Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Can a Mob Highschooler be a Normie: Chapter 82

 

Mob Kousei No Ore Demo Boukensha Ni Nareba Riajuu Ni Naremasuka: Chapter #82

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

 

 

 

Episode 82: Is the Desire Sensor Real or Not?

 

 

 

 The players exiting the Tokyo Dome were divided into two camps: one made up of nearly 70% of the total, and the other made up of about 30%.

 

 The former rushed to the ocean dungeon and the latter to the train station.

 

 The reason why most of them chose the ocean dungeon was because they did not want to risk losing the almost one-hour round trip to the underground dungeon (a difference of about 30 minutes to be exact), and also because they knew that they would be making a profit in this race if they could obtain the Viville Diamonds.

 

 If they could get the Viville Diamond, which fetches starting from 100 million yen apiece, they would have enough profit to retire from the race at that point.

 

 Even for those who do not have the physical strength to run through all three dungeons, it is not impossible to run through only one dungeon at full speed.

 

 There were also the people who viewed it as two birds with one stone, as they would be able to reach their goal of 600 stars by finishing first in the race and with the Viville Diamonds.

 

 On the other hand, those who chose the latter were mostly those who wanted to pick up even a small profit from the Carbuncle Garnet, and they were either soloists or groupists.

 

 The soloists who were confident of their own abilities seemed to be taking the former, while the groups seemed to be dividing their members 50-50 between the ocean and the underground dungeon.

 

 I, who had observed the process while running at the back of the pack, jumped on my Flying Carpet and flew to the station.

 

 I chose the underground dungeon, where time was to be lost, simply because there were fewer people.

 

 If there had been fewer people heading to the ocean dungeon, I would have chosen that one.

 

 Regardless of the type of dungeon or last-minute rule changes, I basically chose the one with the fewest number of people for the first dungeon. ...... That was the strategy that everyone in the Adventurers' Club had come up with.

 

 With the other players looking up at me as I flew overhead on my Flying Carpet, I took a shortcut through the sky and was the first to go through the station ticket gates, making it just in time to slip onto the train.

 

 I felt I had a one-train lead, and I inwardly pumped my fist at the frustrated looks of those who had missed the train by a hair's breadth.

 

 I arrived at the Dungeon Mart where the underground dungeon was located first, and the program staff awaited me in a tent in the safe zone of the first level.

 

"Good morning! Please promptly touch your Card Gear to this terminal here."

 

 When I made the Card Gear touch it as I was told, the number 10 was engraved in the upper right corner of the 3D image of the Card Gear.

 

"That is the number of stars that are in your possession. Now that Kitagawa-san's Card Gear has been linked to the management computer, please be careful not to mistake it for another player's Card Gear."

 

So now there is no danger of other players physically stealing my stars while I am sleeping.

 

 Well, I still need to have my cards kept an eye on, though.

 

"Well then, all the best to you!"

 

 With the staff's encouragement behind me, I first summoned my cards. The members were Renge, Eliza, Yuki, Suzuka, Dullahan, and Silky the maid master.

 

 Immediately, Eliza, who had equipped Dullahan, summoned the jet-black carriage, Koshta Bawar, and we all climbed aboard.

 

"--I'm counting on you, Eliza, Silky."

 

"Yes, Master. Leave it to me."

 

"Rest assured that I will cover any mistakes made by the novice maid."

 

"Thank you very much, Sensei."

 

 Silky, the maid master, nodded confidently.

 

 ......This was the reason why I chose her as one of the six cards for the summoning slot.

 

 The [Maid Master] skill would offset any fatal mistakes caused by Dullahan's negative skill.

 

 Yes, Eliza learned a new skill in a short time in the past week.

 

 

 

 

[Race] Vampire (Eliza)

[Combat Power] 840 (MAX!)

 

[Inborn Skills]

• Plaster of Blood

• Monsters of the Night

• Intermediate Attack Magic

 

[Acquired skills]

Absolute obedience

Multiple Skills: Novice maid (NEW!), musical performances, trap disarming, martial arts...etc.

(Novice maid: Has the minimum skills required to be a maid. Occasionally fails. Random weak negative compensation for certain actions. Cooking, cleaning, sexual skill, and etiquette are included.)

Pheromones

Ambush

Quiet mind → Clear mind (CHANGE!): Clear mind without any evil thoughts. It nullifies mental abnormalities and greatly improves one's ability to think.

