[WN] Sweet Herb Laboratory : 70


Antidote 3

Four days later. The antidote worked, and everyone, except for the severely ill patients, was discharged from the hospital.

Since everyone apparently lives near the clinic, the plan is for them to rest at home while coming in for daily visits for a while.

In the end, Ashren-sama and I stayed and slept at the clinic until today.

Blake-san came to inform us that Prince Elliot had apparently taken the medicine and recovered by the next day. Blake-san has already traveled back and forth between the villa and the clinic many times for us.

In the meantime, between writing report letters to his parents, listening to Prince Elliot's complaints, and being swayed by his selfishness, he has completely lost weight. But there is also one piece of good news. The root of all evil, Prince Elliot, departed for the royal capital the day before yesterday.

Apparently, he is going to have a large clinic in the royal capital examine him just in case. I brushed off the fact that there were no words of gratitude or apology, thinking that it was, in a sense, only natural for him.

「What should we do?」

「Since this morning, symptoms that seem to be side effects have been appearing in the patients. It is not a matter of life and death, but we have to think of a way to deal with it.」

Two-thirds of the people who took the medicine have complained of a stuffy nose. That being said, it seems to be about the level of an early-stage cold, and there are no worrisome symptoms like fever, headache, or nausea. While I was relieved that it wasn't a severe symptom, I would like to stay a little longer and observe their progress.

「If it is a remedy, I can suggest a few. Shall we return to the villa now and make it?」

「Hmm, we've stayed in the Hadren territory longer than planned. There is also the matter of the book my brother asked for, so I'll stay behind and make it; it would be best if you, Layla, returned alone. There are medicinal herbs and experimental tools here too, but not to the extent of the laboratory. Will you return and make a few reagents for me, Layla? Though perhaps by the time you make them, they might have healed naturally.」

「Understood. Then I will prepare so I can depart in the afternoon.」

Gray and his wife, who were being discharged today, came over to us talking in the corner of the hospital room to express their thanks.

「Your wife seems to be sniffling; is she alright?」

「Our house is close to the clinic, so if there is a sudden change, we will come immediately. Thanks to you, our physical condition has completely recovered. I am so sorry that the apple pie I made caused such a thing.」

「Ashren-sama, Layla-sama, I am truly sorry for this incident. Thanks to you, not only my wife but also our friends and their families have gotten well. Thank you very much.」

「I am glad. Besides, no one blamed you, Gray, so please don't let it weigh on your mind.」

Although he had been encouraged by the people who fell ill, Gray still seemed to care about it and looked downcast.

「This incident was an unfortunate accident that happened by chance. Moreover, the fact that we were able to develop an antidote for Bareinurake disease is huge. There are side effects, but if we can clear that problem, it will be revolutionary. Anyway, I am also relieved that everyone recovered.」

Gray bowed his head many times, and the two of them left the clinic together.

Watching their retreating figures, Ashren-sama stretched with an "Ugh" and then looked at me and sighed.

「Even though we haven't done a single thing fitting of a pre-wedding trip, you are going back, Layla.」

「Shall I stay?」

「...No, because I have a few other things I want to do.」

Ashren-sama quickly averted his gaze. I have seen that face many times before. I narrowed my eyes and peered up at Ashren-sama from below.

「Are you plotting something again?」

「No, nothing.」

Letting out a sigh, he shrugged his shoulders as if it were nothing, but that makes it even more suspicious.

「This time, I will have you tell me properly. Ashren-sama, you always plot and act alone, but I am your fiancée, you know.」

「Saying I plot makes it sound bad. Right, then if you do something fitting of a fiancée, I will tell you.」

「What might that be?」

When I tilted my head, thinking I was behaving appropriately enough as a fiancée, Ashren-sama deepened his smile. Ah, this is the type of thing I shouldn't pry too deeply into. Even though I thought that...

「For example, you kissing me, Layla?」

Being told something so outrageous calmly right by my ear, I froze stiff. Even though I shook my head with a bright red face, wondering how it came to that, Ashren-sama only deepened his smile.

「W-Why does it come to that? Besides, in here...」

Yes, this is a hospital room. When I appealed with my eyes, he swiftly pulled the curtain between the beds closed with a sha!

「Yeah. Now there's no problem.」

「I think there is a huge problem.」

The energetic-sounding laughter of a little girl could be heard through the curtain. With that voice behind him, Ashren-sama approached me.

...After that, having planted a kiss on his cheek with a bright red face after many rounds of offense and defense, Ashren-sama, though looking slightly dissatisfied, told me what he was planning to do.

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

-


[Gold]

B random

Nepheos


[Silver]

Corey Hicks

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Jake Seagraves

Matthew Fraser

Tbaum56


[Bronze]

Baelee

Christopher Feliciano

Ctdela

Curious Panda

nick nasca

SD Fox

Taylor King

Z


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>