[WN] Jitsuwa 3-Domedatta : Chapter 451


Chapter 451

(Kyle Calendar Year 516: Age 23)

Wedding Ceremony Karma Comes Around

 

In the end, our strange combination of six people (me, Emperor, King, Margrave, Marquis, Knight Commander) ended up entering the detached palace where I was staying, trailing a large number of soldiers led by Marquis Flame, who had hurried after us.

Welcome back. Ah, um... the preparations for the banquet... are ready. However...

Um, Takuhir-sama... well...

Takuhir-sama, regarding the matter in the salon...

Yes, they came out to welcome me, but if I return suddenly bringing five other people with me... it's natural that Miseri would be surprised. Similarly, Yoltia also looked like she had something to say, and her face was slightly pale. Yuka stopped mid-sentence and kept appealing for something with her eyes.

Oh! As expected, your wives are well-prepared! Let us immediately hold a meeting regarding the upcoming subjugation, using the story we heard today as a side dish for our drinks.

Fufufu, while calling it a stroll, the Emperor-heika's true intention was that, wasn't it? Even in subjugation, I'm a guard, so carrying out my original intention hasn't changed, though.

At the words of these two, Miseri, Yoltia, and Yuka looked like they had even more to say, but their words were completely sealed. And... when we were guided by the three who were sending us meaningful glances...

Fufufu, while you are exasperated by our accompanying you, aren't you properly prepared as well, Archduke-heika?

As my brother laughed and pointed out, before I knew it, the preparations for the banquet were perfectly arranged, all the drinks and food were prepared on the table, and maids and male attendants were waiting with their heads bowed. But you see... I didn't give any such instructions; did the three who returned earlier act considerately? While feeling such doubts, we took the seats prepared in a circle. However, there were six of us, but for some reason, there were nine seats... Are they the seats for Miseri, Yoltia, and Yuka?

Since we have spare seats, Marquis Flame, please come here as well. The distinguished guests have taken the trouble to come here because they want to hear the details of today's story.

Saying so, I half-forcefully welcomed the hesitant Marquis to a seat. Because to begin with, the conversation wouldn't progress without someone from the Fearalt Principality who knows the circumstances, and I thought it would be too pitiable to make my wives keep company with this lineup. In the end, with me as the starting point, the Emperor and Sieghart sat on my left, King Crajyu and my brother on my right, leaving one seat empty on both sides, and facing us sat Knight Commander Gouras and Marquis Flame.

Then Marquis, I'm sorry, but could you tell us in detail about the southeast Demon Territory we heard about at today's banquet? I myself have absolutely no knowledge about your country's Demon Territorys, other than the water Demon Territory near Salaam, which is called the northeast Demon Territory in the Principality.

Yes, this is essential preliminary knowledge for capturing a Demon Territory. What characteristics does that Demon Territory have, and what kinds of monsters inhabit it? What is the danger level of the inhabiting monsters, their main means of attack, and methods of evasion? What kinds of monsters should be targeted for materials, and how can they be utilized? I want to know these specifics before putting them into action.

Recently, troublesome monsters have multiplied too much in the southeast Demon Territory, and we were also troubled... Hearing that a large-scale subjugation army will be organized with everyone's arrival this time, we have been relieved... To begin with, the story we heard from a certain Principality noble participating in the earlier banquet was the origin of this. It is also a fact that I wanted to clarify things on this occasion because I had some concerns too.

I want to ask Marquis Flame anew, why did monsters multiply in the southeast Demon Territory? What is the impact? What does troublesome mean?

To me, the story that monsters have multiplied cannot be ignored. Because that means, a few years down the line, there is a fear that a plague will be brought about by rodents (rats) that have multiplied too much as scavengers of the Demon Territory. Looking at a map of the neighboring countries from a bird's-eye view, my apprehension lay there. Because the southeast Demon Territory they speak of and the Demon Territory spreading from the former Demon Territory Count territory to Marquis Gorman's territory are connected. Across the great mountain range... that is. The border between the Fearalt Principality and the Kyle Kingdom is blocked by a great mountain range said to be impassable. With the sole exception of the gap in the outskirts of Salaam far to the north, which is the western national border for the Kyle Kingdom. Although this is a hypothetical story, if rats bringing plague occur in massive numbers in the southeast Demon Territory and cross the mountains, there is a possibility that they could bring damage from the plague via our Demon Territory on the Kyle Kingdom side.

Yes, to begin with, the origin was the previous civil war in our country. The eastern side of Feari was the territory of the main nobles, starting with Marquis Scyria, one of the ringleaders of the rebel army.

I have heard that story too. To begin with, the area around the Royal Capital Feari was under the influence of the nobles who plotted the rebellion, and the lands north of it as well. At that time, the King's faction was concentrated south of Feari, in the part where the territory of the Fearalt Principality juts out like a peninsula. Conversely, it is no exaggeration to say that the rest of the national territory was almost entirely under the influence of the rebel nobles.