Shield of Devotion

Precision movement

Intermediate Auxiliary Magic → Advanced Auxiliary Magic (CHANGE!)

Magic Enhancement

Chant shortening

Intuition

Finn's Thumb (NEW!): Finn's Thumb: By holding the thumb in their mouth, they can greatly improve their thinking ability. They can also turn water scooped with both hands into healing water. The potency of the healing water is comparable to that of middle potion + refresh magic.

 

 

 

 

 In addition to learning [Novice Maid] skill, [Quiet mind] had been upgraded to [Clear mind] and [intermediate Auxiliary Magic] changed to [Advanced Auxiliary Magic].

 

 Even though she possessed half of the maid skills (sexual skill and etiquette), the fact that she was able to acquire [Maid] skill in such a short time was probably due to her accumulated experience in cooking and cleaning up at the camp, the hellish work given to her by Silky over the past week, and above all, her motivation and hard work.

 

 In celebration of Eliza's successful acquisition of the [Maid] skill, I gave her Fintan1 and she acquired the [Finn's Thumb].

 

 With this, she now had healing/recovery skill in addition to having blood regeneration.

 

 With high resistance to abnormal status, auxiliary magic, and self-healing, she is a perfect example of a durable guard.

 

 At any rate, Eliza's growth had been remarkable.

 

 In addition to her strong inherent qualities, Silky's teaching and versatile skills helped her to improve her skill acquisition efficiency, but the speed and growth rate of this skill acquisition was extraordinary, to say the least.

 

 ...... Perhaps something was beginning to blossom within her.

 

——Eliza, next, turn right.

 

Yes, Master.

 

 The carriage that we rode in was going through the passageway at a high speed because it was an underground dungeon type where enemies do not appear.

 

 Because it floated slightly above the ground, it passed through most of the traps activated by stepping on the switches, and it also passed through the occasional trap that reacts to presence and sends out arrows and other objects because this Koshta Bawar blocked our presence. The only trap we could not avoid was the one that sensed life force and activated an attack, but Eliza, who had sensed the trap in advance, took care of it with her [Shield of Devotion].

 

 Only the door to the smaller section of the dungeon and the traps set there required Eliza to stop the carriage and disarm them, but even so, our party was moving through the dungeon at the fastest speed imaginable.

 

 According to Yuki's scanning, the other players were far behind.

 

 It was completely me alone.

 

 I wanted to make as much progress as possible within an hour before the judgment of contact with the other players was open......, while thinking of that, I arrived at the first hint point.

 

 What's more...! Carbuncle is there too!

 

...... Could it be that the hint point is superimposed on Carbuncle's quarters? No, I don't think so. It is impossible to put the hint point in the same place as Carbuncle, who runs away as soon as they see someone. It must be just a coincidence.

 

 Immediately, I had Yuki restrain the Carbuncle and had Dullahan finish it off. Strengthening Dullahan, who was almost completely unreinforced, was a top priority.

 

 As for the golden disappointment box that appeared.......

 

Renge, how is it?

 

Hmm... so, so. It might not be a miss.

 

I see... save the good fortune, then.

 

Got it.

 

 The good fortune meant for the golden disappointment, which was supposed to generate a decent haul, was repressed and put into savings.

 

 Naturally, I can't have much high hopes for what's inside it ----, but to my surprise, the content was a yellow skill orb.

 

......Since I saved my good fortune, there's a good chance this is a negative skill orb.

 

Yeah. If you hadn't saved up luck, it might have been a positive skill orb.

 

A miss, huh? Well, it can't be helped. Let's leave this one alone.

 

 Without taking the skill orb, I retrieved the Carbuncle Garnet and left the scene.

 

 If the following players use this at one point or another, I would feel a little sorry for them, but ...... well, it can't be helped.

 

Now, for the hint. Let's look at the checkpoint hint added to my Card Gear.

 

Number3。x146、y626】

 

...... Hmm. I'm not sure what the 'Number' is, but the 'x' and 'y' are probably the coordinates in the dungeon.

 

I don't think it's directly the checkpoint's location, so I guess it's ...... pattern B.

 

 Pattern B referred to one of several patterns that Teacher used to determine the checkpoints of the mock race.

 

 This pattern was based on connecting the coordinates of four hint points with lines, and the center point of the intersection of the two lines was the checkpoint.

 

 There was no particularly complicated puzzle to solve like the other patterns, but it was necessary to collect all the hints because the detailed location could not be determined without collecting all four clues.

 

 AKA, the Pirate King method.

