Thursday, July 23, 2026

[WN] Emperor's Seventh Son : 20- 3


20-3

The Battle to Decide the Empire's Strongest


Translator : PolterGlast


Although moving the troops took some time, preparations for a surprise attack from the rear were still completed before evening. Our target is the enemy's main camp. If we let Yord escape, it's our loss; if we defeat him, it's our win. To force the enemy's main camp further back, we concentrated our long-range fire from the city gates of Ratatosk aimed at the main camp, completely maneuvering the enemy into the formation we aimed for. It's full of openings. Now, all that's left is to run down from this high ground and storm into the main camp.

With Aniue and I teaming up like this, even world domination seems like it would be easy to achieve.

Heh... To think the day would come when you say such a thing.

Of course, I'm not serious. If the Empire gets any bigger, its distortions will only spread. The Empire needs a force capable of opposing it.

That remark isn't like you either... I want to end this kind of battle quickly and see you return to being a free man.

Georg, you shouldn't push yourself too hard either, okay? Don't try to forcibly settle things with Yord-ani-sama, defeat him together with Ashley!

Georg-aniue merely furrowed his brows and didn't reply to that order.

Georg, why are you ignoring me!? Have you ever understood even a little bit of how I feel waiting in the back!?

Durin also agrees with Atomina-onee-sama, deshu. If Georg-sama gets hurt, Atomina-onee-sama will be sad, deshu...

Even so, Georg said absolutely nothing. I couldn't say it strongly. If I hadn't been taken hostage when I was young, Aniue would have surely won against Yord back then.

It's about time. You guys stay back.

Jeez, Georg you blockhead!!

Ashley-sama...

Durin clung to me, begging me to protect Georg. I understand how they both feel very well. But there's no way Aniue would lose to Yord.

Understood. When push comes to shove, I'll throw a towel, a spear, or anything else, and the two of us will strike down Yord.

What are you saying, Ashley, go together from the start!

Impossible. Georg-aniue is stubborn. Besides, even I want to see Aniue clear away his long-standing grudge.

Let's go, Ashley! Brave warriors who wish to strike a blow against the despicable army that has joined hands with the Abyss, all forces... charge!! Our target is the enemy's main camp, the heads of Prince Yord and the general!!

Following Georg's command, orders to charge were issued to each unit one after another. Mixed in with Georg-aniue and the most elite of the Empire's First Army, I ran down the hill with a shovel on my back, alongside the commander himself serving as the vanguard. The enemy hadn't noticed us. That's because they never anticipated enemy reinforcements coming from behind. By the time they noticed us and the Empire's strongest General Georg, we had already closed in right before their eyes.

Blasting away the barely formed enemy defense unit, we easily infiltrated the enemy's main camp. The defense unit of the main camp was primarily composed of members from the Knight Order. Heavily armed knights blocked our path, but―― they were not something that could stop Georg-aniue.

A surprise attack!? Why is the army from inside the city walls―― Ugyah?!

Hmm... that guy I just smacked―― could he perhaps have been the general of the 5th Army?

Yeah, I recognize his face. Capture him, I'll search for Yord.

Don't run off on your own, Aniue...! I'll tell Aneue!

Suit yourself.

The general of the 5th Army was a plump, fat middle-aged man. I had intended to cut off his head, but if he can be captured, capturing him isn't bad either. Until the soldiers of the First Army restrained the general, I repelled the swarming enemy forces.

I'm going after Aniue. You guys use him to urge the 5th Army to surrender.

All that's left is Yord. Looking over, on the left flank, Zirant, having taken the form of a giant dragon, was rampaging about and blocking their retreat path. Then it must be the right flank. Running toward the right side of the chaotic main camp, I found the figures of Georg and Yord. Yord played dirty after all. Against Georg who wanted a one-on-one duel, he had brought along knights to intercept him.

Leave the unrefined lot to me.

Ashley...! Th-This surprise attack, it was you after all...!!

I don't know what you're talking about.

Heavily armored knights are perfect sitting ducks for me. Swords, spears, armor, greaves, and gauntlets—I stripped them all bare with my Iron-Slashing Shovel. Reinforcements jumped in one after another, but they were no match for me. The warriors of the Abyss also didn't differ much in combat power compared to human knights. The fact that regular soldiers possess knight-class power would normally be a threat, I suppose. But they were no match for the mixed unit containing the Empire's First Army, beastmen, and elves.

Yord-aniue, I never thought you would go this far to try and settle things with me.

Why can't I cut it... Why, why do you possess such a thing!!

This sword was given to me by my beloved younger brother. So that I could fight you on equal footing.

Georg!! If only you weren't here, if only you weren't here, I would, I would!!

The sword made by the legendary blacksmith old man was clashing evenly with the sword made in the Abyss. In that case, there's no way Georg-aniue would lose. Every single strike repelled Yord's magic sword, overwhelming him.

Surrender, Yord. I hold a grudge against you, but... I don't want to willingly cut down my older brother.

Don't make a fool out of me!! I will absolutely win against you!! Because if you weren't here, I would be the strongest man in the Empire!!

Then you should fight Ashley――saying that would be tactless, huh. Understood, let's settle this, Yord.

Bring it on!! I will absolutely never accept the logic that a younger brother who came later can win against his older brother!! Die in this land of stakes, Georg!!!

You never know where someone will step off the right path in life. If only Aniue weren't here, could Yord have grown up properly? No, that's just Yord's excuse.

The magic sword and the magical sword crossed, and the blade born of the Abyss shattered. Aniue's sword no longer stopped, slicing through Yord's chest along with his light armor, making him drop to his knees as blood spilled.

...You monster... Geha...

Personality aside, I respected your sword, Yord-aniue. It was magnificent.

Ku, kukuku, kuhahahahaha... I despise that nobility of yours... Haha, hahaha, but, it's too bad... this civil war, ugh... There is no one... left who can win against... Julius... Before... that forbidden weapon... your martial prowess... is nothing... Ha, hahahaha... Gaha...

Once Yord was struck down, the members of the Knight Order threw away their swords with a refreshing amount of obedience, and voluntarily disarmed themselves. The members of the 5th Army were the same. There weren't many who wanted to throw away their duty of border defense just to join a civil war.

It's too early to disarm, take up your swords! From here on, we will sweep away the army of the Abyss! All forces, fulfill your duty as soldiers!

As I thought, despite the political position of coming from the national army, Aniue truly is suited to be the Emperor of this country. There were concerning words regarding Julius, but right now, we had to sweep away the army of the Abyss that had appeared on the surface and seal the labyrinth of stakes in Ratatosk City.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56

Xavier O'Donoghue


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Sébastien Dionne

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me