[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 60


60

After that, Hugo was gathering the documents scattered on the table as usual.

Candice felt depressed thinking that she would have to spend time alone again after this. Deciding to try asking if it was okay to return to the White Palace already, she asked a question.

「……Say, Hugo.」

「What is it?」

「I am already feeling well, so I wonder if I may return to the White Palace?」

「As for me, I would like you to stay here forever, you know. While Imperial Princess-sama is here, the Violet Palace is peaceful, so everyone is surprised, you know?」

「Why would it become peaceful just because I am here?」

「I can only say it's because His Majesty the Emperor's mood is surprisingly good, you see.」

Hugo muttered earnestly. However, Candice spoke as if to laugh off Hugo's words.

「There's no way His Majesty the Emperor's mood would be good just because I am here! Isn't it just your imagination?」

「That is…… why do you think so?」

「Because I am hated by His Majesty the Emperor.」

「……!」

At that, Hugo widened his eyes in surprise. Because Candice had concluded that there was no way she would be loved, she thought it was only natural.

(There's absolutely no way his mood would be good because I am here, even if heaven and earth were turned upside down.)

Thinking so herself made her feel sorrowful. Because she ended up thinking only about gloomy things, Candice muttered while picturing everyone's faces, trying to lift her mood.

「I am worried about both Arthur and Jeanne. I wonder if I can see Eva and Rose soon.」

「…………Why did Imperial Princess-sama suddenly become close with His Highness Arthur?」

「Eh……?」

「Didn't you hate His Highness Arthur, myself included?」

At Hugo's probing question, Candice's heart let out a loud thump. Candice opened her mouth to answer Hugo's question.

「It is true that I hated him before, but…… I have turned over a new leaf now.」

She tried to casually gloss over it with a cliché reason, but Hugo did not seem convinced at all. Looking at his pasted-on smile, she thought she probably wouldn't be let off the hook unless she told the truth. Hugo might be harboring doubts due to Candice's extreme transformation. Candice looked straight at Hugo.

「Which was a joke…… the truth is, you see.」

「Yes.」

Hugo narrowed his eyes as he looked this way, as if observing her. Candice took a deep breath and then exhaled.

「───Because I don't want to die!」

「……Excuse me?」

「If I stay like that, I will die!」

「Umm……」

Hugo was bewildered, as if to say Candice's answer was completely unexpected. However, if she continued to be as selfish as she pleased, Candice would become the Evil Imperial Princess. It was a straight line towards death.

Louise appearing had become the decisive blow. Although there were parts where she was used, thinking about everything up until now, she understood that she was at fault.

This time, Candice learned of human warmth and kindness for the first time. Although there were still many things she didn't understand and times she thought her sensibilities were quite out of sync with others, she felt like something was changing little by little. That is precisely why, in order not to die, she had to take the exact opposite actions from before.

「I will do the opposite of what I have done up until now and grasp happiness. This time for sure……」

「Candice, Imperial Princess-sama, that is not an answer.」

Candice was completely serious. If she behaved the same way as before, she would undoubtedly trace the same path. In order not to die, Candice intended to get along with Arthur, Eva, and Rose. However, recently she thought of them as indispensable people.

「Truthfully, I don't really want to get involved with His Majesty the Emperor either, but……」

「Imperial Princess-sama, you absolutely must not say that in front of the person himself, alright?」

「Oh my, why? His Majesty the Emperor should be thinking the same thing, you know.」

「I will explain regarding this matter later on.」

「……? Understood.」

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>