 

 Okay, we've collected the hint for this floor.......

 

Eliza, Clairvoyance.

 

Yes, Master.

 

 When Eliza used an advanced auxiliary magic, [Clairvoyance], the structure of this floor appeared in my mind.

 

 [Clairvoyance] is magic that allows one to perceive the structure of the floor they are in for a certain amount of time.

 

 Normally, this magic is of little value because map information can be purchased from the Guild, but it is essential in B-rank dungeons, where even the Guild does not handle much information, and in secret dungeons, where maps are not sold in the first place.

 

 If Eliza had not grown to reach the [Advanced Auxiliary Magic], this race would have been very tough.

 

 Unlike the [Maid] skill, the rank up to [Advanced Auxiliary Magic] was not the result of a targeted effort, so this was indeed very lucky.

 

 The subplan was for me to collect as many Clairvoyant cards as possible, and the other was to rely on Nike's [Advanced Auxiliary Magic], which required me to ignore all hint points and go as far as I could within her summoning time limit, then use Hamelin's flute to go back through the floors after the time limit expired, and then collect the hints........

 

 The former method would have cost me a lot of money and the latter method would have lost me a lot of time, so it was really helpful that Eliza learned [Advanced Auxiliary Magic].

 

 If anything, Eliza was too busy being helpful, as Dullahan + Eliza handled the transportation, Eliza dealt with the traps, and Eliza grasped the mapping.

 

If Eliza ended up Lost in the middle of this, we're screwed......

 

 Thinking about it, using her in a battle with other players might be a bit of a problem.

 

Still, I can't remove her from the main guard role.......

 

 As I pushed forward with this in mind, we arrived at the hint point on the second floor.

 

 The enemies were just the usual Skeletons, Water slimes, and other small fry.

 

As expected, there is no such thing as a Carbuncle twice in a row, huh?

 

 We killed the enemies instantly and got the hint, this time it said Number 2。x-246、y-634】.

 

......It's definitely the type that connects the four dots. So now I know it's somewhere along this straight line, but the problem is the first cipher. Maybe it's a password or something.......

 

 On the way to the next floor, we encountered a Carbuncle again.

 

 This is good... I'm not actively looking for them, but I'm genuinely happy to run into them this way.

 

 I let Dullahan take care of it again and save my good luck rather than using it for the disappointment box. Inside was a low potion. It's a bit of a waste, but I use it to heal a sting wound I got earlier.

 

 We reached the third floor, but no one had caught up to us yet.

 

 In fact, the distance between me and the second-place player was gradually increasing.

 

 Yes, after all, the combination of Koshta Bawar + [Trap Disarming] + [Clairvoyance] is unfair. As expected of Eliza. It's no exaggeration to say that Eliza is the one who carries our party's dungeon attack.

 

Still, the fact that I couldn't completely shake this second player off meant that this guy must also have the means to move and figure out the map. .... Or they knew my track and were tracing it.

 

Either way, this guy is someone to watch out for.

 

 The hint I found here wasNumber1。x-982、y-342】, and I didn't encounter any Carbuncles along the way.

 

 Fourth floor. Here my party was able to bump into Carbuncle three times before reaching the hint point. I was quite lucky. By the way, I didn't use up any good fortune or manipulate fate with Renge. It was pure coincidence. Like that, Dullahan and Silky's combat power had grown to the max. The clue was Number4。x945、y22】.

 

 And so we finally reached the fifth floor, where the checkpoint was located. It took about 30 minutes to get to here. It was close to my best time. It was about time for the one-hour no-engagement time to be over. From this point on, I would have to be even more mindful of the distance between me and the other players.

 

 The checkpoint was a tent placed on a perfectly ordinary passageway.

 

 I tried to get inside but was strangely unable to open the entrance, as if it was warded.

 

 Then, a voice called out to me from inside,

 

" ---- Please enter the password into your Card Gear."

 

 I did as I was told and typed in 'a (), chi (), ha (), i ()2'.

 

"Please come in."

 

 I was welcomed into the tent. Inside I found a program staff member who looked like an adventurer wearing body armor, a Nekomata card, and a Gremlin.

 

 I looked at the Gremlin for a moment and became wary.

 

"Ah, please don't worry. This is my card, so everything is fine. Please understand that it is for high-speed checking of the camera eye's image."

 

"Ah, yes."

 

 Although Gremlins were notorious for destroying machines, there was another side to them: as electronic spirits, they could manage data and the like. For better or worse, they are the most modern monsters.

