasure, with a screen that would not crack even if dropped from the top of Sky Tree2, water-resistant enough to withstand being soaked overnight, and heat-resistant enough not to break even if directly roasted on a gas stove. The only drawbacks were its weight and its high price.

 

 Even military smartphones, which had a reputation for being unbreakable even when stepped on by an elephant, were no match for the gremlins.

 

 As a result, I ended up incurring over a million dollars in damage in one shot.

 

 I sighed.

 

Who said that today might be my lucky day? It's just bad luck....

 

 The only saving grace was that I don't have to use my phone anymore when I've come this far.

 

Let's just beat the Boss already and go buy a phone on the way home.

 

 I sighed heavily once again and was about to move on when I noticed something strange about Suzuka.

 

 For some reason, she was staring at the spot where the Gremlin had disappeared.

 

"What's wrong, Suzuka? Is there something?"

 

 I looked down at that spot while calling out to her, but there was nothing unusual there except for the magic stone that the gremlin had dropped.

 

"Nn~? I felt something strange, yet also not strange......"

 

"Which is it ......? What kind of strange feeling?"

 

"Hmm, I'm not sure what kind of feeling it is......"

 

 It seemed that Suzuka was not sure of her statement either.

 

 Just to be sure, I looked at the others, but they all tilted their heads.

 

......It was probably just Suzuka's imagination.

 

 When I came to that conclusion and was about to suggest moving on,

 

"...Hey, Master. Let's go home now. I'm kind of tire~d."

 

"Eh……?"

 

You want to go home? Here?

 

 I was puzzled by Suzuka's sudden suggestion.

 

".....Renge, do you feel some kind of bad feeling?"

 

"Me? No,...... not particularly. I didn't even see the moment the Gremlin was beaten......"

 

 Renge answered while scratching her cheek somewhat awkwardly.

 

"Hmm.... no, I don't think we should go home after all."

 

 After thinking about it for a few seconds, I rejected Suzuka's proposal.

 

 It was true that I suffered some unexpected damage from a gremlin, but the bottom floor was right in front of me and I didn't need a smartphone now. I could recover my stamina by resting, so there was no need to go back after coming this far.

 

 Even if we did return now, if the Boss was defeated while we were resting through the night, all the work we had put in up to this point would be for naught. The information about this dungeon that had been stored in Hamelin's Flute would disappear, and we would have to start the attack from the first floor again.

 

 That would be ahuge loss.

 

 The fact that I had met another adventurer in this dungeon, which was usually reserved for only a few people, was also a subtle trigger for my impatience.

 

 The only thing to be concerned about was the possibility of Irregular Encounters awaiting us on the lowest floor...... but this was also something I had prepared for when I decided to conquer the D-rank dungeon.

 

"If you're not particularly sure, then let's move on. Ok?"

 

"...... ye~s."

 

 Suzuka seemed a little dissatisfied, but nodded obediently anyway.

 

 While looking at her like that, I suddenly thought, 'If it was Renge who said that, what would I have done?'

 

 Perhaps I would have simply decided to return home at once.

 

 Flickering in my mind was the strange feeling I had yesterday [like I'm not me anymore].

 

...... No, it has nothing to do with that. It's true that I have faith in Renge's intuition and insight, but returning home after coming this far is not a decision I would normally make.

 

It's not like... it's not because I have some mysterious mistrust towards Suzuka.

 

 While telling myself that, I proceeded to the bottom floor.

 

 

 

 

 

[Tips] Monster House

 

 The spawn rate and maximum number of monsters on each floor within the dungeons are basically constant. However, if too many adventurers enter a dungeon at once, or if too many cards are Lost, the dungeon will be 'nourished', accelerating the rate of monster spawning and causing it to overflow with more monsters than the maximum number.

 

 This is what adventurers call 'Monster House-ization'.

 

 On floors that have been turned into Monster Houses, you can gain a small amount of experience points just by staying there, and the experience points you get when you defeat monsters will also increase.

 

 In addition, a disappointment box is generated for each certain number of monsters defeated.

 

***

 


Notes:

Bicorn is a beast that was described in myths as part panther, part cow, and with a human-like face.

Tokyo Sky Tree (broadcasting and telecommunications tower in Tokyo). Stood at a height of 2,080 feet (634 metres).

 



Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Help us out and get Advanced Chapters on our Patreon! (Psst, go and check out the FREE trial on the first tier!)

Or you can keep our spirit up by buying us Coffee (人ゝω・)

 

 

 

 

 

Support Me