Thursday, May 2, 2024

[Teaser] DCO Volume 4 Chapter 3.1


TEASER

Volume 4 Chapter 3.1

Rampage at the Martial Arts Garden Part 1

 

When did I fall in love with him? Maybe it was since that time .......

 

"Nozomu, Ken, come quick~~! If you don't hurry, Musil will take over that place!"

"Hold on a sec, Lisa! Ken's not here yet!"

"Haa, haa, haa...... don't worry, he'll catch up to us later......"

 

During my days in the Oire village, I would always race out with Nozomu and Ken after a day's farm work.

Ken is a friend of Nozomu's. His family is also a farmer, but unlike Nozomu, he has a large family with seven siblings. However, he himself is a man of few words, and I remember that he seemed quiet when I first met him.

Our goal is to reach a single pine tree on top of a small hill surrounding the village. It is a playground for the children of the village, where they can play for a short while after the day's work is done and before the sun sets.

Like the adults, the children have their own factions and clash over the best place to play.

Under such circumstances, rules are naturally formed. That is the race to reach the single pine tree. The first child to get to the top of the hill after the day's work is done gets to play there until the sun goes down.

 

"Yay, we're the first!"

"No, we're not. There's someone else up there."

 

Unfortunately, there was another kid that day. Behind a lone pine tree, a girl with freckles on her cheeks was hiding there.

 

"Hey, isn't that Mehilya, what are you doing?"

"Well, umm ...... I was drawing a picture."

 

At the feet of the shy Mehilya was a picture of the Oire village landscape as seen from the top of this hill.

Roofs of houses illuminated by the sun, wheat fields just beginning to sprout, and horses, of which there are only a few in the village, grazing on the side roads of the fields with their carts loaded with goods. The landscape drawing on the ground in only shades of brown seemed as if it were cut directly from the landscape that I saw, as if it were about to start moving.

 

"Amazing ....... I didn't know you could draw such a great drawing!"

"I'm a little, embarrassed ......."

 

Mehilya's freckled cheeks flushed red. I don't think there's any need to be embarrassed.

In fact, both Nozomu's and Ken’s eyes lit up when they saw her drawing.

 

"Tsk, you beat me to it ......."

 

Right at that moment, a disturbing voice drifted over the hillside. I turned back toward the path leading to the village and saw five children, led by a tall, chubby boy. It's Musil, the village's brat general who gets tangled up with me in all sorts of ways.

He looks displeased, as if he is disappointed that we were the first to arrive.

 

"Right. Why don't you guys just go home?"

"Who decided that!? I never said we would leave, did I!?"

 

I frowned at Musil's words. Up until now, if we were ahead of them, Musil and the others would back off, even though they were swearing at us. But today, they were different.  Their smirking, condescending stares irked me.



This is just a teaser.
The full chapter is currently only available for my Patrons.
This chapter will be available for free on May 23, 2024.

Support Me