[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 63


63

Candice widened her eyes at the unexpected answer.

「When I was young, my cough wouldn't get better, you see…… A doctor from the Blue Palace secretly cured the cough that praying couldn't cure.」

「……!」

「At that time, I thought I wanted to become like a doctor too. But I am absolutely not permitted to advance down this path.」

「……!」

Luca is the child of the Pope's daughter and also the Second Imperial Prince. Even if he doesn't become Emperor, there is a possibility of him becoming the Pope or a priest.

(How unexpected…… To think that rather than wanting to cause people to suffer, the Luca-oniisama of this time wanted to save people.)

Candice had almost never met Luca around this time. She had arbitrarily despised the timid Luca, and she had no interest in him, only seeing his face at large ceremonies.

(Illnesses cannot be cured just by praying…… He is quite realistic, isn't he.)

Luca is seven years old, two years older than Candice. And yet, he has clearly set his own goals and dreams. Candice was starting to hold a favorable impression of this unexpected inner side.

「But I just couldn't give it up no matter what, so I thought I at least wanted to put the knowledge into my head like this.」

Luca said so with a serious face. Candice listened to his story in silence.

(To think Luca-oniisama would say such things……)

As he grew up, his atmosphere became gloomy, and perhaps because she only had a dark image of him doing poison research, Luca talking about his dreams with sparkling eyes looked like a different person. The young Luca is a quiet and shy beautiful boy.

Perhaps because he is learning many things from books, he is mature and realistic. It's unimaginable that a few years from this state, he would shut himself in his room and completely stop coming out. However, with the appearance of Louise, he gradually opens his heart.

(I wonder what happened to Luca-oniisama……)

Candice had used Luca to corner Maxence, but the paths they had walked up until then never crossed, remaining completely unknown to her. Candice had been so desperate to be loved herself that she perhaps couldn't see her surroundings.

「You possess a wonderful dream, Luca-oniisama.」

「……Eh!? Y-You're not going to make a fool of me?」

Candice tilted her head at Luca's words. After hearing his feelings, there was no way she would even think of making a fool of him. Candice could not bring herself to hate a figure trying to push forward for the sake of their goal.

(Because, I was the exact same way……)

Until she was twelve, Candice had worked hard solely to meet her mother. After her mother passed away, she had single-mindedly sought love from her father. If she were to make a fool of that, it would mean denying her past self.

Luca too was chasing a dream that couldn't be fulfilled due to his position. There was no way she could make a fool of him.

Besides, even now Candice was working hard for her own goals.

「I would never make a fool of you. I too was saved by doctors the other day. That gratitude has permeated to my very bones.」

In reality, it was probably thanks to the doctors that the paralyzing drug wore off quickly without any aftereffects. Before time rewound, Candice had looked down even on doctors, but now she looked at things with different feelings. In the first place, she had just never caught a disease and thus never had anything to do with doctors.

The fact that Candice became able to think this way might also be thanks to Arthur, Eva, Rose, and Jeanne.

Luca was deeply moved, saying, 「As I thought, you are amazing, Candice.」 However, he immediately dropped his shoulders as if realizing reality.

「But…… I cannot become a doctor.」

At those words, Candice tilted her head.

「Oh my, why is that?」

「You know of my birth as well, don't you!?」

「Yes, I know about that, but.」

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>