Tuesday, July 11, 2023

[LN] Dragon Chain Ori : Volume 2 Short Stories


Volume 2 Short Stories

 


Translator : PolterGlast



The Beginning of Irisdina's Love of Dogs

 

As the next head of the Francilt family, it is absolutely necessary for me to broaden my horizons.

Today I was invited to visit the plateau on one of the Francylt family's territories. The altitude is relatively high, and the land is rocky and unsuitable for farming.

 

"What do you think, milady?"

"Well, there aren't any fields or anything of the sort here, but I can see that the people here don't seem to be minding it at all......"

"Yes, it is true that they cannot grow crops here, but they can get abundant wool from their livestock breeding. Wool is the backbone of the wool industry. Therefore, they earn a modest but reasonable income."

 

As an attendant and educator, my maid told me, the sheep were gathered all over the meadow, forming a white colony everywhere.

 

"It looks like it's time to put them back in their pen."

 

At that moment, a number of black dots, smaller than the sheep, appeared from the shadows of the hills.

 

"They are livestock ranchers and their sheepdogs. Their lives have always revolved around their dogs."

 

The dogs jumped into the herd of sheep that were relaxing in the meadow.

A large sheepdog circles around the entire herd of sheep, keeping an eye out for foreign enemies, while a medium-sized dog leads the sheep as they whirl about.

 

"Amazing ...... it is as if they are moving the clouds."

 

A painting on a green canvas. The sight of the sheep, the dogs, and the people, who are supposed to be of different species, fascinatingly surprised and excited me.

 

"I wish I could have brought Somia along to show her ......"

"Well, that's true. So please remember it properly. Then we can tell Somiriana-ojōsama later......"

*Waun!*

"Eh?"

 

Before I knew it, there was an angel in the shape of a puppy at my feet. No, since I already have an angel named Somia, I should call this child a fairy. Round eyes, fluffy body, and an adorable gaze.

When I gently picked her up, I could feel the warmth that is unique to puppies.

At this moment, my decision was made in an instant.

 

"...... I'll take this child home with me."

"Leave her here."

 

The puppy was immediately taken away and sent back to its parents.

Ah, wait! At least let me hold her a little longer~~!

 

 

 

The Victim and the Root of All Evil

 

"Okay, I guess this is enough."

 

After finishing cleaning Shishō's hut, I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

It had been about a month since Shishō had passed away.

I had been visiting her hut regularly to clean it.

Even though I knew that no one lived there anymore, it was a place that held a certain amount of fond memories for me.

And despite the fact that I know it is inevitable that the place will eventually be swallowed up by the forest and fade into oblivion, I still want to take care of it while I can.

 

"Then again, there have been more and more demonic beasts approaching this hut lately. Before, they hardly ever came near it because there was Shishō here......"

 

Three Wild Dogs lie at my feet with their heads cut off.

They had attacked me while I was cleaning up and were probably outcasts that had been driven out of their pack and wandered into here.

It's a common occurrence in this forest, and they probably decided to make this area their territory now that Shishō is gone.

 

"Demonic beasts, huh? Come to think of it, I've had a lot of bad experiences as part of my training......"

 

Thinking back to the past, I reminisced about the demonic beasts that had pounced on me during my training.

That time, too, I was suddenly attacked by a demonic beast,...... No, it wasn't actually a demonic beast that attacked me.

As I was thinking about such things, my thoughts went back to the past.

 

 

"Uwaaaa!"

 

I run through the Spasim Forest while screaming shamelessly.

 

*Gichigichi……!* *Guooou, guoo~oo~o~ou!*

"Why are you coming this way!? Get away from me! Don't chase after me!"

*Gugya, gugyau!, Gu~, gu~*

 

*Thump-thump*, *thud-thud*, *rumble-rumble*.

The spine-tingling roars and footsteps that could easily turn a human into minced meat. I moved my cramping legs frantically, screaming at the goblins running right behind me, its face contorted in a frenzy.

Behind the goblins, there were many other powerful beasts such as Direwolves and Einherjar Horse Spiders, which are among the strongest in this forest, following in a line.

It was clearly an odd sight considering it was a hunt for demonic beasts. The culprit of this situation was .......

 

"Come on, Nozomu, how long are you going to keep running away!?"

 

It was a mountain old hag who was chasing behind them at the end of the line, pulling out her katana and swinging it around. That old hag, saying she was doing it for my training, had gathered up all the demonic beasts in the vicinity of the hut and made them rush toward me!

 

"Haa, haa, haa! Don't be ridiculous! There's no way I can slip through such a crowd of demonic beasts with [Flash Step]!"

 

My lungs hurt! I can't move my legs! I'm at my limit!

Shishō said that it was for my training to acquire a technique that would allow me to freely maneuver the trajectory of [Flash Step], but even if that were the case, it would be too reckless! Someone, please knock some common sense into that person!

 

"That's why, if you do as I teach you, you can do it! Just hurry up! If you can't do it, you'll be trampled by the march of the demonic beasts!"

 

Here goes nothing! I turned around and activated my [Flash Step]. Heading toward the goblin, I ducked and .......

 

"Buh!"

 

The wolf that jumped in front of me collided head-on with me and sent me flying into the air. As it was, I got swallowed by the march of the demonic beasts.

Ah, I am dead. I stopped thinking while shedding tears at the world's cruelty, but my body was desperately avoiding the trampling of the oncoming demonic beasts.

Alas, my body had already been trained better than my spirit.

 

"Failure, huh... one more time!"

 

Such a merciless sentence befell me, who somehow managed to survive.

I shouted every kind of abusive word I could think of while Shishō went in search of her next prey.

As a result, the number of demonic beasts pursuing me increased. Damn it!

 

 

That's what happened.

Yes, the scariest thing was not the demonic beasts. It was the demon hag, who was worse than the demonic beasts.

After that, I managed to survive several group assaults by demonic beasts, and I managed to use [Flash StepCurved Movement].

 

"I remembered something unpleasant......"

 

I wiped the cold sweat from my face as I disposed of the dead Wild Dogs.

I still have to clean Shishō's grave, but I feel strangely tired.

My legs are heavy ....... Can I go home now?

 

[Oi, you foolish disciple, get on with it!]

 

I wonder why, I think I just heard some strange voices.......

I feel like it's going to haunt me, but the next thing I know, the sun is about to set. I had to dispose of the demonic beast that had attacked me, and it seems that a lot of time had passed more than I thought it would.

Well, I guess I'll have to clean up Shishō's grave tomorrow. I should also sell the materials I had dismantled from the demonic beasts, so let's go back to town for today.

As I made my way home, I was chased by a swarm of demonic beasts that reminded me of that time.

That old hag has really come back to haunt me!

While running around, I had to deal with each and every one of the demonic beasts that came charging out.

Fortunately, the monsters that were chasing me naturally all scattered by the time I reached Arcazam. Probably, they thought it was safer to eat the demonic beasts I had defeated than to target me.

For a while after that, there were fewer demonic beasts approaching the hut, which made me even more anxious.

 

This hut is not cursed, is it?

 

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

Aiden Elliott

Kcx1

KevinP

Swagaraga


[Gold]

Godman gaming

Hikari Ashta


[Silver]

CoolmanMTD

Glasses Kun

Mateo

ONEEYED_SLOTH


[Bronze]

Alden H

Anton Lim

Curious Panda

Danial Azman

Matzar1

Стас Удрис



Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----


<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>

 

Support Me