Friday, August 30, 2024

[LN] Dragon Chain Ori : Volume 4 Side Story 3


Volume 4 Side Story 3

An Elf's Request



Translator : PolterGlast



Flip, flip... flip. In the early summer sun, I, Shina Juliel, finished reading the book I had borrowed from the library and sipped a cup of warm tea. The place is a café facing the main street of the commercial district.

 

"Fu... fufu~!"

 

As I ruminate over the contents of the book I just read, I can't help but smile, surrendering to the pleasant fatigue that comes after finishing a good book. People passing by seemed to stop and look at me, but I remained oblivious, lost in thought about the story I had just read.

It was a romance novel. A story about an awkward protagonist who meets a demihuman heroine who has drifted into a certain town and, after many twists and turns, they end up together.

It was an ordinary story, something that could be dismissed as a cheap novel. But for some reason, I was so engrossed in it that I lost track of time.

In the past, I never used to read books just for enjoyment like this. I had been desperately trying to acquire knowledge, like a cornered beast, in order to reclaim my homeland, to become stronger, and to restore my connection with the spirits that I had lost. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever come out to a crowded street like this before.

As I was thinking about this, I spotted a particular figure among the people walking down the street.

 

(Ah...)

 

I almost let out a voice. He seemed to have noticed me, and although he looked momentarily surprised, he came over to me anyway.

 

"Good afternoon, Shina-san. What are you doing in a place like this?"

"Good afternoon, Nozomu-kun. I was just reading a book."

 

In front of me was the person I wanted to see the most. Perhaps because I was aware of my feelings for him, my voice seemed to be a little higher.

 

"Why don't you sit down?"

"Well then, excuse me..."

 

As he sat across from me, I suppressed my nervousness and started chatting about trivial things.

I took another sip of the warm tea. Perhaps it was just my imagination, but it tasted much better than before.

 

(Come to think of it, Mimuru mentioned it before. Even the same food tastes different depending on who you're with...)

 

In my mind, I recalled the soup I was served at his master's hut after escaping from the Abyss Grief. At the time, I was cornered, so I don't remember what it tasted like. Remembering that little regret, a good idea came to my mind.

 

"Nozomu-kun, what are you going to do after this?"

"I'll go back to the dorm and prepare dinner, I guess?"

"Oh, that's perfect. If you'd like, would you like to eat together?"

"Huh?"

 

It's a good opportunity, so I'll have him make it again. Alright, let's do it. And then I can serve him something while I'm at it...

 

"If we cook together, it'll be faster. Actually, Mimuru eats quite a lot, so we need a lot of food. I'd be happy if you could help me..."

"Um... Okay, sure."

 

Although he seemed a little hesitant, I couldn't help but inwardly clench my fist when I heard his approval. Incidentally, I was so embarrassed that I completely forgot that the girls' dormitory was off-limits to boys, and Raz and Mimuru laughed at me.

 

After that, the three of us had no choice but to go to Ox-Head Pavilion and borrow the kitchen. The soup he made for us was... as expected, very warm, and had a nostalgic taste.


-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

Aiden Elliott

Edgar M

Konstantinos Frietchen

Max Kneifel

sergioalf2 .

Swagaraga


[Gold]

B random

DavidA


[Silver]

blue shooting

CoolmanMTD

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Matzar1

Pristia


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Ctdela

Curious Panda


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----


<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me