 

"Well then, please answer the questions I'm about to ask without lying. ...Have you committed any dishonesty along the way here?"

 

"......No."

 

"----Okay! Thank you! Now, after you have touched your Card Gear to the crystal, please resume the race."

 

"Ah, yes."

 

 I leave the tent, wondering if that was all.

 

 Hum... While I stopped at the checkpoint, the second-place guy was closing the distance a little bit. And the third guy was catching up to be on the same floor.

 

This pressure, is a little uncomfortable......

 

 Thinking this, I resumed the race.

 

 ————About two hours later. I had reached the twenty-first floor.

 

 Up until this point, I had encountered a total of 14 Carbuncles and obtained garnets.

 

 It was probably thanks to Renge's blessing that I could meet them so smoothly, even though I was not particularly searching around for them.

 

 In the meantime, I had continued to save up my good fortune of the disappointment box, so I was able to accumulate a great deal of good fortune.

 

 As for time, we have continued to maintain the best possible time.

 

 To be honest, I did not expect things to go so smoothly.

 

 According to our preliminary simulations at the Adventurers' Club, it was expected that I would have to fight at least three battles before reaching the 20th floor, even if I avoided battles with other adventurers.

 

 The reason this didn't happen was that the Flying Carpet allowed me to get on the train one train ahead of the others, and from there I was able to maintain my solo lead, and many of the other people in the lead group chose to avoid combat.

 

 ----But I guess that's as far as the smoothness goes.

 

 From this point on, the enemies became D-rank monsters, and I could not kill them in an instant as I had done so far.

 

 Also, the other players would not allow me to be the first on the lowest floor.

 

 So far, their policy has been to avoid battle as much as possible, but from this point on, I am sure they will be aggressive in their tactics.

 

 Especially the stalker guy in second place, who stuck close behind me and wouldn't leave me.

 

 While the scent of the third place and below had changed, only this guy kept holding on to the second place.

 

 They held the position of being right behind me, obviously with a purpose.

 

 ---- It was five hours later that the other party made their move. It was when I arrived at the stairs leading to the twenty-fifth floor.

 

......! Master! The scent and presence of the second player have disappeared! And so is their card!

 

! They finally moved!

 

 The bastard, that guy was really trying to find the shortest route to the next floor by tracing me.

 

 Now that I knew the location of the last hint point, all that remained was the 25th-floor checkpoint.

 

 Since there have been checkpoints every five floors up until now, there will likely be no more hint points or checkpoints beyond this point.

 

 Since this was the last checkpoint, there was a high possibility that the next floor would be the lowest.

 

 If I were the show's producer, I would have made the lowest floor about one floor ahead of the last checkpoint.

 

 In other words, I'm no longer of any use to this second-place guy. Even that stalker probably has one or two of the Clairvoyant magic cards.

 

......The problem, is the timing.

 

 If I initiate at the wrong time, I'll only be outfoxed by the guy that follows me.

 

 ----The situation changed even more right after I passed the last checkpoint.

 

Master! The third and fourth places have made contact! It looks like they are going to duel!

 

They must have seen that the first place spot is mine and decided to crush each other.....!

 

If so, it's not good! If the second-place player is going to make a move on me, this is the only time they can do it!

 

 Since I've come this far, I have no choice but to glide onto the lowest floor before the second guy catches up to me.....!

 

 With that thought in mind, I headed for the stairs leading to the next floor, but——

 

"We meet at last!"

 

 A small room just before the stairs. Awaiting me there was a beautiful caucasian woman with short-cut red hair and blue eyes.

 

...So the stalker was a woman.

 

 I was surprised inwardly but I observed the other person thoughtfully.

 

 The first thing that caught my attention was her height, well over 180cm (5 feet 11 inches). Many foreign women are tall, but she was probably one of the tallest.

 

 It was not only her height that was great, but also her breasts. She was the first human being I had ever met who owned breasts larger than Ushikura-san's.

 

 I am not sure of her age due to the difference in race, but at a glance, she looked slightly older than me.

 

 She had a well-defined face, not too high nose, sharp jawline, and was a beautiful woman who seemed to be popular among Japanese people.

 

 Her face and chest looked familiar to me, too. I was sure that she was one of the recommended candidates for the race, and her name was Helen. Though she seemed to be about at least the tenth most popular because there was little information about her in advance.

 

 I got out of the carriage and confronted Helen.

