Monday, May 20, 2024

[LN] PAS : Volume 2 Interlude


Volume 2 Interlude



Translator : PolterGlast



The day after surviving a fierce battle, Nina Stingray was walking down the hallway leading to her classroom, dragging a body weighed down by extreme fatigue.

She spotted Jin walking lazily a little ahead of her, so her little mischievous spirit started to kick in.

After confirming that no one was around, Nina suddenly spoke to him from behind.

 

"Good morning, Jin!"

"...... Nina, eh? Good morning."

"Huh~, you don't look surprised at all ......."

 

She was expecting to see a panicked expression on his face, but Jin remained in his usual sluggish manner. Was he aware of my presence by the sound of my footsteps? Next time I do this, I'll have to do better .......

Jin asked her something, as if nothing had disturbed his mind,.

 

"Ah, by the way, Nina. Do you remember what you were saying about me at that time?"

"Hm? When exactly?"

"You see, when Emma caught you and tied you to a chair. It's been bothering me for a while."

"...... Ah~."

 

Nina, while forcibly controlling her cheeks with her facial muscles, tried her best to recall what she had said.

What did I say then, when I assumed that I was in a hopeless situation?

 

[...... What happened to Jin?]

[Where in the world is he!? How did you know about this room!?]

[Hey, tell me, ....... Jin is my accomplice, without him I am nothing, and he is my first-......]

 

My first, of what!?

What was I trying to say? What kind of embarrassing thing was I shamelessly trying to say, unaware that Jin was hiding nearby!?

Now it seemed that anything she said was going to make things worse, and Nina no longer had any choice but to take a last resort move.

 

"............ Are you sure you're not just hearing things?"

"Hmm?"

"I-I'm sure you're just hearing things!"

"Wait, Nina?"

 

For some reason, she couldn't seem to look at Jin's face any longer.

Nina increased her walking speed, forgetting how tired her body was. She passed her accomplice, who was standing there in a daze, looking down to avoid her burning face being seen.

Somehow, she made it to the classroom and, as usual, headed for Emma's side.

 

"Huh, what's wrong, Nina-chan? Do you have a fever?"

"I-It's nothing!"

 

As a spy of the Republic, she said that her memories were not transferred to the girl in front of her.

So she didn't know that Nina had almost made a careless remark. That was the biggest relief for her right now.

 

"I-It's kind of hot today."

"Huh, Nina-chan. You finally stopped using honorifics to me, huh?"

"......Ah~!"

 

Nina was ashamed of her own carelessness, but Emma, however, smiled gently at her.

There was no pursuit or bewilderment in her expression, only warm colors filled the depths of her eyes.

 

"It's definitely nicer this way! Somehow, I feel like I'm one step closer to Nina-chan now."

"D-Do you think so ......?"

"Yes. Let's keep it that way!"

 

It felt somewhat anticlimactic.

She accepted Nina for who she was, even if she wasn't desperately trying to arm herself with acting skills. From now on, she wanted to be more honest, at least when she was with Emma.

Even fraudsters need moments when they don't have to lie.

 

Just as Nina let out a sigh of relief, the bustle in the classroom suddenly stopped.

 

Even Jin's expression, who was walking up the stairs a little ahead of her, was clearly stiffening.

The eyes of all the students were fixed on the man who had somehow arrived in front of the blackboard.

 

"Nice to meet you, everyone. Oh, you don't have to be so nervous."

 

He is a tall, slender man dressed in a tight military uniform that seems to have been custom-made. He is a young man with fine eyebrows who exudes dignity in every aspect of his behavior and facial expression. His platinum-colored hair is gently permed, and his indigo eyes, like those of an unexplored deep sea, are peeking out from between the gaps in his hair.

Why?

Why are you here?

As if responding to Nina's question, the man opened his well-shaped lips.

 

"I'm Heine Stingray, and I've been assigned to be this class homeroom teacher from today onward. Pleased to meet you. Oh, by the way, I see that my sister Nina seems to be always under your care."

 

The cruel older brother, a genuine monster who also belongs to the <White Knights>, said with a smile that was clearly fake.

 

"...... Looks like I'll be having a fun school life for the first time in a while."

 

End of Volume 2

-----

Thank you for my Patrons !!


[Platinum]

Aiden Elliott

Christian Schaffer

Duncan Rodgers

Elite

Max Kneifel

Swagaraga


[Gold]

-


[Silver]

blue shooting

CoolmanMTD

Creris

Frédéric Bertrand-Hudon

Glasses Kun

Pristia

Siyamti


[Bronze]

Anton Lim

Ctdela

Curious Panda

Hikigaya Hachiman


Read Advanced Chapters only on my Patreon

-----

 

<<Prev << ToC >> Next>>


Support Me