Chapter 148
Infiltration
Translator : PolterGlast
「Are you truly alright with this, Masaru-sama?」
「Yeah, it's a 'when in Rome, do as the Romans do' kind of thing.」
And while Lirica was wrestling with a high-speed
running machine, Priola and I had safely arrived at the city of Ronack.
For the record, both Priola and I were thoroughly
disguised. Instead of her usual military uniform, she was clad in a rather
stylish blue dress.
Her appearance gave off the vibe of an ice-cold noble lady
showing just a bit more skin than usual. That sharp, dignified impression of
hers hadn't changed, but it was amazing how a single outfit could alter her
overall vibe this much.
Eh, you're wondering what kind of clothes I was wearing?
Well, of course...
「Hmm, I really think it would have
been better if you wore something a bit more proper...」
「No, no, if I did that, they'd bust
us immediately.」
An incredibly worn-out, ragged tunic! My flanks were
completely exposed, and what I wore underneath was a pair of deliberately torn
pants.
And to really sell the gritty feeling, I had slathered my
entire body in mud, making myself exceptionally filthy.
Going all out, I was even equipped with handcuffs and leg
shackles, each attached to a heavy iron ball to ensure I couldn't escape.
「Honestly, you don't get to experience
this kind of thing often, so I'm actually enjoying it.」
「Your mentality is made of absolute
steel...」
This is the territory of the Subjugation Faction,
after all. If a human doesn't give off a strong "I am completely
subjugated" aura, we'd be found out in an instant.
Various parts of me have been feeling terribly drafty for a
while now, but it was a necessary sacrifice to get inside. Now then, I wonder
if this 'Demon Madam and her Slave'
operation will go smoothly.
「To be blunt, it was a piece of cake.」
We got inside so easily that I couldn't help but mutter that
out loud. Or rather, it seemed they barely even entertained the thought of
someone infiltrating them from the inside. We passed through the checkpoint
without being asked almost anything. As expected, because they are naturally
strong, demons are full of holes when it comes to security.
「For now, let's look for the humans.」
I don't know if I should call it fortunate or not, but
finding the people imprisoned here was easy.
It turns out demons love to show off their strength and
bravery, so they proudly paraded the soldiers they captured on the battlefield
as their own trophy slaves.
The demons seemingly assumed Priola was a fellow
enthusiast, chattering away glibly about the humans they had subjugated,
telling her completely unnecessary details.
According to their values, the weak have no worth, so there
were no children or elderly among the slaves.
When I saw a naked young woman whose entire body was covered
in whip marks, I almost killed a demon right then and there on impulse.
(Please suppress your bloodlust, Masaru-sama. They
will notice.)
(...Sorry.)
While apologizing in my heart and telling them to hold on
just a little longer, we made our rounds checking the locations where the
humans were kept.
Partly because it wasn't a very large city to begin with, we
managed to fully grasp the locations of all the humans in the city before the
sun went down. With our preparations complete, we moved our operation to the
second phase.
「Well then, please be careful.」
「Yeah, leave it to me.」
I smashed the shackles binding me through sheer brute force
and slowly stretched my entire body. From here on out, Priola and I will
act separately.
I would have her kill the demons who were subjugating the
humans... and I would storm the castle standing in the center of the Demon
Territory Zwaarth.
What am I going to do there? That's obvious... A one-sided massacre.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
