62
Candice rejoiced that by returning to the White
Palace, she could once again spend time together with Arthur, Jeanne,
Eva, and Rose. And while feeling nostalgic, she patted Arthur's
fluffy head.
The
next day, she felt relieved eating her usual meal with Arthur for the
first time in a while. The chefs were also the same members as always, and they
rejoiced at being able to meet again. Recently, she had been eating alone in a
room in the Violet Palace, so being with the usual members made her feel
somewhat at ease.
(Come to think of it, Eva told
me that I was summoned by Otou-sama today. I supposedly just met him yesterday,
so I wonder what his business is……)
Candice was frightened by the summons that
came the moment she returned to the White Palace. Though she could not
afford to be late for a summons from the Emperor, Candice and Arthur
hurried toward the archives. Of course, it was to say thank you to Luca.
The guard outside the door only stands there when Luca is inside. And
seeing Arthur and Candice, they immediately opened the door for
them. Upon entering the archives, there was the figure of Luca reading a
book in his usual fixed spot.
「Luca-oniisama, are you here?」
「Arthur, Candice!」
「……Luca-oniisama!」
Candice watched with a feeling of jealousy
as Arthur happily went to Luca's side.
(Arthur, who had only been attached to me,
has grown attached to Luca-oniisama……!?)
The
grating sound of Candice grinding her teeth echoed. Then, perhaps
noticing Candice, Luca floated a relieved expression.
「Candice, it seems you had a terrible time.」
「……hk!」
「Candice?」
Candice had bared her jealousy, but she was
startled by Luca's words.
「……Y-Yes! His Majesty the Emperor,
who happened to be present, saved me.」
「I was very surprised when I heard
the story. I'm glad you look well.」
She
felt like Luca was speaking much more clearly and briskly than before.
She thought it was strange, but it seemed he had gradually gotten used to
talking as he spoke with Arthur.
Luca was patting Arthur's head
while smiling. Watching that, Candice somehow felt a sense of
indignation, similar to when Valentin was taken by Louise.
Feeling somewhat frustrated, Candice also hugged Arthur, causing Luca
to smile and step away from Arthur as if to put some distance between
himself and Candice.
(I won't hand Arthur over!)
Arthur looked happy to be hugged by Candice.
However,
Candice remembered her original purpose.
「Luca-oniisama, thank you very much for
looking after Arthur while I was away.」
「N-No…… I didn't really do anything,
you know.」
「I heard it from Jeanne. That
it was thanks to Luca-oniisama.」
When
Candice said that, Luca fidgeted with his cheeks reddened,
perhaps feeling shy. Today as well, a massive amount of books were piled up at
the spot where Luca was sitting.
(Knowing Luca-oniisama, I
wonder if he is studying poisons?)
When
it came to Luca, she only had the image of him shutting himself in his
room and single-mindedly researching poisons. However, looking at the books,
she noticed they were clearly not books on plants. Curious about what books
they were, Candice decided to try asking Luca.
「What are you always studying here, Luca-oniisama?」
「M-Me!?」
「Yes. You, Luca-oniisama.」
「I am…… I'm reading medical books and
human anatomy encyclopedias because I want to become able to save people.」
「Eh……?」
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Taylor King
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----