Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Can a Mob Highschooler be a Normie: Chapter 76

 

Mob Kousei No Ore Demo Boukensha Ni Nareba Riajuu Ni Naremasuka: Chapter #76

Translators: Nyx and Ririi Rain

 

 

 

Episode 76: The First Day of Training Camp

 

 

 

"Thank you for waiting."

 

 A voice from behind me brought me back to my senses.

 

 When I turned around, I saw Anna and Oribe in their swimsuits.

 

 Anna was wearing a black one-shoulder bikini. Her fair skin and voluminous bosom for her age were emphasized, making her very attractive. With her narrow waist and long legs, she was certainly showing off her foreign blood.

 

 Oribe, on the other hand, was wearing a large white T-shirt that went all the way down to her inner thighs, so you could not see what was underneath, but the slight transparency suggested that it was probably a red bikini type.

 

"What do you think? Could it be~, you are too mesmerized?"

 

 I nodded and replied to Anna, who put her hands on her hips and asked me provocatively,

 

"Wow~, you're beautiful! You look so~ great. To put it mildly, the best!"

 

"Eh?! ...Ah, thank you. It's kind of weird to be praised that much."

 

 Anna blushed with embarrassment at my unreserved praise and fiddled with her bangs.

 

 I thought this might be a good opportunity, so I made a request,

 

"Try posing for me for a second."

 

"What? Like this .....?"

 

 Anna bent forward halfway and put her right hand on her right knee. Mmm, it emphasizes her cleavage and it's wonderful.

 

 I took out my phone, which I had tucked in my jacket pocket, and said as I took a picture,

 

"Yep, nice! Pull your chin back a little and look at me. Yes, yes, look up. Yeah, perfect! Now let's try standing up a little straighter."

 

"L- like this?"

 

"Good! That's good! Look this way with a look of mockery. Yes, that's right! Now, try folding your arms."

 

"You mean like this?"

 

"Okay, let's bend over a little bit. ......Yes, yes, yes! Next, let's loosen your swimsuit a little!"

 

"O- o...... of course I won't do that! What are you making me do?!"

 

 ......Tsk, just until here, huh? I clicked my tongue inwardly and casually put my phone away before anyone could tell me to erase the photos.

 

"Sexual harassment! This is totally sexual harassment now!"

 

 Anna raised her eyebrows in outrage. ...... Even though you were the one who was so flirtatious.

 

"Maro, you're amazing. You were like a photographer tricking a model girl into taking naughty pictures."

 

"That said, Anna is probably a little too easy. As a friend, I'm worried about her future......

 

 Teacher and Oribe said with a mixture of admiration and dismay.

 

"Sayo, you won't take off that T-shirt?"

 

"Do you think I would take it off after seeing what just happened ......?"

 

Tch, I should have let her take it off first. Well, that's okay. There will be plenty of opportunities in the future.

 

 In order to divert attention from the topic, it was time to get down to business.

 

“So, what are we going to do now?”

 

 Anna put her hand on her chin in response to my question,

 

"...... Well, since today is the first day, let's all play fair and aim for first place, shall we? It would be good to change the conditions in various ways starting with the second round. ......Since we're at it, why don't we decide on a prize or something?"

 

"Hoo, like what?"

 

"Hmm, let's see. How about the first place get to give one command to the last place?"

 

 Anna grinned. I raised my hand vigorously,

 

"Here, I have a question!"

 

"What is it......?"

 

"Is the command applicable even to naughty things?"

 

 At my question, Anna's face turned red and she barked,

 

"Of course not!! The girls are not benefiting from it! Right, Sayo?"

 

"......................"

 

"............... Sayo?"

 

"...... What? Oh, ye- yeah."

 

 Oribe blushed a little and nodded.

 

"......A, and so! The command is not allowed to be naughty! This is the order of the head of the club!"

 

"I understand. But if there is to be a penalty game, we'll want a judge. And what about the checkpoints and the stars?"

 

 If Anna were to decide the checkpoints, she alone would have too much of an advantage.

 

 She knew that, too, and looked thoughtful.

