[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 59


59

「I-In other words, I thought I wanted to do my best for my own future!」

It seemed it was too late even if Candice tried to gloss over it by saying so. To Valentin, who seemed displeased for some reason, Candice sent a gaze to Hugo as if asking for help. However, Hugo's expression remained the same as always, smiling sweetly. An awkward silence flowed.

「I will not permit outsiders to be brought into the White Palace without my permission. Even if it is Duke Radziwill.」

「……!」

「Hugo, bring a few instructors whose backgrounds are certain and who are uninfluenced by Duke Radziwill.」

「Certainly.」

「Also, contact Rina, who is recuperating, directly from our end without going through Duke Radziwill. Tell her that Candice wants to meet her.」

「Yes, sir.」

When Hugo rang a nearby bell, several maids appeared, and he issued instructions to multiple people. Then, Valentin, remaining expressionless, squished and touched Candice's cheeks with both hands.

「This is fine, right? Do not act on your own accord anymore.」

「Y-Yhes…… uhnderthood! (Understood!)」

It is hard to speak while having her cheeks pinched. However, she was surprised that with just a word or two from Valentin, the problems Candice had been carrying were solved in the blink of an eye. In addition to that, it came with the bonus that Duke Radziwill could no longer freely enter and exit the White Palace. Out of joy, Candice wanted to run all around the room.

(I did it! I don't really understand, but isn't it the best that Ojiisama needs Otou-sama's permission to meet me? I can't believe it!)

Out of sheer happiness, Candice turned toward Valentin. Without even noticing that the hands pinching her cheeks were removed and that he seemed displeased, she floated a full-faced smile.

「Thank you very much, Otou-sama! I will never forget this favor for the rest of my life!」

「……!」

「Because I will continue to do my best to improve myself from now on.」

Valentin had a surprised face the likes of which she had never seen before. After a brief silence, Candice tilted her head. And then she realized her own slip of the tongue.

(I-I unintentionally…… called him Otou-sama, but I might have offended him.)

Her feelings were elevated, and she ended up calling him "Otou-sama" instead of "His Majesty the Emperor".

(That's right, I just have to apologize! I'll apologize and have him pretend it never happened.)

Thinking she might be scolded, Candice sent a gaze to him, but his expression had returned to normal as usual. Deciding now was her chance, she bowed her head deeply.

「I-I am terribly sorry! Your Majesty the Emperor.」

「……Say it one more time.」

「Eh……?」

「…………」

「Thank you, very much?」

「Wrong.」

「I am terribly sorr……」

「Wrong.」

As a result of her thinking, Candice fearfully uttered a certain word.

「……O-Otou-sama?」

「One more time.」

「Otou-sama.」

Even when Candice repeatedly said it like that, there was no particular change in Valentin's expression. Candice was bewildered, thinking she might have made a mistake, but Valentin removed his hands from her cheeks, turned his back, and walked away.

(Wh-What was the meaning of that just now, I wonder…… could it be he was checking whether it made him uncomfortable or not?)

In the end, she ended up calling him "Otou-sama" just like her inner voice, but as expected, it might not have been a good idea.

(Next time I absolutely have to call him His Majesty the Emperor……!)

She will absolutely never be loved. That clung to Candice like a curse. Looking at Hugo while on the verge of crying, Candice saw him smiling in a troubled manner as he said, 「Your cheeks have turned red, haven't they.」

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>