Thursday, June 17, 2021

[Teaser] DCO Chapter 4 Part 10

 

TEASER CHAPTER 4 PART 10


Consciousness awakens slowly.

My hazy field of vision gradually regained its color, and it became possible to see what was in front vaguely.

A highway illuminated by the light of stars floating in the night sky. A simple road covered with gravel and overgrown grass on the sides of the roads.

When I noticed, I was back on the road leading from the forest to the outer edge of Arcazam.

Perhaps I thought it was unpleasant to be in the pool of blood where the corpses were scattered around, so I unknowingly came back to Arcazam.

To be honest, I was relieved that I wasn't heading to shishō's hut. I didn't want shishō to see my current unsightly appearance.

At the same time, I feel disgusted towards myself who has such an idea. My face naturally becomes distorted, it turns my face dirty with blood and mud into an even uglier one.

 

(I ran away again …………)

 

The truth pointed by Ken.

I didn't want to admit it, I didn't want to think about it, I just exerted my power with my own fury.

I covered my heart by breaking whatever I saw. By taking the lives in front of me.

But that didn't change anything.

To shut myself inside my shell or to break everything I see.

Even if what I did was different, but the underlying essence was exactly the same.

 

(Nothing has changed ... ever since I was dumped by Lisa ... nothing ...)

 

The inside of my head was messy.

Everything gets mixed up and I can't think of anything because of the shame and disgust towards myself, who run away by exerting power so easily.

Still, my body keeps moving forward. My mind and body were completely separated.

Without knowing where to go, I walked with a staggering and unconscious gait like a ghost.

Without even knowing the destination …….

 

=================================== 

 

 

Iris' POV

 

"Haa ........."

 

After taking a bath, I was watching the starry night sky on the balcony of my mansion.

The night breeze blows, and even though it is spring, the cold air takes away the heat of my burning body.

However, no matter how much I soothe my body, the feeling that the inside of my chest was being hard pressed did not disappear at all.

 

I think about him.

Recently, without realizing it, I started thinking about him.

In the morning, when I'm grooming in front of the mirror.

When I'm taking a lecture at the school.

When I'm training in the mansion.

When I'm eating.

Even when I was taking a bath earlier, he was in my head.

And even now.

Support Me