 

 This was a look that said, "I should be the referee, but I want to participate in the race as well."

 

 My Teacher who saw this then spoke,

 

"If that's the case, I'll be the referee. If it's a competition where only three-star adventurers can enter, I can't be there in the first place."

 

"Sorry for the trouble, but may I leave it to you, Kannadzuki-senpai?"

 

"Yep."

 

 Thus, it was decided that Teacher would be the referee.

 

 The referee's job is to determine each checkpoint and the hints for each checkpoint, as well as to referee the bets when the club members encounter each other.

 

"What about the stars? The command game still only concerns the first and last-place positions, right? If the stars don't mean anything, then it would simply be a contest of speed, wouldn't it?"

 

"I think candies are a good substitute for stars, but I can't think of a good way to tie it in with the command game......"

 

"How about, the difference between the first place and the last place's candies can also be used to determine it? If the candies of the last place finisher surpass the first place finisher, then there would be no punishment."

 

"Then, everyone just has to come up with their own command."

 

Fuu~h, I thought there might be another punishment game that Teacher himself thought up...... That was a little scary.

 

"What about the judging of the encounters between players?"

 

"I thought about that when I was looking at the list of rules, but an encounter at 10 meters is too close considering the monster card's search range. This is a distance at which you would almost certainly have spotted and thought of approaching your opponent. So, if you see and call out to each other, wouldn't it be fine?"

 

"I see. As for how to bet on the star, .....can we decide at the same time, and then Teacher will tell us the result?"

 

"Hm. But I think it's too messy to use the words 'fight' and 'flight,' so shall we use 'duel' and 'escape'?"

 

 Right. ...... I nodded my head at this.

 

So it looks like they're going to hand out specific magic items or something like that to the players for the real race, and make it an input type. It's a great way to say that there's no need to worry about problems arising later in the race.

 

But still, I'm afraid of gremlins. I wonder if they have a measure against that.

 

"As for other detailed rules, well, as soon as you find anything, please contact the referee, and I will communicate it to the whole group with the badge. Maybe you can find a new hole in the rules."

 

"Yeah, okay."

 

"Oh, and when it gets to seven o'clock at night, we'll halt the race there. Let's all have dinner and camp together."

 

"Hee, I thought we were going to do this on our own,"

 

 I said with surprise.

 

"What are you talking about? That's no different from a regular dungeon conquering! It’s a special occasion, so we have to do something like a training camp! ...... Well, on the last day of the training camp, I'll have you sleep in the dungeon by yourself so that you can recreate the situation in case other adventurers mess with you."

 

"Just me? ...... well, it can't be helped."

 

"So, we'll be together in the morning, at night, and when we go to bed! The race area would be too large if we had to race through every floor, so let's limit it to 10 floors on the first day. The time limit is until dinner. Tomorrow, we will race from the 11th floor to the 20th floor. After that, the race will be from the 21st floor to the lowest floor. This way, we can have a mock race within a day."

 

 I see. The number of mock races would indeed be limited to two or three if all the floors were covered. It would be best to divide the race into 10 floors.

 

“Referee, have the checkpoints been decided?”

 

"Yes, it's done. It's just right, though. If we do it a few times, we might be able to predict the places where the organizers are likely to choose. These things tend to follow a pattern."

 

"True, I wouldn't put it too close to the staircase."

 

 Oribe nodded at my Teacher's words. ...Since Oribe is good at profiling, she might be able to predict the location of checkpoints and hints in advance.

 

"Well then, let's play rock-paper-scissors to decide who will start first."

 

 After three rounds of strict rock-paper-scissors, it was decided that Anna, Oribe, and I would start, in that order, with a one-minute gap between us.

 

"Okay, I will leave first!"

 

"I will go, then."

 

 I saw Anna and Oribe off, and a minute later, I entered the underwater passage as well.

 

 In this seaside dungeon, the passage was an underwater tunnel leading to the depths of the sea.

 

 Oddly enough, the entrance to the next level was connected to a safe zone with a sandy beach and sky, and the structure was such that it alternated between the sandy beach safe zone and the underwater tunnel.

