Chapter 452
(Kyle Calendar Year 516:
Age 23)
Wedding Ceremony ⑤ Two of a Kind
In response to the appearance of an unexpectedly formidable enemy, the
reactions of the banquet participants varied. The ones speaking relatively
calmly and positively were two pairs.
「Sieghart, how many Mages did you bring
this time? I think Water Mages and Lightning Mages are essential,
right?」
「That's right. By the way, I brought all of them this time. After all,
it's their first time maneuvering in a Demon Territory; I thought it
would be a good opportunity to have them learn the movements of Archduke-heika's
Mages.」
I mean, did you harbor such a scheme as well? Shrewd as always, or
whatever...
「It is said that swords are completely useless, but what do you think,
Lord Darek, with your abundant combat experience in the Demon
Territory?」
「Let's see, even if swords are impossible, battle axes... it's also a
fact that in the Principality, they have been hunted to keep their numbers down
until now. I think there must be a vital spot somewhere.」
「I see. We have brought about ten of the latest mobile ballistae this
time, and at close range, they have more attack power than a battle axe. Even
for the agile Red Tiger, if we eliminate its escape routes with a concentrated
attack...」
「Hahaha, that sounds interesting. Besides, there's also someone here who
always comes up with something interesting every time.」
No... it's not interesting at all. I mean, when did King Crajyu
prepare such dangerous things? He's totally motivated! And Brother, you're
relying on me? I didn't think of anything like that. And the ones turning pale
and trembling were the two facing us...
「No good... exposing the Princess to such danger... even though Heika
instructed me so strictly...」
「Why are these gentlemen... even after I told them this much...」
Knight Commander Gouras and Marquis Flame were just
muttering to themselves and holding their heads. It was then.
「Then I shall pour you some new sake.」
「!!!」
I froze looking at Knight Commander Gouras, who was sitting
opposite me, pale-faced and downing his sake in one gulp, and the woman
attending as a server beside him. 『Why are you here!』 When I was taken aback and about to raise a silent protest, she gently
placed a finger over her mouth. Feeling a bad premonition, I looked around
anew, and there was also a strangely well-built server trying to silently go
around pouring sake... 『You too!』 I remembered the man who had slipped in as a server at the banquet held
only among family on the last night in Feari, when I first visited the Fearalt
Principality as a special envoy previously.
「Guh, I must stop her no matter what... that tomboy is no longer just a
Princess of a country, a light status. She is the Princess Consort who forms
the bond of friendship between the two countries, yet... No, I don't need sake!
This is no time for sake!」
「Exactly as you say. As always, I am troubled by Heika's
eccentricity. I would like him to show a little self-restraint. Not to mention
the two who bear the future of our country, if something were to happen to the Emperor-heika,
the Archduke-heika, or the King-heika, the future
of the neighboring countries, even the peace that has finally arrived, would be
lost... Hey, I do not need sake! Step back!」
Hahaha, the two vassals sitting next to each other raised flags. I also
have the matter of being 『teased』 a little while ago, so maybe I should play along with their bad joke.
「By the way, I was completely outsmarted by Brother this time too. You
probably got sweet-talked by that 『tomboy』 and put on an act in front of the King-heika and the old
raccoon dog, right? Isn't it cruel to push the villain role onto me?」
Of course, this is the baseless event I heard about at the New Year's
banquet, 『that we invited the tomboy to hunt in the Demon
Territory』. I'm sure the 『ones who wanted to go hunting』 joined
hands behind the scenes. In that sense, my brother is also a free spirit.
「Well... since it's just us here I'll say it, but 『that』 is quite a piece of work. I never thought
she would be that terrible.」
After saying so and smiling bitterly, my brother continued his words in
an even lower voice.
「Since joining up at the national border, in Salaam, even though
it was the middle of a bridal procession, she selfishly put on armor, slipped
out, and made a fuss saying she was going to the Demon Territory. Not
only that, to me who stopped her, she'd say 『I'll show you my true ability and set your mind at ease,』 and challenged me to sword duels many times...」
「And so? Did Brother, a Sword Saint with the greatest skill in the
Kingdom, teach the 『tomboy』 her place?」
「As if I could do that! Defeating her is one thing, but if I were to
injure the bride in a duel, it would be an unimaginable disaster, so I had a
hard time refusing. I was made to realize anew that she is quite the 『tomboy』 that only you can manage. Really, didn't
she get her birth gender wrong?」
My condolences. You've had various hardships up until now, haven't you.