Then... you're saying the cause is the disappearance of the main nobles who managed the Demon Territory?

Indeed, my brother's point also has some truth to it. Because if monsters are not thinned out regularly, their numbers increase, and they begin to threaten human settlements.

I believe it is safe to say so. However, the root cause lies elsewhere. In addition to the three hundred Mages belonging to the Magic Corps held by those nobles, there were also three hundred lower-ranking Mages, inferior in ability but secretly held by each noble. A total of six hundred Mages disappeared all at once...

I see, you're talking about what we call the western front. I hear that the rebel army that invaded the Kyle Kingdom touched the reverse scale of a terrifying person, and as a result, an army of tens of thousands was annihilated all at once. Of course, including the Mages belonging to it...

Hey! Who is the terrifying person my brother is talking about? To begin with, it wasn't that they touched my reverse scale, but they unleashed an attack that could be called a one-sided massacre, so I merely returned fire! Besides, I didn't participate in the first battle where three hundred Mages were defeated. I just gave strategies to Denka, Gordo, and the others.

What a troublesome thing.

My brother, the Emperor, and Sieghart were grinning saying so, King Crajyu was slightly put off, and the Knight Commander looked bewildered, but still... it wasn't my fault to begin with, you know. However, as a byproduct of history, karma comes around even to us who won the battle, and it wouldn't be strange if the malice of history was prepared like a time bomb. Given how things have been up until now... I couldn't help but let out a big sigh.

I see, the Mages who participated in the rebel army greatly reduced in number, and as a result, your country also faced hindrances in managing the Demon Territory. Is that it?

Does that mean I indirectly created the current situation, so the cause of this Demon Territory expedition commotion is also me? I can't deny that, though.

That is exactly why you shouldn't put on airs and take the initiative to lead us. From my brother who looked nonchalant, I felt like I could hear an unspoken wish directed at me. Could it be... my brother is enjoying this situation?

Hahaha, things don't go easily, do they. If the numbers of those who hunt are greatly reduced, it stands to reason that the hunted will increase. That is precisely why we can partake in the meal Takuhir-dono has set up, isn't it.

No! I want to deny the Emperor's words with a loud voice. I have no intention of setting up any meals! I just got dragged into it. That's what I want to say, but...

Returning to the topic, I heard the inhabiting monsters are also troublesome?

I forcibly changed the topic. There's no need to subject myself to further fruitless teasing.

Yes, many of the monsters inhabiting the southeast Demon Territory unleash attacks utilizing fire magic. Therefore, magic attacks by our country's Magic Corps, which is mostly comprised of Fire Mages, are at a disadvantage, and if the First Royal Guard Division, our main force, engages in close combat...

Does that mean they are subjected to one-sided magic attacks from out of range? To begin with, there is also the inherent danger of being engulfed in fire inside a forest.

And among them, which are considered formidable enemies?

Speaking in terms of numbers and their elusive nature, the Fire Fox (Kako); the Cassowary (Hikuitori), which cannot be underestimated in speed and close combat; for individual strength, the Red Tiger (Sekko); and although it rarely appears, the Fire Dragon (Karyu), which is said to be impossible to subjugate.

No... just hearing the names, the Red Tiger and Fire Dragon are quite dangerous. Hearing "dragon", I felt a momentary thrill, but of course, I'd like to refrain from fighting one. The Red Tiger sounds like a stronger version of the Demon Wolf from our Demon Territory, plus it likely shoots fire, so I think it's quite tough. The Fire Dragon, true to its name, sounds hard and I feel close combat would be useless against it, and if approached carelessly, one could be burned to a crisp.

Then what are effective means of attack against the Red Tiger and Fire Dragon?

There are none. If I had to say, water magic, ice magic, and lightning magic, but how far they will work... The Red Tiger is an agile existence that not only dodges magic attacks but is also troublesome in close combat, and it breathes fire from a distance. Dragon species basically have resistance to magic attacks, and their scales and skin are hard, so swords and spears don't work...

Isn't that what the general public calls a checkmate? How are we supposed to defeat it!

In our country, the Klimt in the northwest and the Fire Dragon in the southeast are both said to be physically impossible to subjugate, and have caused massive casualties and been feared over many years.

「「「「「......」」」」」

See... didn't I tell you. Klimt had the weakness of being vulnerable to fire-attribute magic even if physical attacks were useless. But a Fire Dragon has magic resistance too, right? The five of them are dumbfounded and silent, but that's exactly why you shouldn't underestimate a Demon Territory. Now then... what should we do? We have to rethink our strategy anew, and we absolutely have to face this by combining our total strength. My head hurts. However, at this time, I still didn't know that an event that would make me hold my head even more was waiting right after this.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>