[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 61


61

He must have realized that Candice was speaking her true feelings. Hugo answered while scratching his black hair, 「I don't really understand, but alright.」 Looking at Hugo, Candice opened her mouth to convey what she thought.

「Looking closely, your black hair is lovely, huh, Hugo.」

「……!」

「I want to try touching it!」

「…………Just what are you thinking, Imperial Princess-sama?」

「I just thought I wanted to try touching your hair, Hugo, you know?」

And when she signaled for Hugo to crouch down, Hugo reluctantly knelt down on one knee in front of Candice. The silky, flowing hair, different from Arthur's, was smooth and addictive.

「It's glossy and looks like obsidian.」

「Wha……!? Imperial Princess-sama, what has gotten into you?」

「Don't move for a bit!」

「~~~hk!」

Seeing Hugo's composed expression unusually crumble, Candice floated a wide grin. Candice used to discriminate against Hugo just because he was born with black hair and eyes, but she realized he was no different from herself. Besides, being able to see such an expression wasn't bad. Candice was always sneered at by Hugo, but she was in a good mood.

(This is also the Exact Opposite Strategy……! Hugo is not used to being praised, is he.)

Finding Hugo's unexpected weakness, Candice was satisfied.

「Imperial Princess-sama, please do not tease me……!」

「I am not teasing you. I am praising you!」

「…………You are a strange person, huh.」

「Fufu.」

And perhaps thanks to praising Hugo, he returned her to the White Palace right after that.

「「Imperial Princess-sama!」」

「You two, thank goodness.」

「We were worried, you know」

「I'm so glad you're safe~!」

Eva and Rose cried while rejoicing at their reunion with Candice. Both of them were apparently about to be transferred to a different palace at one point, but it seems they pleaded to return to the White Palace again.

And Arthur, whose eyes were swollen bright red perhaps having received the news that Candice had returned to the White Palace, clung to Candice while shedding large drops of tears.

「Arthur!? What's wrong……?」

「……hk!」

「Arthur?」

「Candice, Oneesamaa!」

Arthur called Candice's name over and over again, and even after that, he wouldn't leave Candice's side at all. Jeanne, just as Candice had predicted, seemed to feel responsible, immediately apologizing and keeping her head bowed.

「Because I took rash actions, I put Imperial Princess-sama in danger…… I am terribly sorry」

「It is not your fault, Jeanne.」

「But……」

「I do not mind it.」

Candice said it wasn't Jeanne's fault, but she didn't seem convinced. At seeing Jeanne in this state for the first time, Arthur's eyes grew teary. At Arthur's anxious expression, Candice felt her chest tighten.

She didn't want to see it any further…… Thinking so, Candice explained that it would make Arthur anxious, and Jeanne finally closed her mouth.

She had been wondering what Arthur did since people had vanished from the White Palace, but it seemed he had continued studying with Lucas while frequenting the archives, and had secretly been taken care of at the Blue Palace.

Candice was surprised to hear that after Lucas went to church with his mother, they went to the archives where Arthur was taught letters, and he ate meals together with Lucas. She thought that if Lucas, following Candice, also grew close to Arthur, then Arthur's treatment might continue to improve.

(I will have to thank Lucas-oniisama, won't I.)

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>