 

 The underwater tunnel appeared to be interesting at first glance because it looked like a natural aquarium, but it was also a very unnerving experience because one never knew when a monster might pop out from within the water walls.

 

 In addition, since the ground was constantly filled with water with waves up to knee-deep, it was necessary to take precautions against the water.

 

 If one neglected to do so, they would be forced to exhaust their strength just by moving, similar to my battle with the Water Tiger in the past.

 

 This time, the cards had mermaid swimsuits and I had a flying carpet ride, so getting around was not a problem.

 

 It would have been best if we could have taken the Koshta Bawar, but since it is not usable in the water, there was nothing we could do about it.

 

"Now, first we need to get to where the hint is."

 

 I started up the map app on my phone and checked the location of the hint point that my Teacher had marked for me.

 

 According to the rules of the game, we were supposed to know the location of the hint points, so points were marked on the map, and when we arrived there, my Teacher would give us the hint via transmission.

 

 But the problem was that Anna and Oribe were also on their way to a hint point.

 

 The girls would most likely head for the hint points near the entrance and the exit.

 

 I would not want to start with bees stinging each other from the beginning. It would hurt too much to have one of the others move on while I am battling someone else. 

 

 This will be consistent with the real race.

 

 I decided to go to the point where the girls were unlikely to come, even though it would be a bit of a detour.

 

 ----But,

 

"You've come as expected, Senpai."

 

 Oribe was already waiting for me there.

 

 In the middle of the small open space that served as a hint point, she stood in an imposing stance with a fearless smile on her face.

 

 Sure enough....... I nodded inwardly at the expected scene.

 

 I had long since figured out that she was waiting for me there, thanks to Yuki's [Presence detection].

 

 I could have avoided her, but there was one reason I went to the trouble of making contact.

 

--Maybe her T-shirt had gotten wet on the way here and her bikini might have become visible through it.

 

 That was what I thought.

 

 And when I saw her, I knew my prediction was correct.

 

 Her white T-shirt, soaked with seawater, stuck to her skin, revealing her red bikini and the lines of her body.

 

 Unfortunately, her bosom was modest, but her neckline and the line from her waist to her thighs were magnificent.

 

 I was glad that I had chosen to make contact with her instead of avoiding her, I thought to myself as I spoke to her,

 

"So it's Sayo, huh?"

 

“Fufu, why don’t we put away our cards and talk first?”

 

............?

 

 I was somewhat suspicious, but when I saw that she had not summoned any cards, I thought there was no reason for me to refuse.

 

“You knew I was coming here.”

 

"Senpai usually tends to be risk-averse. Even in family restaurants, Senpai will order something you have had which you find good over and over again instead of trying something new on the menu. In a crisis situation, this tendency can be reversed at once, but..... in a safe game like this, it is very easy to read."

 

"I see. ...... So, why are you here? Why go to all the trouble of ambushing me like this?"

 

"Well, it's a simple business. I simply.... wanted to fight against Senpai."

 

 That's it? I frowned. Is Oribe throwing away the race from the very beginning?

 

"Both Anna and Kannadzuki-senpai have actually fought against Senpai and experienced your strength firsthand. I wanted to experience it firsthand as well."

 

I see......

 

 I nodded deeply and said,

 

"If that's the case, I'll accept your challenge."

 

 To tell the truth, I had been interested in Oribe's fighting style too.

 

 I had seen her use Yomotsushikome in her battle with the Mother Goat, but at the time she had Lost Tsuchigumo and wasn't in perfect condition.

 

 She would also have upgraded her deck with the 500 million yen, making her strength a complete unknown.

 

 I wondered how this sharp junior would fight.... Naturally, my heart was racing.

 

"I would have been disappointed otherwise!"

 

 At the sight of my battle-willed gaze, Oribe bared her fangs and laughed viciously.

 

***

 

Previous chapter | Novel page | Next chapter

Please help us out and get Advanced Chapters on our Patreon!

Or you can keep our spirit up by buying us Coffee (人ゝω・)

 

 

 

 

Support Me