 

"...I was supposed to be the first to pass the checkpoint, but how did you get ahead of me?"

 

"That's easy. I didn't go through the checkpoint, I just went straight here. Otherwise, I would not have been able to get here first."

 

 Helen answered in fluent Japanese. I wondered if she used magic items for translation or if she had been living in Japan for a long time.......

 

"But doesn't that mean that even if you beat me, you won't be able to get into the lowest floor?"

 

"I will pass through the checkpoint slowly after defeating you and leaving you stuck here for an hour."

 

"What if the third or fourth player takes advantage of the situation?"

 

"Don't worry, I'll beat them up along the way, too."

 

 She smiled smugly, and the Zashiki-warashi beside me chuckled with amusement,

 

"This guy has a cute face, but she's so reckless! Super funny!"

 

"Thank you. And you are a wonderful card, too."

 

 Helen smiled back at Renge's compliment. Her expression and demeanor revealed a certain confidence backed by her own experience. A premonition of a strong opponent ......

 

"Now, let's end the chitchat. Oh, of course, if you want to surrender, that's fine too."

 

"You must be kidding."

 

 Snorting, I chose 'fight' without hesitation.

 

 Then the input screen came up, asking me how many stars I wanted to bet with my Card Gear.

 

Now, what should I choose?

 

 There are generally four different ways to bet the stars. The four patterns are 'bet only one star', 'bet only three stars', 'bet all the stars leaving only one star', and 'all-in'.

 

 The first is to keep the risk to a minimum by limiting the number of cards in your hand to three. Although you will certainly be at a disadvantage in the battle, you can minimize your damage by simply surrendering as soon as you are in danger. This is the strategy that is better than merely choosing to flee.

 

 The second way is to aim for maximum return while minimizing risk. The reason for placing three stars for the bet instead of two is that you will be one star higher than your opponent who is trying to win with two stars against someone who bet only one star. There is also a possibility that the opponent will try to outwit you by betting four, but there is no end to the number of bets one can make, so you should just give up.

 

 The third is to leave only one star as a precaution against retiring from the race while aiming to win as hard as possible. The risk is high, but there's a high probability of winning the bet itself.

 

 The fourth betting strategy is just plain stupid. It is insane to play a game where you will retire from the race at the drop of a hat if you lose.

 

......But things are a little different in this situation.

 

 That was because neither of us had done any battle on the way here, and our star wouldn't have changed.

 

 Only in this situation, where it was highly likely that we both had only 10 stars, does 'all-in' emerge as a viable option.

 

 On that basis, I chose ---- the third, to go all-in with one star left.

 

No more bets!

 

 After we'd made our choices, the Card Gears made known the decisions.

 

Helen Brecke. 10 stars! All in!

 

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at that. All in, you're a bold one.......

 

 Helen saw the look on my face and grinned.

 

Utamaro Kitagawa. 11 stars!  Kitagawa WIN! Four cards can be summoned. Both players, please keep your summons within the stipulated number within one minute.

 

"Huh!?"

 

 The next moment, her eyes widened in shock.

 

"Cheat...... no! Right, Carbuncle Garnet!"

 

 Correct, I nodded.

 

 According to the rules,

 

Stars can be replenished for 2 million yen per star or a D-rank card. Stars can be purchased at the starting point and each checkpoint. However, the number of stars that can be replenished in this way is limited to 10 (if the number of stars owned is more than 10, replenishment is not possible).3

 

 The above were the details.

 

 What caught my attention here was that it was deliberately written 'in this way'. Furthermore, it was followed by a statement in parentheses that the number of stars owned cannot be more than 10.

 

 Instead, they could have just written, 'However, if the number of stars owned is 10 or more, it is not possible to replenish.' but the fact that they went to the trouble of writing 'in this way' in such a roundabout way was as if they were implying that there are other methods.

 

 Then there was the explanation of the Viville Diamond and the Carbuncle Garnet before the race started. This was already a definite confirmation, I would say.

 

 There was a possibility that they could only be exchanged after the finish line, but that would have made the race too dull. I can only believe that they wrote in the rules book that you can't buy more than ten stars and then added the exchange for garnets and diamonds on the day of the race in order to create this kind of surprise effect on your opponents.

 

 ...Even though I said it like this, I only noticed it because Oribe had told me beforehand that there is likely to be more than one way to get the stars and that I could actually obtain Carbuncle Garnets.