And including what comes after this... Maybe I should stop soon? Because of the
sake, my brother's voice has gotten a bit louder, and the tomboy seems to be
hearing him clearly. If the hardship stories continue any further, it'll become
a terrible situation like with me before.
「That's how it is. Your vassals are worried, you know. To the point
where sake won't pass down their throats. I mean, why are you here! It's an
important 『wedding night』 for the two of you!」
I dared to be calm in the first half, and raised my voice in the second
half, throwing the words at the two of them.
「「「「「「!!!」」」」」」
All six people besides me froze, but the reason Miseri had a
troubled face when I returned, the reason Yoltia tried to convey
something, the reason Yuka mentioned the salon... everything made sense
with this. They probably silenced them or something.
「Whaaaaaa!」 「S-Such a thing, again!」 「G-Good grief... Archduke-heika, you knew (didn't you)!」
The three who were completely fooled, of course, raised loud voices and
were trembling in a different sense this time. Marquis Flame, who would
normally turn pale and follow along with the King's unreasonableness, was stuck
with us this time. Knight Commander Gouras and my brother had no way of
knowing 『that incident』 the tomboy pulled on me at the academy.
「I didn't know; I just realized it myself a moment ago. To begin with, I
myself have experienced similar things from the two of you in the past in
different situations, and have been terribly surprised.」
Really, the two of them did similar things before they even met each
other; they are truly two of a kind. The persons themselves seemed to do it out
of a little curiosity, a mischievous spirit, or feelings of gratitude, but for
the one on the receiving end, it's unbearable.
「Fufufu, hearing that you were getting excited talking about the Demon
Territory without us, I couldn't stay quiet.」
「I also had sake served by the Emperor in the Imperial Capital,
so at least as thanks for that on this occasion...」
「「「「「「......」」」」」」
「Even so, Knight Commander, you do not need the sake I poured?」
「Ah, no, that is... gratefully...」
「I-I am terribly sorry!」
「Fufufu, you are indeed siblings. Just like my younger brother, my older
brother... seems to have caused you various troubles, and I am currently
reflecting on it. It is true, you know.」
「Even so, Flame, is this no time for sake? And here I thought I'd
let you enjoy yourself.」
「N-No... such a thing is...」
「Now then, the entertainment over drinks ends here. From here on out, we
have to include the original participants and seriously strategize. Because I
won't accept any more complaints about the 『wedding night』 matter.」
Even receiving my words, the two of them were smiling calmly, but...
Since both of them are 『battle maniacs』 in a certain sense, is that the priority? Or could it be, the two of
them have already done the 『Did you enjoy
yourselves last night?』 event...?
「Gosh... Archduke-heika! I understand what you want to
say, but it's showing on your face!」
I realized it when my brother pointed it out. That Clarisse-denka,
who officially became the Princess Consort today, was glaring at me...
※
From then on, of course, the two joined in and the nine of us ended up
discussing countermeasures. Of course, over drinks... In truth, because the
Kings and Emperor of each country cannot leave their countries for a long
period, and it's a forced march touring two Demon Territories, the
schedule is quite tight.
·
Depart Feari tomorrow
morning and travel to Salaam in the north by ship (overnight on the
ship)
·
The next day, head to the
northeast (water) Demon Territory for a day trip, then stay overnight in
Salaam
·
Then this time, travel by land to Feari
over two days and stay overnight there
·
Early the next morning, head to
the southeast Demon Territory and hunt for an overnight trip of two days
Just looking at the schedule, it's obvious; it's an absurd forced march. Perhaps the real reason the two came here today is precisely because of these time constraints. And the next day... with hangovers, we set off on a journey to Salaam by ship.
-----
Thank you for my Patrons !!
[Platinum]
-
[Gold]
B random
Nepheos
[Silver]
Corey Hicks
Creris
Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon
Jake Seagraves
Matthew Fraser
Tbaum56
Baelee
Christopher Feliciano
Ctdela
Curious Panda
nick nasca
SD Fox
Taylor King
Z
Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon
-----