[WN] The Evil Imperial Princess : 64


64

「I think not a single one of my wishes will ever come true. That is the kind of destiny I have.」

「But if Maxence-oniisama becomes the Emperor……」

「That's not it, Candice…… I……」

Candice was startled by Luca's words, spoken as if he had given up. He probably meant to say that for him, the grandson of the Pope and someone with the Emperor's blood, becoming a doctor was infinitely impossible. In the past, she would have made a fool of Luca, calling him a coward, but it was different now.

Candice ended up seeing Luca overlap with her former self.

(He wanted to resist…… Luca-oniisama is the same. He might have just wanted his feelings to be acknowledged.)

Candice had vented her dissatisfaction outwards, but in Luca's case, it was the exact opposite. He might have been resisting by shutting himself inside his own shell. If that was the result, she felt somewhat empty and felt that she couldn't just leave Luca alone. Was Luca going to repeat the same thing all over again?

「Are you really alright with that, Luca-oniisama?」

「……Eh?」

「Can you say for sure that you won't regret it?」

At Candice's question, Luca bit his lip tightly.

「But there's nothing I can do about it.」

「I used to think so, too.」

「Eh……?」

「However, ever since I came up with a wonderful strategy called the 'Exact Opposite Strategy', my life has changed a hundred and eighty degrees!」

「Exact Opposite, Strategy……?」

「I decided to take actions that my past self wouldn't take! For example, in my case…… eating vegetables without being picky, not shopping too much, and getting along with Arthur are also part of it.」

「……!」

「I even repelled Ojiisama, and I've been together with my maids for nearly two months, you know!」

Luca was unexpectedly listening with admiration as Candice boasted while resting a hand on her chin.

「You think of interesting things, Candice. The Exact Opposite Strategy…… It seems like you can change greatly from your past self.」

「Right? I intend to live without any regrets this time around!」

Various meanings were included in those words. Candice patted the head of Arthur, who was clinging to her.

Candice had let go of everything she had been obsessed with and given up on them. And it was precisely because she wanted to live without dying that she was now able to spend heartwarming days like this with newly important people.

「I will decide my own path. I'll become a good Imperial Princess, right up until the day I leave this Empire!」

「……!」

Lately, she thought that if she could become a good Imperial Princess, she might be able to see a world she had never seen before. She might learn new things and find something precious. The reason she could become so positive was because she had experienced her first failure. For her own goals, Candice intended to continue pushing forward aggressively.

(There is nothing the current me cannot do! Ohohoho)

As Candice puffed out her chest with a smug look, Luca widened his aquamarine-like eyes greatly. Arthur was also looking at Candice with sparkling eyes.

「As expected of Candice-oneesama! You are very cool.」

「Thank you, Arthur. Keep following me from now on!」

「Yes! I will also become strong and follow Candice-oneesama!」

「Oh my……! How reliable.」

Candice directed a smile at Arthur's adorable words. While she was patting the head of Arthur, who had nodded with plenty of spirit, just like usual, Luca asked Candice a question with a serious expression.

「Why do you want to become a good Imperial Princess, Candice?」

「Eh……?」

「Why are you trying to leave the Empire?」

「Th-That is, well. I……」

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>