 

 When I got a few Carbuncle Garnets, it suddenly flashed in my mind, "Maybe I can exchange for stars beyond the limit of ten." So, I asked her about it at the following checkpoint, and I was able to exchange them without any problems.

 

 If she had gotten a garnet on the way, she might have been able to notice it, but she could neither meet a Carbuncle nor get a garnet, since she had been following my path.

 

 At the same time, it meant that her stars would not be more than ten. Therefore, as long as I secured 11 stars, I was almost certain to win.

 

"......I see, this was a blind spot. But, well, just because I'm at a slight disadvantage doesn't mean that the game's outcome is settled. ---- Come out, everyone."

 

 With Helen's call, the space behind her shook, and from it appeared a jet-black headless knight, a dog with dark green fur, and a dwarf knight about 20 centimeters tall.

 

...... Dullahan, Coosie, and the last one is ...... Deena Shee, I think? It is a rare card that does not appear very often in Japan, but it should be an insignificant E-rank card.

 

 Despite the powerful words, there was only one C-rank card, a D and an E-rank card, ...... which was honestly a bit of a letdown...

 

 As I thought that far, I realized,

 

"Wait, wait! Your Coosie is not a girl card! That's against the rules!"

 

"Hm? Oh! I see."

 

 Helen nodded in understanding at my protest.

 

"Coosie, transform," she said shortly.

 

At that moment, Coosie's body was enveloped in a pale light, and in no time, it transformed into a human form. When the light faded away, a beautiful woman with dog ears and dark green hair stood there, completely naked.

 

"Is this okay?"

 

".......--way"

 

No way...... it, transformed? It is true that a card that can transform into a girl's form, even if it is not a real girl card, can be accepted as one...... but Coosie has no such skill...... no, wait.

 

I see, it's possible that it's not a transformation skill, but an illusion or a disguise. If that's the case, it's within the range of what can be learned as a normal acquired skill. Of course, a skill that is only a facade, such as illusion, would not be accepted as a girl's card.

 

 Thinking this, I looked at Suzuka, but she just shook her head silently.

 

 The fact that she does not receive a reaction with [Deceit Detection] meant that ...... this was not just an illusion or a disguise, but that the Coosie had a proper human form.

 

Could it have succeeded some kind of inborn skill as an acquired skill?

 

 However, the transformation-oriented inborn skills, like the summoning of dependents (subordinates), cannot be carried over through rank-up -- maybe a type of skill that has not yet been confirmed....

 

It looks like Coosie, but it's not Coosie......? ...... No way!

 

 I gasped.

 

 Hurriedly, I checked Helen's cards.

 

That Dullahan ...... upon closer inspection, a faint black miasma rises from its entire body. The intimidating presence it gives off is far superior to that of my clumsy friend.

 

And that Deena Shee. It is absolutely ridiculous for a three-star adventurer to pull out an E-rank card in this situation. That would be the case, no matter how excellent the acquired skills they have.

 

Coosie with a transformation skill, Dullahan with black miasma, and the out-of-place E-rank card.......

 

No doubt, Helen's cards are--!

 

"Is it okay now? Even though it's just a card, I'm not sure about leaving the lady naked."

 

"...Ah, yes, sorry. Please..."

 

I bowed my head with haste. I was too absorbed in my thoughts. It ended up being as if I had been unreservedly ogling a beautiful, nude, animal-eared woman. The actual intention was not to do so, but it would have looked that way to the onlooker.

 

 Helen looked at me coldly as she returned Coosie to a beast form.

 

 …Looking at it again, it does seem more elegant and mysterious than the Coosie that I knew.

 

 It was hard to believe it was a D-rank card.

 

 As I feel my bad premonition turning into certainty, I send Silky and Suzuka back. The remaining members were Renge, Eliza + Dullahan, and Yuki.

 

""........................!""

 

 Both sides stared at each other silently, and the tension in the air grew.

 

One minute has passed. Please begin the match.

 

 ---- and the battle began.

 

 

***

 

Notes:

Salmon of knowledge, said to have been eaten by Finn McCool, that is believed to grant knowledge and wondrous powers to those who eat it.

あ、ち、は、い: All are written in basic hiragana syllables. It seemed to be deduced from the 3, 2, 1, 4 clues, but as non-Japanese, we didn’t quite get it... sorry

This is one of the supplementary rules

 



Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Please help us out and get Advanced Chapters on our Patreon!

Or you can keep our spirit up by buying us Coffee (人ゝω・)

 

 

 

 

 

Support Me