[WN] Jitsuwa 3-Domedatta : Chapter 469


Chapter 469

(Kyle Calendar Year 516: Age 23)

Family Meeting: Beyond the Doting Parent...

 

After finishing the audience with the Special Envoy, the Old Tanuki who had a beaming smile from start to finish, I was finally able to prepare an opportunity to sit down and talk calmly with Anne. In place of a dumbfounded me, for some reason, Raymond had prepared a room next to the audience chamber and gathered the five of them, including Anne, there for me.

「Anne, I...」

Against me who was about to speak, Anne smiled gently and stopped me.

「I have always... served by your side since Takuhir-sama was the same age as Karin. Therefore, I believe I understand your feelings.」

「T-Thank you. The truth is, I intended to consult with you beforehand, though.」

There is no falsehood in this. Even if it is a matter that cannot be refused, the shock on the receiving end changes by orders of magnitude depending on whether they were informed beforehand or not.

「Truthfully, all of us had already been told of such matters in advance by Madam.」

「Huh?」

Since when? I didn't know anything about that either. If Anne says 'Madam', she means my mother, right? With what intention did my mother bring up such a topic? At her words, all five of them nodded in the same manner.

「It was after this year's New Year's banquet. Madam told us, 『Now that the Demon Territory Dukedom has acquired such immense power, such things will happen from now on,』 and advised us, 『It is a lonely thing, but as wives, you must resolve yourselves starting now.』」

Is that about that time? The time when Renka and Hanano had their births celebrated directly by the Emperor of the Empire, raising flags for the future? It is true that my mother was also present there...

『That child is highly capable, but he is oblivious only to those sorts of things. He doesn't seem to be paying much mind to today's matters either, so I think he will panic greatly when talks actually arrive. At that time, he will end up relying on all of you, so please push him forward. I am sorry for my own inadequacies.』

「Madam also said that...」

「......」

Anne spoke as if it was difficult to say, but because it developed exactly like that, I had no words to reply. Am I still dancing on my mother's palm? As expected, my mother observes me very well... though it's not a very happy story for me.

『After all, this is a world where any woman born as a noble takes it for granted that she will be married off through 'politics'. Let alone the fact that that child has awe-inspiringly become the lord of an entire nation. For that reason, your children cannot escape the fate of becoming bridges that connect nations together.』

「We deeply engraved those words we heard from Madam into our hearts. To be honest, I am an orphan with no relatives. I still think it is rather too much of an honor for my daughter to be treated in such a way, but...」

That's right. As Claire said, neither I nor anyone else here is royalty by birth. It's a grandiose tale, and it's only natural to consider it a matter unrelated to us. Even Yuka and I, who were born as nobles, were lower nobles at the absolute bottom of the aristocratic hierarchy.

「However, I too yearned for such things when reading 『The Tale of Marl』 as a child. I never thought my daughter would end up in the same position as Marl, though...」

Eh? Anne had a side like that too? I thought it was the anecdote least suited to Anne's tastes...

「That is true. It would also be a strange story for us, who expanded our business by borrowing Marl's story, to shrink back saying 『our social standings are different』...」

Hahaha... As Miseri says, it truly feels like a boomerang has come back to pierce us. After hyping it up that much, it feels like we'd be told 'Look who's talking'.

「The truth is... I have also consulted with Madam several times. Is it alright for me to remain in the position of being called Archduchess? Will the children born in the future become unhappy due to my origins?」

The one who said that was Yoltia. Was she still harboring that curse...? I was made keenly aware of it once again.

「There is no need to worry about such things. Let alone the fact that we have no intention of forming ties with idiots who would care about such things.」

It is true that she, with her alluring and exceptionally beautiful appearance, had been humiliated by fools in the Principality in the past, hadn't she? Is she still worrying about that even now?

「Yes, Madam also said the same thing to me. She even went as far as to say, 『You are all my pride and my precious daughters.』... Therefore, I am fine now. I have decided to only look forward from here on out.」

For some reason, it seems my mother has been following up on various things without my knowledge. I need to reflect on myself as well...

「And so... regarding something related to this matter, we have something we wish to consult with Takuhir-sama about.」

The one who said that somewhat hesitantly and raised her hand was Yuka. A consultation? What matter is this matter?

