Friday, October 20, 2023

[LN] Dragon Chain Ori : Volume 3 Afterword


Volume 3

Afterword


Finally, the third volume is out!

That being said, thank you very much for picking up this book, following the previous two volumes!

And at the same time, allow me to apologize. Sorry for making you wait――――!

It has been more than a year since we released the second volume. Well, it really made me realize how lacking I am.

I received a lot of negative feedback on the web version of the third volume, and the amount of text in the third volume was clearly not suitable for a book version, so I thought it was necessary to do more revision than ever before.

Therefore, I decided to dismantle the entire web version and rewrite it. I carried out a rewrite. Specifically, I tried to reduce the text from over 400,000 words to 200,000 words, after adding new elements of course.

Originally, I had done the same thing for the previous two volumes, but this time I put a lot more effort into the third one.

Adjusting the story, introducing new characters, adding new elements, changing the roles of the characters, and making the necessary milestones and various modifications along the way. Partly due to the sheer size of the original web version, as a result, the process was even more difficult than the previous two volumes ......

In addition, rewriting a story that has already been written once means that you have to accept your own mistakes in your own writing, and this was very hard for me. I always wondered whether I did the correct approach or not.

And I am basically the type of person who, once I start working on one thing, I don't pay attention to anything else.

The combination of these factors put me in a slump!

I knew from experience that when people succumb to illness, they succumb to it easily, but it was a typical man's move to fall into the same mistake again.

 

Well, let's put my failure story aside ...... Volume III is the chapter where the protagonist tries to face his past again.

In the first volume, he realizes his escapism, and in the second volume, he is given the courage and the opportunity to try again.

Naturally, it is not going to be an easy ride, and the emotions he has been holding back erupt and explode in a big way. As a result, he sparks fires all over the place, and his friends become agitated.

However, it is precisely because of these conflicts that the things we have built up shine through. It is with this feeling that I wrote this book.

 

Once again, how was Volume III?

I hope it has enriched your reading life, even if only for a moment.

I would also like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience to everyone involved in this book.

Thank you very much to Sime-sama for drawing the illustrations again, which are as wonderful as ever!

I would also like to thank Mr. N, the editor, who worked with me on this volume on behalf of Mr. S, who was in charge of this volume, and who also caused me the most trouble this time.

I would also like to thank the proofreaders who looked over the manuscript, and the people at Ichijinsha who worked so hard in various areas such as advertising and publicity, for giving me the opportunity to present this immature work to the world three times.

And to Mr. Antique who drew the manga version. Thank you very much for your hard work on all three volumes.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in this book.

Next, I will work hard on the fourth volume .......


<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me