Chapter 155
The Conditions
of the Demon Lord
Translator : PolterGlast
What Lirica spoke of was a legend passed down orally
from her father, Khan.
O, one worthy of being the Demon Lord. Your experience must be a hundred million times that of
an ordinary person. For only one who is extraordinary can lead the demon race.
And possess the spirit to press forward even after
surpassing your own limits. One
who cannot repeatedly break through the walls of their own talent will not be
prepared for the battles to come.
However, if you do not possess innate talent, you lack the
qualifications to begin with.
For acquired talent alone cannot rule over demons.
A true labyrinth is the womb meant to nurture a Demon Lord. Grow, and prove it. The power necessary to traverse the
world. And if you liberate their souls, the restless spirits will surely
lend you their strength...
「Of course, I have only heard this
myself, so I do not understand the meaning behind all of it, but...」
「...No, it's fine. I think I
understood all of it.」
「Really!? I mean, I had a rough idea
about some of it myself, but...」
Experience that multiplies that of an ordinary person
probably refers to a high LV. And the spirit to press forward even after
surpassing your limits most likely refers to a Limit Break.
Innate talent refers to a Gift, and the last passage
definitely means to clear a dungeon.
Even the term "true labyrinth" is something I can
probably understand now.
—I realized this after hearing about dungeons from Emilia,
but it seems that typical dungeons in this world are quite different from the Holy
Corpse of the Knight that I cleared.
In particular, it seems that even if you defeat the final
boss, it's not normal to have a conversation with the master of the labyrinth
like I did.
It's just a guess, but... I think this legend refers to
dungeons like the Holy Corpse of the Knight that I liberated as
"true labyrinths."
The phrase "liberate their souls" perfectly
matches the sight of the Knight of the Holy Corpse and his comrades
returning to the heavens, after all.
However, if that's the case, the problem becomes whether Odd
can fulfill those conditions... Since the Holy Corpse of the Knight was
just a normally accessible dungeon, the possibility of him clearing one
normally is absolutely not zero.
He has almost certainly achieved a Limit Break on his
stats... and what's more, if he clears a true labyrinth like I did, there's a
high chance he'll obtain a Gift. If that happens, it's best to assume we
don't have much time to spare...
...Alright, in that case, let's start making our move
tomorrow. First, I'll ask Emilia and Alice and the others to
gather information on true labyrinths, and then I'll head out to assist the Dragonia
Dragon Knight Kingdom. Once that's done, I'll have Lirica power
level in a true labyrinth and raise her into the Demon Lord faster than Odd
can.
The shortest path to what needs to be done has come into view. Just you wait, Odd. I'm absolutely going to make Lirica the Demon Lord before you do.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Xavier O'Donoghue
Anton Lim
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Sébastien Dionne
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----