「I, too, once served by Clarisse-sama's side for a time, and I was made acutely aware of just how ignorant I was regarding etiquette and royal manners back then. There was also a clear difference between me and the young ladies around me...」

That's right. Yuka served under Princess Clarisse for nearly a year at the time, so she must have gone through various hardships. Much less the fact that the noble daughters who attended her in the same manner were from genuine Marquis and Earl households. Even the children of lower nobles were from Central Noble families with territories near the Royal Capital. There must have been a world of difference in that kind of refinement between them and her, who hailed from a frontier Viscount household.

「So, if possible, I was wondering if we could build a school in Kusanagi where one could learn etiquette and the reception of high-ranking individuals, and by extension, distinguished guests from foreign nations...」

I see, I didn't have that idea. Listening to her, I had thought about hiring an exclusive private tutor instead.

「And you're going to have Karin attend that school?」

「Yes, if one learns etiquette from childhood, they will naturally acquire it. Furthermore, having others to learn with will be an encouragement, and in the first place, there are extremely few talented individuals capable of handling such matters in the Demon Territory Dukedom...」

「Like an academy's steward and maid training course?」

「There is that as well, but I would like to make the primary focus learning it as a preliminary step. For example, preparing an elementary course where one can learn from age five, and an intermediate course from age ten, to nurture such talent...」

Huh? It would be a waste to simply teach them. Now that it's come to this, wouldn't it be more interesting to make it more full-scale?

「Then, how about issuing a certificate to those who learn in each course and achieve grades above a certain level? We can issue a decree stating that the Demon Territory Dukedom will preferentially hire those who receive certification, and recruit applicants. In addition, we could offer the privilege of studying abroad at the academy in the Royal Capital at public expense to outstanding individuals who graduate from the intermediate course.」

If the study abroad system gets on track, a certain number of international students from the Demon Territory Dukedom will always be enrolling in the academy in Kairal in the future. If that happens, Karin won't be lonely at the academy either. At the very least, there will be people at the academy she has learned together with since childhood.

Creating a large-scale school organization for the sake of one's daughter might seem like the height of being a doting parent to an outsider, but there are other objectives too. Exchanges with foreign nations will continue to increase, and securing personnel who can handle such situations will be necessary. Eventually, we could even invite teachers from various countries and produce personnel versed even in the etiquette of other nations... We should even keep in mind the prospect of a talent placement agency, introducing excellent personnel to various nobles.

「As a major premise, I'd like to open the doors even to commoners as long as they have the aspiration, regardless of their social standing, and make it so that top performers can study entirely free of charge. We already have a completely free school set up separately, so I think it would be better to differentiate the entrance examinations and tuition fees.」

Yes, making it completely free broadens the base, but it also drops the level. Moreover, since it is an educational institution aiming for professional careers, it would be troublesome if people came treating it as an extension of play, and above all, it will be the school where Karin, Renka, and Hanano will attend.

「Then we will incorporate Takuhir-sama's ideas and, first of all, think over the plan with everyone and compile a proposal. I am thinking of consulting His Excellency Klein regarding the dispatch of instructors. Would that be alright?」

That's right. As long as it's not me consulting him, it should be fine. If it were me, there's a chance I'd be approached with various political deals, and it sounds like it would turn into a troublesome matter.

「I don't mind. However, could you handle it under the premise that it is not my idea, but rather an initiative spearheaded by Yuka and the others? To prevent unnecessary meddling, you know.」

「「「「「Yes!」」」」」

This family meeting progressed in an unexpected direction, but with Karin's matter settled amicably anyway, I patted my chest in relief.

Then, finishing up a rough draft within a few days, the girls proceeded to negotiate directly with Grand Duke Klein—who was staying in the Demon Territory Dukedom for sightseeing after safely fulfilling his great mission as a Special Envoy—and secured promises for the dispatch of instructors and the provision of curriculums from the academy.

And one year later, a specialized educational institution for learning etiquette and reception will be born, featuring three courses: an elementary course and an intermediate course in Kusanagi, and a fully residential advanced course in Teigoon. Aiming to become an institution that introduces and dispatches personnel not only within the Demon Territory Dukedom but also to the Kingdom of Kyle and other foreign nations in the future...

 -----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>